2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolving78

The urge will come back and really soon if you have grays popping thru left and right like me ;-)).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

henna just seems like a bunch of work to me, but i stay curious. i'm scared i will jack up my hair. i stay jackin up my hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Girl you got me scared now, maybe I won't do the all henna application? Luckily for me I have no current clients and so I have been a SAHM of lately. I'm with you, I did not want to change my natural brown color that also has natural highlights but the deep auburn of the henna in the bright sunlight has really grown on me. I don't have much gray in the front, most of it is hidden plus a long and wide streak in the back.

I see you got yours out the way and I still didn't mix mine. I am so not in the mood :-(. I use Jamila Henna from Henna Sooq. I bought enough during Black Friday to last all of 2013 but at the rate I'm going, I may have some for 2014 too. I keep mine in the freezer.

Just thought I'd save a Sista from a crazy red-orange experience...LOL! I use Moroccan Henna for two reasons-- one, it has a quick dye release-about two hours and two, the dye is more red-brown than red-orange.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
henna just seems like a bunch of work to me, but i stay curious. i'm scared i will jack up my hair. i stay jackin up my hair.

I'm going to need you to hold still for a while...nothing new, extreme, NOTHING. Be scared...very scared.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Just thought I'd save a Sista from a crazy red-orange experience...LOL! I use Moroccan Henna for two reasons-- one, it has a quick dye release-about two hours and two, the dye is more red-brown than red-orange.

I am definitely going to try it next year...rolls eyes because I have a half dozen boxes of Jamila Henna in my freezer. I could have used the quick dye release today...btw I mixed my henna at 6:30a and will apply it sound 4:30.

Can I do an indigo afterwards if my henna turns out to red/orange??

Cattypus1

All loced up...

Henna definitely is a bunch of work! for me it is worth it to rid myself of the evil gray experience and make my hair stronger and thicker in the process. At my age, I need all the thickness I can get--it's all downhill from here. :).

KhandiB

Loving - No Prob!!!

I failed in my color attempt this past week. I was going for a red, and I just got tint, so mad, ahaha

KhandiB Thanks girl!!!

klsjackson

@caramelqt3683

I relaxed with the same thing on Saturday. This is my second time with the Butter Blend Sensitive Scalp. This is a keeper.

@klsjackson Did you relax?

Mande30: Yes! I relaxed. It was none too soon. I did not get a chance to take any pics. I will try to take some when I shampoo this week. I used ORS Normal Lye. I'm pretty much pleased with the results, but I did not get the crown as straight as I would have liked. I will do a corrective relaxer on that portion later. The other portions turned out great!

Mande30

@Mande30: Yes! I relaxed. It was none too soon. I did not get a chance to take any pics. I will try to take some when I shampoo this week. I used ORS Normal Lye. I'm pretty much pleased with the results, but I did not get the crown as straight as I would have liked. I will do a corrective relaxer on that portion later. The other portions turned out great!

klsjackson

Can't wait to see the pictures. I posted my results in the "Reveal" thread. I am going for the usual 12 weeks this time. What about you?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Henna definitely is a bunch of work! for me it is worth it to rid myself of the evil gray experience and make my hair stronger and thicker in the process. At my age, I need all the thickness I can get--it's all downhill from here. :).

I just did an all henna treatment...wish me luck! I learned today that the 2012 Jamila Henna Crop releases dye much faster in 3.5-4 hours. I let it sit for 4 hours, applied and will rinse after 5 hours. My DH is going to flip if its to orange/red but ask me if I care?

klsjackson

klsjackson

Can't wait to see the pictures. I posted my results in the "Reveal" thread. I am going for the usual 12 weeks this time. What about you?

Mande30: I saw your reveal pics, very nice! I really want to stretch 12 weeks, but not at the expense of my hair health. I was starting to experience breakage at week 9. So I'm gonna do a minimum of 8 weeks and take it week by week after

Hairroots

hairrotts, I did the hardcore protein and my hair feels so good. I always do a hard protein the week before my relaxer to give it some extra strength before the relaxer. I am excited about my relaxer. I had my hair down this weekend and used a little direct heat.[/QUOTE
[USER=362437]Rozlewis[/USER]wis. Your hair looks very healthy. Your relaxe turned out nice.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I just did an all henna treatment...wish me luck! I learned today that the 2012 Jamila Henna Crop releases dye much faster in 3.5-4 hours. I let it sit for 4 hours, applied and will rinse after 5 hours. My DH is going to flip if its to orange/red but ask me if I care?

You so crazy...LOL! Good luck, girl.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft

Hey, ladies...anybody heard of the Chi Enviro Smoother? Know anybody who uses it? Heard any results? I just decided to make the switch to Linange Butter Cream Texturizer instead of Mizani BB Sensitive Scalp. I just got a 4 lb. jar in the mail...I don't know what possessed me, I might hate it but I don't think so. Anyway, I just heard about the Chi and it really sounds lovely if it works-no chems, no heat except to straighten when you want it straight and you can color without damage. I'm debating on whether to send the Linange back and go Chi.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

Hey, ladies...anybody heard of the Chi Enviro Smoother? Know anybody who uses it? Heard any results? I just decided to make the switch to Linange Butter Cream Texturizer instead of Mizani BB Sensitive Scalp. I just got a 4 lb. jar in the mail...I don't know what possessed me, I might hate it but I don't think so. Anyway, I just heard about the Chi and it really sounds lovely if it works-no chems, no heat except to straighten when you want it straight and you can color without damage. I'm debating on whether to send the Linange back and go Chi.

I've never heard of it. If you decide to get it, first check the return policy.

MizzBFly

@hairrotts, I did the hardcore protein and my hair feels so good. I always do a hard protein the week before my relaxer to give it some extra strength before the relaxer. I am excited about my relaxer. I had my hair down this weekend and used a little direct heat.

this is so true Rozlewis, when I do Aphogee 2 my hair feels so soft:grin: and strong and fluffy. I know some people are protein sensitive but this is good info, beacuse alot of women think that end result is hard hair:nono:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I've never heard of it. If you decide to get it, first check the return policy.

I'm still researching. I'm not going to do anything until July and I don't know how it would like my already relaxed hair. I've done lots of things to my hair since starting my HHJ and all of it was with the intention of texlaxing to WNG. I would love a no-Chem alternative but I don't want to give up my length.

yoli184

Hi buddies....Have been M.I.A for a little way...Made some "minor" changes to my hair routine. Today I am 2 days short of 9 weeks post. Will relax @ 12 weeks post on 6/12. I will do a hard protein treatment before & after my touch up and reinstall another sew in on 6/19.
I've been in 2 sew-ins since my last touch up on March 20, and my hair is doing great. No damage....Im using ebony princess's method of removing sew-ins and it WORKS phenomenally!!!!! Thus, just for the purpose of making it to FULL BSL this year (......hoping to graze MBL as I am a lil less than 4 inches away ...),I am protective styling my hair with sew-ins until the end of the year. I will try my first lace closure with my next installment. I want ALL my hair to be protected. Big reveal on December 23, 2013...

Cattypus1

All loced up...

Hi buddies....Have been M.I.A for a little way...Made some "minor" changes to my hair routine. Today I am 2 days short of 9 weeks post. Will relax @ 12 weeks post on 6/12. I will do a hard protein treatment before & after my touch up and reinstall another sew in on 6/19.
I've been in 2 sew-ins since my last touch up on March 20, and my hair is doing great. No damage....Im using ebony princess's method of removing sew-ins and it WORKS phenomenally!!!!! Thus, just for the purpose of making it to FULL BSL this year (......hoping to graze MBL as I am a lil less than 4 inches away ...),I am protective styling my hair with sew-ins until the end of the year. I will try my first lace closure with my next installment. I want ALL my hair to be protected. Big reveal on December 23, 2013...

Oh my, that was a total snub...I'm on the buddy list, too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.