2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunySydeofLyfe

Great IM so glad we're still buddies! The book is great IM mad I waited so long to purchase it, IM really learning alot

Yeah buddy. That long stretch did nothing for me...i learned a lot but i don't think i want to go that long again. I'm getting that book too. I'm ready.

Suny

Hyacinthe

You girls have all the fun here,I want in.lol

No for real, I would love to hve a hair buddy or buddies.
I really need some help and encouragement to go all the way to 18 weeks.
I am planning on relaxing my hair July 27th or 29th
Anyone relaxing around that time?

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Babygrowth

Hyacinthe I am! But I will be around 8 months post! You can join my buddy group! We are kind of all over the place. My regular stretch is 18-20 weeks. Kim0105 MissyB sckri23 Angelinhell

Kim0105

Hyacinths, like Babygrowth said you are free to join us. We are a bit over the place (I am relaxing next week at 20weeks post),

Evolving78

I need to go and read what's going on, two spots?? I think I remember reading about gum in your hair and/or using MN?? Whatever the case, I'm glad you found the courage to cut the pieces and move on. As for hiding your hair for the duration of 2013, I am going to send you a present if you can do it. I don't think you can do it because you will be itching to let all that pretty hair swang, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

it got real and i cut those two pieces out. i posted pics in the other thread. i washed my hair and it turned on me again! i had to cut a smaller piece. my hair was so tangled. now i have to make sure i remove all of the shed hairs before i even think about letting anything with moisture touch it.

now i am going to challenge myself. i bought a few flowers and some hair clips. i am going to buy some more hair candy and try to make the most of my bun. i just feel defeated right now, but it's just hair. it will grow back. i also bought some motions moisture plus conditioner and couple of detangling combs, a diffuser, and some jamaican black castor oil

xu93texas

it got real and i cut those two pieces out. i posted pics in the other thread. i washed my hair and it turned on me again! i had to cut a smaller piece. my hair was so tangled. now i have to make sure i remove all of the shed hairs before i even think about letting anything with moisture touch it.

now i am going to challenge myself. i bought a few flowers and some hair clips. i am going to buy some more hair candy and try to make the most of my bun. i just feel defeated right now, but it's just hair. it will grow back. i also bought some motions moisture plus conditioner and couple of detangling combs, a diffuser, and some jamaican black castor oil

You can do it! This is just a minor setback. Please don't feel defeated. Your hair will grow back. (It's so thick and pretty!) I'm sure you're loving the new hair candy. Just think of it as bunning your way to BSL/MBL.

GrowAHead

I'm relaxing on Saturday... I had the most difficult detangling session that I've EVER had yesterday - it was awful. :nono: I'm not sure if it was because I air dried earlier this week (not a normal thing for me) or what - but I'm throwing in the towel. 16 weeks may be my max. Rozlewis Hairroots l:

ng2.JPG

Sorry for the low resolution - my phone is acting up.

Last edited:

xu93texas

Don't give up on it, try it on the weekend. I promise you that Roux Porosity Control Shampoo and Conditioner cured my highly porous hair. Before, when doing the porosity test, my strands would sink all the way down to the bottom of the glass, now they sit on top of the water. It's worth a try and I swear by it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've been hearing a lot about the Roux Porosity Control. I need to purchase this. I remember my stylist used to use this on my hair a long time ago. I also need to do the porosity test on my hair strands.

xu93texas

KiWiStyle, I'm sorry that the Chlorella didn't work for you. I know that detox stage is rough, but so worth it! I hope you get back to drinking your green smoothies again!

mschristine

Mande30 mschristine

I'm self relaxing tomorrow. I can't take it anymore.

Just bought some new products...not relaxing for a while. I want to let my hair in the top and the middle to grow some more since I'm not relaxing the back for a long while. Need to make sure that area will be covered while the damage is growing out. Good luck tomorrow! I wanna see some pics!

Cattypus1

All loced up...

I'm almost 6 weeks post and planning on going 16 which takes me to July 31. I have lots of buddies, we're all over the place and you're welcome to join us. The more the merrier--it's a great support group! xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
What do y'all think, got room for one more?

Evolving78

I'm almost 6 weeks post and planning on going 16 which takes me to July 31. I have lots of buddies, we're all over the place and you're welcome to join us. The more the merrier--it's a great support group!
What do y'all think, got room for one more?

plenty of room! i am going to relax around the same time too. i won't be doing much to my hair. just keeping it in a bun.

MGA2013

I need a buddy! Cause I ain't make it to my goal stretch of 24 weeks (made it to 23 weeks) but now that I'm figuring out products that can help my stretches. I know I'll make it to 24 !!!

Currently 3 weeks post!

Evolving78

I know you had a time with the mn this week...looks like you're getting back on track from your posts.

Yes! had a good hair day today. i just read something about castor oil causing shedding? i have to look into that. i don't need nothing causing me to shed more. i wanna thicken up my hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.