2016 Manetabolism Vitamin Challenge

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@AgeinATL omg today in was seriously about to figure out how to send messages on here to tell you the same thing!! Last night noticed two new pimples forming along my jawline. This is in addition to the two that are already forming on my cheeck. Luckily I use a really good skin care line so I'm able to keep them from becoming full blown cystic acne pimples that I normally get but I don't like it. Even tho Manetabolism did nothing for my nails,shedding and thickness it was growing faster and I had no breakouts. None. So I'll take.clear skin and do continue to do other things for thicker hair and shedding. Not going to continue either :-( so glad I didn't get more than a 3 month supply and only paid 13 for them at a hair show.

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL omg today in was seriously about to figure out how to send messages on here to tell you the same thing!! Last night noticed two new pimples forming along my jawline. This is in addition to the two that are already forming on my cheeck. Luckily I use a really good skin care line so I'm able to keep them from becoming full blown cystic acne pimples that I normally get but I don't like it. Even tho Manetabolism did nothing for my nails,shedding and thickness it was growing faster and I had no breakouts. None. So I'll take.clear skin and do continue to do other things for thicker hair and shedding. Not going to continue either :-( so glad I didn't get more than a 3 month supply and only paid 13 for them at a hair show.

Girl, THIS! I ain't about to walk around with pimples for hair glory! I will take my normal growth rate over breakouts any day. I bought some during Sally's sale, but they are going right back. Thinking of trying the Beautiful Bamboo vitamins next, but right now, I am just trying to flush the Mielle out of my system and get my skin back right!

bluediamond0829

I'm still trying to figure out if this vitamin actually works to grow hair? Ive looked at yt reviews and nothing. I like that they have other products for hair like the shampoos and conditioners and don't just rely on the vitamin for overall health of the hair. But I havent seen reviews like how Hairfinity was where they did the hair growth with Manetabolism. And like others I can't risk my skin for a hair vitamin. I would rather do it naturally over heaving massive breakouts.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@bluediamond0829 Manetabolism has grown my hair out. I started out getting 3/4 inch a month. Once my body got used to all of the vitamins and minerals in my body it scaled down to a consistent 1/2 in a month. I've been taking them for a year and a half. Mine skin didn't break out with Manetabolism. I'm starting to break out with Mielle Organics tho :-\

bluediamond0829

@bluediamond0829 Manetabolism has grown my hair out. I started out getting 3/4 inch a month. Once my body got used to all of the vitamins and minerals in my body it scaled down to a consistent 1/2 in a month. I've been taking them for a year and a half. Mine skin didn't break out with Manetabolism. I'm starting to break out with Mielle Organics tho :-\

Thank you @NaturallyBri87 it was just hard to find someone to say that they got results.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@bluediamond0829 you're welcome! Other than my consistent 1/2 inch a month and clear skin Manetabolism did nothing else for me. My nails were still breaking, hair was still shedding a lot and did nothing for thickness. Which is why I wanted to try new vitamins...but I'm not not sticking with Mielle cuz I just can't with the breakouts. not worth it.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Still taking old formula...i do have decreased shedding however i'm also taking garlic supps...actually it is the garlic, my shedding only got under control a couple of weeks after i started its use

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Still taking old formula...i do have decreased shedding however i'm also taking garlic supps...actually it is the garlic, my shedding only got under control a couple of weeks after i started its use

Yeah. It wasn't until I started using my garlic infused olive oil on my scalp that I had a decrease in shedding. The manetabolism old formula did nothing for my shedding. hopefully the new formula plus the garlic will help.

YesToHair!

SO pointed out that he doesn't think it is mane choice breaking me out. I'm only breaking out on my forehead and i recently wearing a synthetic wig with bangs, he said maybe it is irritating my skin. Plus i recently went back to eating meat after a 6year hiatus....

I'm going to sort out my wig/diet, continue with the vitamins and see...arg i'm just frustrated about my face! I'm already fat, i can't have bad skin too lol

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I forgot about my own thread lolol. I'm back on these. gonna finish out the bottles that i have and then probably try a new brand. will update with pictures when i take my braids out

YesToHair!

Starting bottle 10...5 1/4 inch hair...would probably be at 6 1/2 inches had i not had my protein induced breakage a couple of months ago...

Planning on being on these for 18m then will switch to Bamboo likely

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Finally finished up my stash of the old formula. Starting the new formula tomorrow. I got a consistent 1/2 inch a month with the old formula but it did nothing for shedding so hopefully the new formula helps with this. Gonna see if I can post my progress pic from my cell phone because I flat ironed a piece of a length check. I started these vitamins when I was at neck length and now I'm an inch or two away from bra strap length. And I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 trims between then and now.

Last edited:

YesToHair!

Started bottle 12...i'm at 6 inches after a 1 1/4 inch trim...they are not doing much for thickness and/or density

Will stop them at bottle 18...hopefully will have 9-10 inches then

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Okay here is where I am after a little over two years of these vitamins. Started at neck length in October of 2014. I did take a break and try Mielle Organics for a couple months before going back to manetabolism. If I did more passes at my roots with the flat iron it would be a little longer because my roots were still puffy. IMG_1978.JPG

Jade Feria

I just opened a new bottle and noticed that it has a fishy smell. I checked the bottle and it doesn't expire until 2018. I took 1 this morning and I was burping up a fish taste throughout the day. I haven't had this experience with any other bottle. Anyone else experienced this?

happycakes

Put your vitamins in the refrigerator if you're still burping up fish. If that doesn't work, they may not be the pills for you.

happycakes

It may be a bad batch of vitamins. It happens.

I recently had to discontinue my favorite hair vitamins due to a bad biotin break out. That biotin had me itching and scratching for weeks. I didn't know what hit me. Then once I stop taking these vitamins, my skin became normal again.

I may try them again, however one abnormal itch and I'm out.

Thanks, I'll try that. I've been taking Manetabolism for almost a year now, and this is the first time I've had that issue with a bottle.

Jade Feria

It may be a bad batch of vitamins. It happens.

I recently had to discontinue my favorite hair vitamins due to a bad biotin break out. That biotin had me itching and scratching for weeks. I didn't know what hit me. Then once I stop taking these vitamins, my skin became normal again.

I may try them again, however one abnormal itch and I'm out.

Ugh,what a waste. I wanted to continue for the sake of not wasting money, but I don't think I can do these fishy burps every day.

Did you switch to different vits, or did you stop taking them altogether?