2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Evolving78

I would still try it out and return it if you don't like it because most people fell in love with it. Sometimes it's not just any one ingredient that's not working for you but the entire formulation of the product as a,whole. You might be surprised by the results you get from it. Youll have to weigh the risks, how bad does it get when your hair reacts to honey? Is it hair breaking bad (Breaking Bad, get it,...NVM, lol) or a slight imbalance but nothing next wash day can't fix bad?
Like straw. Like I had to just throw that shampoo out. I forgot i can't use Joico products. Like nothing by by that company.

Miss617

Always left of center
I'm in! I just straightened my hair yesterday but it's up in a bun now, so I'll be back with a starting pic when I take it down.

What length are you now? Neck length

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What's your plan to reach SL? Protective style more often, not blow dry out of laziness.

What's your regimen? Working on it, but I wash once a week for the most part. DC when I feel like it, but I should shoot for at least once a month.

How will you celebrate/reward yourself when you reach SL? Hmm, haven't thought about it.

faithVA

Girl I took that stuff I got yesterday back and found some Keracare. Oh and Creme Of Nature has exploded with a bunch of new product lines that all come with leave-in conditioners for different hair needs!
That's good to know. At Sallys?

I don't know why I'm asking. I don't need another leave-in :lol:

Miss617

Always left of center
Girl I took that stuff I got yesterday back and found some Keracare. Oh and Creme Of Nature has exploded with a bunch of new product lines that all come with leave-in conditioners for different hair needs!

I've seen a bunch of new stuff at the BSS near me. I got a coconut milk detangling leave-in conditioner that actually works pretty well on my hair and my son's.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Welp the cornrows are out. Only a week later and they were unraveling and looked raggedy. I should have known better. When I was a kid my momma would always think I was forgetting my scarf because my cornrows would frizz so fast. That's just my hair I suppose-fine and frizz prone in certain styles.

I found a new style tho. Apparently my TWA can now be slicked into the world's smallest ponytails and then I slapped a faux pony puff on top. Gonna rock this for a week or two. I will snap a pic tomorrow when I have on some makeup :lol:

Evolving78

When I finished my hair Saturday I loved how my style came out and how straight my roots were, but my hair was super dry. I need to wash my hair again to remove product and hydrate it, without added product.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
When I finished my hair Saturday I loved how my style came out and how straight my roots were, but my hair was super dry. I need to wash my hair again to remove product and hydrate it, without added product.

I had to clarify this week again too because the protein treatment I used last week had cones in it. I won't need to clarify again until the end of January...maybe Feb 1st-ish. My hydration levels are increasing slowly but surely.

LdyKamz

My hair is dry dry dry and isn't soaking up product the way it normally does. I think I need to clarify but I don't have any more clarifying shampoo. I also think I need to start dcing under the dryer again. I shouldn't have stopped but laziness got to me. And I might 86 my mid week cowash if I start doing that again.

Evolving78

My hair is dry dry dry and isn't soaking up product the way it normally does. I think I need to clarify but I don't have any more clarifying shampoo. I also think I need to start dcing under the dryer again. I shouldn't have stopped but laziness got to me. And I might 86 my mid week cowash if I start doing that again.
I had to just change all of my products. My hair was just super dry! I stated in the other thread that I'm going to apply a clear gloss to protect my hair as well.

LdyKamz

I had to just change all of my products. My hair was just super dry! I stated in the other thread that I'm going to apply a clear gloss to protect my hair as well.
I saw that. I don't know anything about those. What are they? What do they do?

I think I'm giving up Aussie Moist. Everything except the 3 minute miracle. The shampoo and rinse out conditioner are unnecessarily coating my hair. I'll keep Paul Mitchell and Joico. I'm happy with them for the most part but I may be dealing with some serious buildup since I was mid week co washing and shampooing every 2 weeks. Turns out my hair didn't like that even though I thought it would work. I want to search for a really good clarifying shampoo.

Evolving78

I won't be wrapping my hair until I get some more length. I will straighten it, wear it out for the day, then use my little banana clip to keep it pulled up and off of my neck in the back.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm really loving the simplicity of my new regimen. I cleanse, DC and style (2-strand twist) while watching Netflix on the ipad in my bathroom. Wear them for three days and twistout for three more days and rinse and repeat on day 7. When I get bored and I will get bored, I'll be adventurous and flat twist instead, lol.

LdyKamz

I'm really loving the simplicity of my new regimen. I cleanse, DC and style (2-strand twist) while watching Netflix on the ipad in my bathroom. Wear them for three days and twistout for three more days and rinse and repeat on day 7. When I get bored and I will get bored, I'll be adventurous and flat twist instead, lol.
Sounds like a good regimen. Perfectly low maintenance. I want to do something similar except I don't think twists look good on me.

faithVA

How long does it take you to install your twist?

faithVA

Lol, my twists doesn't look good AT ALL either...I wear a hat when I go out. If I have somewhere to go and need to be presentable I do a twistout.
My twist don't look good either. Everyone at work has just gotten used to them. Flat twist look better on me and they are also faster to install. But I can't style them in a way where I can where a flat twist out yet. There is always a downside :lol:

LdyKamz

My twist don't look good either. Everyone at work has just gotten used to them. Flat twist look better on me and they are also faster to install. But I can't style them in a way where I can where a flat twist out yet. There is always a downside :lol:
I think I should probably start practicing but I always say that and I never do. Haha

Thanks to @shortdub78 I just gave away a ton of Aussie Moist stuff to my sister so I'm not tempted to use it. All I have left is Paul Mitchell and 1 tub of Joico Moisture Recover balm. I found a bottle of Nexxus Emergencee in my stash too. Not sure if I'll keep it. This weekend it's all about moisture since I'm blow drying.

Evolving78

I think I should probably start practicing but I always say that and I never do. Haha

Thanks to @shortdub78 I just gave away a ton of Aussie Moist stuff to my sister so I'm not tempted to use it. All I have left is Paul Mitchell and 1 tub of Joico Moisture Recover balm. I found a bottle of Nexxus Emergencee in my stash too. Not sure if I'll keep it. This weekend it's all about moisture since I'm blow drying.
Lol! Yes! We don't need to be tempted! Get it out of our lives! I was watching videos about not needing a bunch of protein treatments and I know for a fact stylists don't just give a client one, Unless it is totally needed. Especially with natural hair. We need moisture. And most products will assist with giving us that balance. That's why we gotta find and stick with a line that has a great chemistry of what ingredients will work. I'm telling you my hair feels so much better. I probably could have stayed natural, since I wanted to heat style often, but due to the bleach and using certain products, I just couldn't get the moisture I needed.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
How long does it take you to install your twist?

After I apply leave in, detangle and section it, it usually takes about an hour or so. I watch a movie or show the whole time so I never really timed it. I don't rush through it and sometimes play in it, lol.

Next week I'll time the install process.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

LOL! I would LOVE to flat twist but at my present length, there are too many long parts to cover. I'll hopefully be able to by Spring. I think for flat twist to look cute styled, you have to have 8 or more inches of hair so it can hang right. My 2 strand twists look crazy but the twistout is really cute even with all the lopsided layers from home cutting, lol!

faithVA

Lol! Yes! We don't need to be tempted! Get it out of our lives! I was watching videos about not needing a bunch of protein treatments and I know for a fact stylists don't just give a client one, Unless it is totally needed. Especially with natural hair. We need moisture. And most products will assist with giving us that balance. That's why we gotta find and stick with a line that has a great chemistry of what ingredients will work. I'm telling you my hair feels so much better. I probably could have stayed natural, since I wanted to heat style often, but due to the bleach and using certain products, I just couldn't get the moisture I needed.
I'm on the other side. I say keep it. I think you should have one protein treatment in your stash. Even as a low po natural my hair likes some protein every now and then. My hair retains moisture better after a good protein treatment. It does have to be the right protein.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

You're right about the product moisture/protein formulations. I learned my course healthy hair doesnt require regular protein treatments but my damaged ends to. My hair was perpetually dry ever since I BC and I could never figure out why but thankfully never gave up. I always believed the cure was just around the corner...my hair would show me signs that it could be so much better and I held on to that. It was external factors that damaged my hair; steam DC and the hard water and chlorine in my water. I'm so happy I pushed on because my natural curiosity and diligence is paying off.