2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
@larry3344
I just found another dead sea mud you can try and it's here

https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/products/salts-muds-seaweed/dead-sea-mineral-mud.html

With this one, you might have to personalize it to your liking. You can add any essential oils your hair likes to it. You will find many of the reviews, compelling. I will be getting that one next since it's cheaper but on this site you have to order a minimum of $100 in products so they don't charge you the $20 administration fee. Shipping is kinda high too.

I order a lot of my oils, rhassoul clay, essential oils, glycerin, multani mitti clay, fragrance oils, and some butters from them as well. I always wait until I need at least $100 in products before I order and I just keep filling my cart until I'm ready.

Me too. I have a full cart with them right now.

Jade Feria

So if I mix powders in to my DC, does that count as a gloss? Because I don't have time to break it up into 2 separate steps (gloss, then DC).

On Monday I mixed henna, rose, amla, neem, brahmi, & Kapoor Kachli powders together with some hot boiling water before mixing with the DC. Then I added my DC, honey, and a bit of the Parachute Ayurvedic oil. DC'ed as usual for 30 mins under the dryer. When I rinsed it out, my hair was sooooo soft, and moisturized, yet so strong! The oil gave it a nice, clean scent as well. I used the same powders to make a tea rinse, with rose water and aloe vera juice.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So if I mix powders in to my DC, does that count as a gloss? Because I don't have time to break it up into 2 separate steps (gloss, then DC).

On Monday I mixed henna, rose, amla, neem, brahmi, & Kapoor Kachli powders together with some hot boiling water before mixing with the DC. Then I added my DC, honey, and a bit of the Parachute Ayurvedic oil. DC'ed as usual for 30 mins under the dryer. When I rinsed it out, my hair was sooooo soft, and moisturized, yet so strong! The oil gave it a nice, clean scent as well. I used the same powders to make a tea rinse, with rose water and aloe vera juice.

:yep: According to the henna guideline PDF I got/ordered free of cost from Henna Sooq, a gloss is when your main ingredients are henna and conditioner.

The guideline recommends mixing the henna with water first to make a paste. Then mix it with conditioner (1:1 amounts conditioner and henna). Let it sit for 3-4 hours. Then apply it to hair and let it sit for 1-2 hours. Then rinse out.

douglala

I'm very interested and read the whole thread. I successfully re grew my natural hair with weaves/wigs. It now I want to transition to wearing my own hair out and NOT in protective styles all the time.

But I don't know where to start with her site. Too many options!

Exactly which oil are you guys calling her growth oil? I dont see one referred to by that name.

And I want to purchase a tea rinse as I know I don't have the time to buy and make myself. But you have to select all the ingredients yourself!?? I don't know what a good starting mix is.

I have natural hair but it's extremely fine and weak. I need strength, thickining, and still moisture and slip to help with detangling.

Can someone help me with selecting an oil and tea from her site? Thanks!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm very interested and read the whole thread. I successfully re grew my natural hair with weaves/wigs. It now I want to transition to wearing my own hair out and NOT in protective styles all the time.

Exactly which oil are you guys calling her growth oil? I dont see one referred to by that name.

And I want to purchase a tea rinse as I know I don't have the time to buy and make myself. But you have to select all the ingredients yourself!?? I don't know what a good starting mix is.

I have natural hair but it's extremely fine and weak. I need strength, thickining, and still moisture and slip to help with detangling.

Here is a thread about what people are calling her growth oil: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/thoughts-on-this-homemade-hair-growth-oil.816155/

I have not purchased anything from her site, but hopefully others will chime in soon.

I will say: It took very, very, very, very little time to make the tea.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Oh, and congratulations on the hair growth!!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break

That sounds divine!

douglala

Here is a thread about what people are calling her growth oil: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/thoughts-on-this-homemade-hair-growth-oil.816155/

I have not purchased anything from her site, but hopefully others will chime in soon.

I will say: It took very, very, very, very little time to make the tea.
Thanks so much. And I think you're right. I ALREADY have all of the carrier oils and essential oils. Henna already on the way. Just need the rest of the powders which I think I can get some from my local Health food store. So excited! Just what I needed.

douglala

I agree with this list. I think the plethora of mixes is to address individual needs at different times of the growth process. We all should tweak each recipe as needed. I think CurlyProverbs changed each recipe per her own needs and the requests of her followers.

I think the teas are great as a final rinse or to enhance your DC by spraying hair before DC.
Oil mixes are for scalp maintenance and various sealing methods.
Glosses/Masks are once/month treatments.
Butter creams for heavy sealing.

I think all of us will use a variety of these wonderful concoctions, but may not be enthused with all of them. For example, butter creams (shea) are not my friends due to my high porosity hair. I'm working on addressing this issue, but until then no creams for me.
What's your take on the shea butter for your high porosity hair? I am also high porosity but i think my hair like it.

Nini90012

Hello,
I am looking to purchase rhassoul clay powder. I purchased henna from hennasooq.com but they dont have the powder. Where do you purchase online?

douglala

Wait,.... are you guys putting the powders directly in the oil or using a coffee filter/stocking etc. I thought it was the latter but CP's video shows her putting it directly in the oil?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wait,.... are you guys putting the powders directly in the oil or using a coffee filter/stocking etc. I thought it was the latter but CP's video shows her putting it directly in the oil?

I've done it both ways. This last time I tried putting the seeds into a coffee filter and tying it up, and the powders all together into a separate coffee filter and tying it up.

I believe I prefer putting the seeds in a coffee filter and the powder directly into the oil.

In CurlyProverbz's videos, she adds the powder directly to the oil. Here's one video:

weavepat

@YvetteWithJoy sidr tends to swell or rather balloon when mixed with liquid. If you haven't already, try mixing a little bit into a paste to see for yourself. Most recommend using about half as much powder as you think you'll need and then go from there.

Even though it has a very fine sift, sidr can also be clumpy so even though you aren't waiting for dye release, if your mix does have lumps, let it sit for a bit, then go back in and smooth it out. HTH

weavepat

Massaging hair tea and growth oil into my scalp every night.

I've been trialing greg juice for the length of my hair and I like using a spritz that I don't have to worry about refrigerating. I'll still use the hair tea on my length, but only defrost enough for my pre poo and maybe a strengthening spritz post wash.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy sidr tends to swell or rather balloon when mixed with liquid. If you haven't already, try mixing a little bit into a paste to see for yourself. Most recommend using about half as much powder as you think you'll need and then go from there.

Even though it has a very fine sift, sidr can also be clumpy so even though you aren't waiting for dye release, if your mix does have lumps, let it sit for a bit, then go back in and smooth it out. HTH

Very helpful! Many thanks!

Aggie

Hello,
I am looking to purchase rhassoul clay powder. I purchased henna from hennasooq.com but they dont have the powder. Where do you purchase online?
I ordered mine from www.essentialwholesale.com but Camden-Grey is a lot cheaper. I might order from the latter supplier next time though. I also ordered from ebay before but I won't go that route again since the packaging was pretty awful.

ThatJerseyGirl

For those of you in the Hampton Roads, VA area (I just moved here...pray for me lolol), I found an Indian Grocery store at 415 N. Military Highway. It is right next to Planet Fitness and let me tell you...they have EVERYTHING and the prices are very reasonable/inexpensive. I purchased some Fenugreek leaves that came packaged. It looks like parsley, so I'll add a teaspoon to my oil mix. Meanwhile, they have the seeds, powder, seeds that have been grinned, etc.

All of the hair products are in front of the store and have a TON!

Let me know if you live in the area and stopped by that store. They will have everything you need. I had to go early because that bridge leaving Buckroe gets crowded quick on the way back and I didn't want to be stuck in traffic. That bridge can be a nightmare.

Jade Feria

:yep: According to the henna guideline PDF I got/ordered free of cost from Henna Sooq, a gloss is when your main ingredients are henna and conditioner.

The guideline recommends mixing the henna with water first to make a paste. Then mix it with conditioner (1:1 amounts conditioner and henna). Let it sit for 3-4 hours. Then apply it to hair and let it sit for 1-2 hours. Then rinse out.
Thanks for the info! I went and downloaded their PDF files. It only says that a *henna* gloss has henna and conditioner. On their blog, it says that a gloss can be made with any herb and conditioner:
Glosses are a less intense version of a full strength herbal (or ayurvedic) treatment and can be very useful for the first time herb user. Especially for those with fine hair, those wanting to tone down the orangey-ness of their henna, and those wanting very little colour and more moisturising.

Henna Glosses
Did you know that all the herbs we have at Henna Sooq can be used as glosses as well as full strength? Glosses are a less intense, diluted version of a full henna treatment, and are more moisturising, especially if conditioner is used.

Herbal glosses
  • Organic Cassia Obovata gloss: Used if full strength treatment is too drying. Can impart subtle golden tones
  • Henndigo gloss: Used to tone down existing henna, or tone down the warmth of natural dark brown hair
  • Indigo gloss: Used to tone and darken existing henna (with conditioner or cassia), create subtle blue tones on very dark hair (not in cassia). Organic Indigo For Hair is the better option here as it doesn’t go quite as dark as the Indigo for hair
  • Katam Hair Dye Gloss: Used to town down existing henna to medium brown tones, and to tone down the natural red in dark brown hair
  • Organic Amla Gloss: Used to help bring back curl and to condition the hair
  • Hibiscus Petal Powder Gloss: Used to condition the hair and add subtle red tints
  • Rhassoul gloss: Used to gently cleanse the hair without stripping the natural oils, increases elasticity of the hair
https://hennablogspot.com/quick-and-simple-herbal-hair-glosses/

Aggie

This morning I made my second batch of the CP henna strengthening tea rinse but this time I added hibiscus, kalpi tone and bhringraj powders to it. It looks a deep rich burgundy I guess because of the hibiscus powder.

I will definitely be making a loose paste with these powders to pour over my hair, powder and all in the shower since it looks so yummy. Plus they couldn't hurt but help with hair growth becsuse of the added essential oils I put in it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today I:
  • prepooed with Chicoro's 2-step moisture-drenched prepoo recipe (hair felt great!)
  • skipped the Cantu ACV Root Rinse
  • cleansed with Henna Sooq Coveda Shampoo Bar (hair was cleansed, NOT stripped, coated, and feeling super strong)
  • am DCing with Henna Sooq Hair Nourisher (about to rinse it out)
  • then section by section will work CurlyProverbz DIY Hair Tea in and apply new-to-me SM Anti-breakage Firm Hold Gel Cream (I'm praying it doesn't flake like it did for that lady on YouTube :pray:)
WP_20171109_011 1.jpg

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I ordered mine from www.essentialwholesale.com but Camden-Grey is a lot cheaper. I might order from the latter supplier next time though. I also ordered from ebay before but I won't go that route again since the packaging was pretty awful.

What was the packaging like? When I ordered 2lbs last year from Camden Grey and it came double bagged and taped tightly. I ended up transferring it to a large jar.

douglala

My oil mix is infusing.

I want to make a tea too but there are so many options I don't know where to start.
Even her website makes my head spin. Way to many options!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My oil mix is infusing.

I want to make a tea too but there are so many options I don't know where to start.
Even her website makes my head spin. Way to many options!

Yes, I know what you mean about the number of options! :spinning:

Here's where I started with my tea, and it was SUPER easy. I made one change: I added some aloe Vera powder because I wanted my hair tea to be hydrating and not just strengthening.