2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm not subscribed to CP and haven't been for a few months. I say the rest of this post with love because she has one of the sweetest spirits and dispositions on YT hands down.

I find her videos very scattered...almost like she is confused herself. The last video I did make it through left me like:

Outside of henna, our regimens are nothing alike from what I can gather. But I remain in this thread because it's active, I like the chill flow and some of my favorite members are in here.

:rofl:

And you are SO LOVED HERE. We love your contributions so much.

Yeah. :smile: Notice the title . . . CP-inspired? I adore her spirit and her generosity in sharing with everyone is incredible. But . . . uh . . .

I had to really pray about the resource I'm making. I don't want to overstep, step on toes, etc., but I was reading the exasperated questions and comments one day and read a response that clarified nothing, and just had it with it that day.

I decided she's busy. I decided to work with what was clear and just move forward, listening to my hair and reading ayurvedic tips.

MizzBFly

My CP henna tea rinse is currently infusing and will be 24 hours at around 9 pm tonight. I will strain and transfer it to a spray bottle around that time just before bed.

Last night I used a tablespoon each of amla, brahmi, bhringraj, rose, and kalpi tone powders, 1 teaspoon of shikakai powder and 2 tablespoons of Karishma henna powder with 24 oz of distilled water, 10 drops each of tea tree, lavender, rosemary and peppermint essential oils.

I have already stirred it twice since mixig last night and will give it another good stir now and wait until this evening before I strain it for use.
Great recipe @Aggie have you used this recipe before & what’s your porosity?

Aggie

Great recipe @Aggie have you used this recipe before & what’s your porosity?
@MizzBFly

Thanks love. This is my first recipe like this - I actually left out the msm and the vitamin C but I think I prefer the mix with it since this time I didn't feel those creepy crawly growth spurts I felt with my first batch. I will still add them in my application bottle this weekend. Too tired to deal with it now.

By the way, my porosity is normal to high, but higher than normal.

The recipe in question smells amazing by the way. I love the kalpi tone and rose powder additions for this reason. I no longer hear anyone say "I smell curry" when I'm around them anymore :lol:.

Last edited:

MizzBFly

@MizzBFly

Thanks love. This is my first recipe like this - I actually left out the msm and the vitamin C but I think I prefer the mix with it since this time I didn't feel those creepy crawly growth spurts I felt with my first batch. I will still add them in my application bottle this weekend. Too tired to deal with it now.

By the way, my porosity is normal to high, but higher than normal.

The recipe in question smells amazing by the way. I love the kalpi tone and rose powder additions for this reason. I no longer hear anyone say "I smell curry" when I'm around them anymore :lol:.
:rofl: @curry, I probably sweat turmeric and madras since we cook it weekly:giggle:
I hope you rest well with your busy work schedule and I’m going to try this recipe less the kalpi. I recently upped my stash with rose and hibiscus powders and I’m trying to find recipes that incorporate either. You’re right on Time Sis!

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I have another rave to share.
I’m on a (comparatively) chill and easy-going section of my hair journey. I already know I can reach WL pretty easily with low manipulation and protective styles. But as a Type 4, my challenge to myself has been doing the same with mostly loose WnG styling. A crazy challenge as I look back, but I’m feeling close to some kind of breakthrough.
My regimen has been a weekly variation on a (Ayurvedic) theme: clay washes, henna glosses, scalp treatments, & henna applications, with almost daily CP tea & CP oil.
I had 1/2 an application of the Alikay Naturals Honey Sage DC and 1/2 an application of the Jakeala Beau Vert Masque.
https://alikaynaturals.com/products/honey-and-sage-deep-conditioner?variant=36445209938
https://www.hattache.com/products/j...e-organic-matcha-green-tea?variant=8813490949
So I finally decided to empty these jars, and on a whim with a henna gloss. I added about 3 tbsp of premixed henna to each DC with about 5 tbsp of Suave Strawberry and applied to my hair with a little CP oil on top.
Ended up going to class and working out so it was in my hair all day. When I rinsed at the end of the night though... Bay-bay! Wow! :drool:
I never use DCs in my henna glosses as I previously thought doing so would be a waste (unless the DC was trash in my hair which I don’t believe counts). But last night has me thinking I might have to experiment with DC henna glosses, at the very least some of my natural, more Ayurvedic DCs that are nearly empty.
I have been washing my hair in 2 sections for about 18 months now, but since I’ve gotten more consistent with Ayurveda, it has become TREMENDOUSLY easier!
My curls stay tight and coily once dry but are elongated, strong, and so soft while wet. Detangling is a breeze! Even my styling time is down by about 1/3
With this last henna gloss, my wet hair was completely free of product but it literally felt like wet high quality cotton yarn. Like your nicest cotton sweater/scarf with fabric softener on it.
It was BANANAS!! I’m used to my hair feeling kinda silky WITH product. But just wet??? Hardly ever. Curiosity had me let my hair air dry with no product. So my hair was about 90% dry and naked. Would y’all believe it maintained the kind of elongation I only get with a leave in? And it was STILL soft. Ends weren’t even crispy!:dance7: I had a little party by myself. It was fantastic.
I ended up setting my hair for the week with 6 twists in a bun.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have another rave to share.
I’m on a (comparatively) chill and easy-going section of my hair journey. I already know I can reach WL pretty easily with low manipulation and protective styles. But as a Type 4, my challenge to myself has been doing the same with mostly loose WnG styling. A crazy challenge as I look back, but I’m feeling close to some kind of breakthrough.
My regimen has been a weekly variation on a (Ayurvedic) theme: clay washes, henna glosses, scalp treatments, & henna applications, with almost daily CP tea & CP oil.
I had 1/2 an application of the Alikay Naturals Honey Sage DC and 1/2 an application of the Jakeala Beau Vert Masque.
https://alikaynaturals.com/products/honey-and-sage-deep-conditioner?variant=36445209938
https://www.hattache.com/products/j...e-organic-matcha-green-tea?variant=8813490949
So I finally decided to empty these jars, and on a whim with a henna gloss. I added about 3 tbsp of premixed henna to each DC with about 5 tbsp of Suave Strawberry and applied to my hair with a little CP oil on top.
Ended up going to class and working out so it was in my hair all day. When I rinsed at the end of the night though... Bay-bay! Wow! :drool:
I never use DCs in my henna glosses as I previously thought doing so would be a waste (unless the DC was trash in my hair which I don’t believe counts). But last night has me thinking I might have to experiment with DC henna glosses, at the very least some of my natural, more Ayurvedic DCs that are nearly empty.
I have been washing my hair in 2 sections for about 18 months now, but since I’ve gotten more consistent with Ayurveda, it has become TREMENDOUSLY easier!
My curls stay tight and coily once dry but are elongated, strong, and so soft while wet. Detangling is a breeze! Even my styling time is down by about 1/3
With this last henna gloss, my wet hair was completely free of product but it literally felt like wet high quality cotton yarn. Like your nicest cotton sweater/scarf with fabric softener on it.
It was BANANAS!! I’m used to my hair feeling kinda silky WITH product. But just wet??? Hardly ever. Curiosity had me let my hair air dry with no product. So my hair was about 90% dry and naked. Would y’all believe it maintained the kind of elongation I only get with a leave in? And it was STILL soft. Ends weren’t even crispy!:dance7: I had a little party by myself. It was fantastic.
I ended up setting my hair for the week with 6 twists in a bun.

Wow! I love it. This is what I want and need in my natural hair life. Lol.

So what all was in your gloss? 2 DCs, 1 RO, henna mix, and afterwards oil on top? About how much DC total do you estimate you added to the mix altogether? TIA!

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
So one of my favorite things is to be able to feel my hair on my back. My hair is so coily I don’t even get full stretch full of product or water. Only straight. Well, last night I was playing around and leaned my head as far back as I could (back of head touching shoulders) and for the first time in my life, I noticed my hair touching the top of my hips. That just seemed so crazy to me, even at an angle.
Does anyone else angle their heads and sigh longingly to imagine their hair reaching that length without a cockeyed neck? Lol
My observation about this challenge and myself at this point in my hair journey is that taking care of my hair is fun again. It’s exciting to get back on my quest for the easiest, laziest, most effective regimen that doesn’t hide my hair or deter playing in it.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Well, I was a little nervous about the effects of mixing my DCs together so I basically did 2 henna glosses. Mixing DCs is hit and miss for me. On one half of my hair, I used the Honey Sage and the other half the Beau Vert.
So it was about 4 tbsp DC, 3 tbsp henna, 4 tbsp Suave Strawberry, then after applying I had about 1 tbsp of CP oil I smoothed on top to “seal” my DC. So 12 tbsp product per side. Wow. That was a lot of conditioner! Lol
Wow! I love it. This is what I want and need in my natural hair life. Lol.

So what all was in your gloss? 2 DCs, 1 RO, henna mix, and afterwards oil on top? About how much DC total do you estimate you added to the mix altogether? TIA!

fifigirl

Hmmmmm....about last night's wash! I suspect where i went long was leaving my treatment overnight

I prepooed for an hour with my fenugreek and bhrami oil had washed my hair with Creme of nature sulphate free shampoo....did an ACV rinse which i left on for 5 minutes.....then i put my Cantu shea butter deep treatment mask which had mixed a teaspoon of bhrami and amla powder as well as a tablespoon of honey. I spread it on my hair and it felt so good and rich. Now, (i'm sure this is where i went wrong) i left the treatment on overnight as i was tired. Normally i leave treatments in on my hair for only an hour.
I washed it off this morning and my hair was as strong as a rope but almost too strong and it doesn't feel right.
I had no energy to be bothered so i just made a parting and packed it into a bun. i will sort it out when i get home at night.

Lesson learnt!
Planning to cowash and use a moisturising conditioner

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
This is just my two cents, but I feel like this is where it’s so important to read the ingredients. I’m not sure what version of this you have, but the one I was able to look up has two concerning ingredients: polyquaternium-10 and silk amino acids. They’re mostly moisturizing ingredients but their very nature is also strengthening. Silk amino acids are hydrolyzed silk proteins and polquaternium-10 is film forming (why you see it in many good heat protectants).
So while leaving it in for less time might give you much better results, you might get the BEST results by adding the powders to conditioners that are protein/film free.
For myself, I don’t do henna/glosses the same week as a protein treatment. And I wouldn’t mix any kind of strengthening powder (amla, brahmi etc) with a conditioner that has strengthening properties. It’s a quick and easy way to overkill.
Did you leave this mix on for less time before and like your results?
I suspect where i went long was leaving my treatment overnight
... i put my Cantu shea butter deep treatment mask which had mixed a teaspoon of bhrami and amla powder as well as a tablespoon of honey.
I washed it off this morning and my hair was as strong as a rope but almost too strong and it doesn't feel right.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
The only thing that gets frequent rotation in my stash is deep conditioner. I feel like I’m always on the quest for a more perfect one. I also think the more you manipulate/use heat on your hair, the more you need a commercial grade deep conditioner. When I see people lament the ineffectiveness of homemade conditioners on very damaged hair I just shake my head.
So 5 on my top 20 (in no particular order) are:
-DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey original formula DC (almost a bad one to list since the ingredients probably aren’t the same)
-Theorie Green Tea Hair Mask
-Alikay Naturals Honey Sage DC
-Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle
-Loreal Total Repair 5 Balm

Bonus: I really wanna try DCs by: Macadmia Miracle, Kerastase, Ouidad (the Meltdown one), Fekkai, Camille Rose, and Briogeo. I need Santa to hurry up and set up this direct deposit lol

What would you say are YOUR top 5 DCs?

Aggie

:rofl: @curry, I probably sweat turmeric and madras since we cook it weekly:giggle:
I hope you rest well with your busy work schedule and I’m going to try this recipe less the kalpi. I recently upped my stash with rose and hibiscus powders and I’m trying to find recipes that incorporate either. You’re right on Time Sis!
:giggle: yeah I'm happy I don't smell like curry anymore and you're quite welcome hon.

Honey Bee

So yeah, it was the msm breaking me out. :( I wasn't even taking it internally. My skin is back to normal now. But I'm thinking, maybe it was over-use of the product, so I'll put it in dc's and see how that works. :yep:

Last wash day, I had all my products made and lined up in nice matching bottles. It was just... a beautiful feeling. I did everything in the shower so easy, no hopping in and out, everything just flowed.

I inspected my hair real good and my crown is inappropriate, just all the way out of order. :lol: There's breakage (prob from ps'ing for two years). I'm tempted to cut everything off, but that's how I got in this mess in the first place (and ended up ps'ing to grow it back out), so no. What to do? Well, 1. I probably do need to trim a small bit, 2. I need a dc worth a damn. :lol: I have the same problem as @ElevatedEnergy, shipping, not enough product for the price, etc, so I too will be making my own. Last wash, I used a cheapie and just added some CP oil and Neutral Protein Filler. :look: :lol:

My problem is, I don't know what ingredients my hair likes in a dc. So I bought a few samples of conditioner base on BF and will be testing them methodically. Then, I'll either keep buying it from them (by the gallon) or I'll make my own from scratch. Probably the former. :look:
Henna gloss tonight. My first. :yay: How long should I leave it on?

Oan, SO is really enjoying my hair out. :giggle: He's the one who encouraged me to go natural. :2inlove:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@Honey Bee Which BTMS did you get?

A basic recipe would be just the BTMS, water and preservative. From researching today, I was amazed at how much of a conditioner is actually just water.

Here is a YT'r that makes her own DC and all she uses is water, BTMS and Grapeseed oil. Just look at the slip though.

I have a recipe that I came up with today. I'll PM it to you tomorrow...it's saved on my PC.

Aggie

The only thing that gets frequent rotation in my stash is deep conditioner. I feel like I’m always on the quest for a more perfect one. I also think the more you manipulate/use heat on your hair, the more you need a commercial grade deep conditioner. When I see people lament the ineffectiveness of homemade conditioners on very damaged hair I just shake my head.
So 5 on my top 20 (in no particular order) are:
-DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey original formula DC (almost a bad one to list since the ingredients probably aren’t the same)
-Theorie Green Tea Hair Mask
-Alikay Naturals Honey Sage DC
-Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle
-Loreal Total Repair 5 Balm

Bonus: I really wanna try DCs by: Macadmia Miracle, Kerastase, Ouidad (the Meltdown one), Fekkai, Camille Rose, and Briogeo. I need Santa to hurry up and set up this direct deposit lol

@bolded - you are definitely right about this. I tend to use my commercial DCs when my hair really seems in disrepair. The handmade DCs don't seem to work at all. :nono: :sad:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
It’s cause most of the homemade/handmade stuff doesn’t have any/significant enough quantities of hydrolyzed proteins or rinse-resistant moisturizers. I really feel like the “all natural” stuff a la avocado, yogurt and bananas is for already very healthy hair &/OR as a supplement for the more expensive big guns.
@bolded - you are definitely right about this. I tend to use my commercial DCs when my hair really seems in disrepair. The handmade DCs don't seem to work at all. :nono: :sad:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Me too?:look:
Seeing this lady’s results makes the whole PJism seem like such a colossal scam!! And with results like that, it seems criminal that curly hair would default to anything other than shampoo bars.
Sheesh.
I’ve only had comparable cleanser results with black soap.
I’ve got a heap of things in my stash to use up before I can even think about whittling my routine down to a handful of amazing, inexpensive, homemade products.
@Honey Bee
I have a recipe that I came up with today. I'll PM it to you tomorrow...it's saved on my PC.

Honey Bee

@Honey Bee Which BTMS did you get?

A basic recipe would be just the BTMS, water and preservative. From researching today, I was amazed at how much of a conditioner is actually just water.

Here is a YT'r that makes her own DC and all she uses is water, BTMS and Grapeseed oil. Just look at the slip though.

Oooh, thanks for the vid and the forthcoming pm! :kiss: I have BTMS- 50.

Meanwhile, tho, tell me more about this all in one product. :scratchchin: :bookworm:

It’s cause most of the homemade/handmade stuff doesn’t have any/significant enough quantities of hydrolyzed proteins or rinse-resistant moisturizers. I really feel like the “all natural” stuff a la avocado, yogurt and bananas is for already very healthy hair &/OR as a supplement for the more expensive big guns.

I agree, which is why I'm not playing those games. :look: My hair is very fine. Some strands are so fine you can barely even see them. I'm shocked that I ever reached apl relaxed, tbh. So I got samples of all kindsa hydrolyzed proteins, 'good' alcohols, a few silicones. My hair ain't like Nap85's or CP's. At all. I need science. :look:

I got some banana powder too, tho, just to cover all bases. :look: :lol:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@Honey Bee @kxlot79

Ok cool, I have BTMS 50 on the way too, so that's what I've been researching. But here is an example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.brambleberry.com/our-favorite-conditioner-recipe.aspx

Here is a recipe for a 16 ounce conditioner from a reputable company that sells ingredients.
There are helpful tips through out the site and they give you the recommended percentages to make a stable, solid conditioner.

Of course, it's just a guide...you can cater it to your hair.

The below one is the one I used and tweaked. Because I'll be using shampoo bars, I wanted a conditioner that was PH balanced yet super conditioning.

http://www.humblebeeandme.com/two-one-creamy-hair-conditioner/

And because both recipes are probably not catered to dry hair in need of extra conditioning, I added a bit more oomph. I'll still PM you my version tomorrow. I should have saved it on my phone, but I was doing all my research while the kids were sleep down in the office.

ETA: the 2nd one is only a 4 ounce batch so if it doesn't work out then hey...no big loss. LOL We just gone keep playing round till we get this thang right!

Last edited:

Honey Bee

@Honey Bee @kxlot79

Ok cool, I have BTMS 50 on the way too, so that's what I've been researching. But here is an example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.brambleberry.com/our-favorite-conditioner-recipe.aspx

Here is a recipe for a 16 ounce conditioner from a reputable company that sells ingredients.
There are helpful tips through out the site and they give you the recommend percentages to make a stable, solid conditioner.

Of course, it's just a guide...you can cater it to your hair.

The below one is the one I used and tweaked. Because I'll be using shampoo bars, I wanted a conditioner that was PH balanced yet super conditioning.

http://www.humblebeeandme.com/two-one-creamy-hair-conditioner/

And because both recipes are probably not catered to dry hair in need of extra conditioning, I added a bit more oomph. I'll still PM you my version tomorrow. I should have saved it on my phone, but I was doing all my research while the kids were sleep down in the office.

It must be a small yt world cuz I just finished watching Humblebee's vid and Brambleberry's. :lol:

I have everything in Brambleberry's recipe (purchased from them, actually, lol) you linked to. I could make it right now, but I'm trynna use up my remaining stash. I'm also interested in that added oomph you mentioned. :look:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It must be a small yt world cuz I just finished watching Humblebee's vid and Brambleberry's. :lol:

I have everything in Brambleberry's recipe (purchased from them, actually, lol) you linked to. I could make it right now, but I'm trynna use up my remaining stash. I'm also interested in that added oomph you mentioned. :look:

Me too Sis! That's why I'm only making 4 ounce batches at a time....and also why I'm only working on a PH balancing conditioner. I figured this will help me to practice while I'm using up my stash. That way I'll be ready for the big leagues once the time comes. LOL

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wavey:

REMINDER:
Take a January 1, 2018 hair length and health check photo.
:smile:

INITIAL PHOTO TIME IS APPROACHING! Please make plans!

Details

The photo can be taken a few days before or after January 1st. If natural, there is no need to blow dry or flat iron, but folks can if they like! If you've already posted your photo, no need to post again but you can! :smile:

Purpose
The purpose of the photo is to function as a "BEFORE" photo. We will take an "AFTER" photo around March 31st. We want to see what our ayurvedic products and techniques are actually doing for our hair! :yep: Feel free to bust out your tape measure, too. Photo documentation is incredibly informative. Get your photo on!

Sharing
Posting your length and health check photo(s) to this thread is optional (no pressure, though we would LOVE to see them!). Hopefully everyone will at least post to the thread a description of their hair and length, what they hope to see in 3 months, and any other notes you feel are helpful.

Happy healthy hair growing!

fifigirl

This is just my two cents, but I feel like this is where it’s so important to read the ingredients. I’m not sure what version of this you have, but the one I was able to look up has two concerning ingredients: polyquaternium-10 and silk amino acids. They’re mostly moisturizing ingredients but their very nature is also strengthening. Silk amino acids are hydrolyzed silk proteins and polquaternium-10 is film forming (why you see it in many good heat protectants).
So while leaving it in for less time might give you much better results, you might get the BEST results by adding the powders to conditioners that are protein/film free.
For myself, I don’t do henna/glosses the same week as a protein treatment. And I wouldn’t mix any kind of strengthening powder (amla, brahmi etc) with a conditioner that has strengthening properties. It’s a quick and easy way to overkill.
Did you leave this mix on for less time before and like your results?

You know, after my post, yesterday i was thinking to myself that maybe it was a protein conditioner., it's not a conditioner i use regularly was just trying to use it up.....So, Thank you for helping me out! I'm not a fan of this conditioner and won't be using it again. Ordered for Mane choice's Easy on the Curls detangling hydration conditioner and will use that instead next time.
I will certainly pay more attention to what i mix my ayurvedic powders with and stick to your advice of using moisturising conditioners that don't contain protein

Luckily my hair is okay now as i used Scurl to bring it back to life!

Sally.

hey yall, ayurveda newbie here. i have some questions:

1. what is a quality but cheap site to order ayurveda products from? i went to three indian stores yesterday and none carried the powders.

2. do we prepoo with the ayurveda oil on dry or wet hair?

3. when doing the tea rinses, should we be shampooing before?

4. does using cassia give the same results as henna? i’m trying to avoid getting red/orange hair. also, when you all add henna power to your oil mixes, does that leave a tint on your hair?

5. i see so much about henna gloss. what’s the difference between the gloss and hennaing? also does the gloss give the hair a reddish tint?

Last edited:

Sally.

I'm so excited for this!
I now have:

DIY amla & brahmi oil
Dulhan body art quality henna
Neem powder
Hesh Amla powder
Hesh Shikakai powder
Hesh Brahmi powder
Hesh Rose powder
Hesh Heenara powder
Hesh Kapoor Kachli powder
Swad rose water
Dabur Vatika Oil
Mahabringaraj oil
Sesa Ayurvedic oil
Parachute Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Hairveda Shkakai Oil
Hairveda Vatika Frosting
Fenugreek seeds

I'm going to continue adding powders to my DCs, and maybe some oils.
Looking into some tea rinse recipes.
Using the oils for sealing, scalp massages/inversion, prepoos and oil rinsing.
What else can I do?
nice haul. did you order these products? if so, can you share the website?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
hey yall, ayurveda newbie here. i have some questions:

1. what is a quality but cheap site to order ayurveda products from? i went to three indian stores yesterday and none carried the powders.

2. do we prepoo with the ayurveda oil on dry or wet hair?

3. when doing the tea rinses, should we shampooing before?

4. does using cassia give the same results as henna? i’m trying to avoid getting red/orange hair. also, when you all add henna power to your oil mixes, does that leave a tint on your hair?

5. i see so much about henna gloss. what’s the difference between the gloss and hennaing? also does the gloss give the hair a reddish tint?

I can answer some of your questions:
#2.) It's up to you. Some of the ladies just pre-poo with it, others use it as a mid step, and/or use it as a daily scalp oil. I personally use it as mid-step (DC), a sealer, and as a daily scalp oil. You have to test and see which one grants you the most benefit.
#3.) It depends on your hair health (porosity, damage, etc.). Some use the tea rinse as you would an ACV rinse, while others use the tea rinse as a daily strengthening/moisture spritz, among many other uses. I have high porosity, color-treated hair so I benefit from it more by using the rinse as a daily spray.
#4.) I have not personally used cassia in place of henna. Another member has mentioned that cassia does give the same results as henna, without the tint of color. I think it was @ElevatedEnergy .

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm not subscribed to CP and haven't been for a few months. I say the rest of this post with love because she has one of the sweetest spirits and dispositions on YT hands down.

I find her videos very scattered...almost like she is confused herself. The last video I did make it through left me like:

Outside of henna, our regimens are nothing alike from what I can gather. But I remain in this thread because it's active, I like the chill flow and some of my favorite members are in here.

I have to agree with you on this.

CP’s biggest selling point is her growth, but it’s kinda hard to follow her. I’ve been incorporating a bit of things here and there, and I can honestly say, I cannot exclusively use ayurveda every wash day is large amounts. I have to pick a struggle. I already know that I cannot be heavy with ayurveda, but I’m glad I am being more consistent with it.

Last wash day, I used my black soap, homemade conditioner, glycerin leave in, Shea Butter and oil, all of which are Ayurvedic, and while my hair is nice and soft, a strand test will say otherwise. Even if I looked at her complete regimen, I would have to question it. Outside of my shampoo and maybe Shea Butter, there is no way I can use any of this stuff this week.