3 years post relaxer // 19 months natural

Wow!!! That august pic is amazing. I love your juicy texture and how healthy your hair looks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

@cch24 I think I've told you this before, but I absolutely love your hair! your progress and retention are awesome!

Last edited:
:drool: @ the aug stretched hair pic
You've got mad retention going on you'll def make WL by Dec this year.

WOW! Your hair is amazing!

OT: Why you making that Olsen twins face in all of the pictures? lol

i kept scrolling back up and counting the months in between lengths to make sure i was seeing it correctly. AMAZING RETENTION!!

Pictures first...

April 2010:

Photo526.jpg

October 2010:

Photoon2010-10-09at10032.jpg

December 2010:

Photoon2010-12-18at13593.jpg

April 2011:

Photoon2011-04-26at1234.jpg

June 2011:

photo2.jpg

August 2011:

photo3.jpg

September 2011:

photo4.jpg

Today! (October 2011:

photo.jpg

Words later...

My regimen has pretty much been the same since I began transitioning. I conditioned, detangled, and bunned pretty much every day until June of this year. In June I started conditioning, twisting, and bunning twice a week. I always DC at least once a week, do a cassia treatment once a month, rarely use heat, and try to keep my moisture/protein balance. I'm really happy with my hair growth thus far. My goal was to be at waist length by now and I'm pretty close, if I haven't made it. I won't be straightening again until February or March, but I'm confident that by then I'll have significant hairs at/past waist. My ultimate goal is hip length, but we'll see what happens when I get there.

Thank you everyone for all the information provided. I'm not a heavy poster, but I'm a heavy reader, and the information that I've learned from this website is amazing.

Wow!!!! beautiful just beautiful. I don't know what length you were when you started but you had a really nice growth.

cch24, thanks for posting the pictures of your buns. The reason I asked for pictures is because I wanted to see how your hair looked in buns, and I am thinking about just maybe giving buns another try for length retention.

Poohbear - Since my hair is almost always in a bun I didn't even think that someone would find them interesting to look at. I usually alternate high and low buns and secure them with an ouchless elastic and amish hair pins.

ETA: I forgot to answer the rest of your questions! I shampoo before I deep condition, so at least once a week. My hair doesn't seem to mind shampoo and I kind of like the lather. I would condition and detangle every day. I always do my hair in four sections so I just applied conditioner to my wet hair, did whatever I needed to do in the shower, and ran a wide tooth comb through each section while it was under the water. I didn't lose very much hair because I was getting the shed hair out every day. Now that I'm only detangling once or twice a week I had to get used to the amount of hair that was coming out. I only stopped because my hair was getting longer and I was getting lazier.

Photoon2011-09-18at2125.jpg

Photoon2010-09-05at09042.jpg

Photo504.jpg

Back