5 SCRUNCHIES NOW!!! PIC HEAVY!!!(MY LHCF JOURNEY 2003 TILL NOW)

MrsHdrLe

Iris, you were the first person I connected with when I joined in February and I can honestly say your spirit is every bit as beautiful as your hair. You are a great inspiration on many fronts and your long, gorgeous and healthy hair is the epitome of your all around beauty. Thanks for being a friend and congratulations. I'm right behind you (just about 3 years back though:giggle:).

winnettag

Thanks Irresistible, now we have one more way to measure our hair growth.
I think I'm at 2 scrunchies now, I hope to be at 3 scrunchies by 2/10, lol.

Beautiful hair and excellent progress. Thanks for sharing

YankeeCandle

Gives meaning to the phrase "crowning glory." Who would need a tiara with that lovely, oiled, royal queen-style pony?

but I've been meanin to ask you: how do you keep the coconut oil from making a streaky oily mess on every fabric it touches?

I tried coconut oil (unrefined, virgin) as a leave-in this summer. It looked touchable...but touching it was a BIG greasy mistake. And it left a greasy stain on my satin cap, pillowcase, couch cushion, and shirt! I ran home and washed it out.

Irresistible

You have some beautiful fast growing hair Iris.
Thank you Aggie :hug2:

This is a whole total of 15-16 years girl, that didnt feel fast to me at all girl hehe

but girl yeah lately its been growing out of nowhere , but still, its still over a year since the last scrunchie update, not real fast mama, just kinda creeping there

I was thinking how much I usually trim when I press , its like to keep the length I cant press cause I know I will have a hard time fighting with the scissors

Iris, you were the first person I connected with when I joined in February and I can honestly say your spirit is every bit as beautiful as your hair. You are a great inspiration on many fronts and your long, gorgeous and healthy hair is the epitome of your all around beauty. Thanks for being a friend and congratulations. I'm right behind you (just about 3 years back though:giggle:).
awww your such a sweetheat :kiss: :sneakyhug:

Thank you so much mama! :Rose:
Thanks Irresistible, now we have one more way to measure our hair growth.
I think I'm at 2 scrunchies now, I hope to be at 3 scrunchies by 2/10, lol.

Beautiful hair and excellent progress. Thanks for sharing

Thank you girl , yeah your right this is one way kinda I guess, not totally accurate on actual length , but its the only way I know to gauge my hair:grin: , non pressed and not pulling it to stretch that is

Eta: if people start posting in scrunchie lengths like I do I will be fallin out girl! :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:

Irresistible

Gives meaning to the phrase "crowning glory." Who would need a tiara with that lovely, oiled, royal queen-style pony?

but I've been meanin to ask you: how do you keep the coconut oil from making a streaky oily mess on every fabric it touches?

I tried coconut oil (unrefined, virgin) as a leave-in this summer. It looked touchable...but touching it was a BIG greasy mistake. And it left a greasy stain on my satin cap, pillowcase, couch cushion, and shirt! I ran home and washed it out.
awww what a compliment! your the bomb girl :grin:

on the coconut oil:lachen::lachen:

sorry I tried not to laugh, there aint no way around it girl, when I do my hair before leaving, I have a towel draped around me the whole time and paper towels on hand, its oily, but the thing I love about coconut oil is at least it smells good and you can just rub it into your skin, non sticky/tacky/greasy:grin:

But it does absorb, and I only really drench it when I first do it, then I only touch it up for the next week or sometimes two(lazy), sometimes in between I will take it down and finger through more oil, but for the most part after the first day its not so bad anymore

The scrunchies stay oily somewhat though, as long as those dont bleed everything is cool and kopastetic in my world :lachen:

Ive stopped worrying about the paper on the table in the docs office and such silly things like that and no more care what they think:lachen:

YankeeCandle

Ive stopped worrying about the paper on the table in the docs office and such silly things like that and no more care what they think:lachen:

BWAHAHAHAHA! So basically, you leave a trail wherever you go.:lachen:..What does your S.O. think about that??

I wonder if I could put in a light sheen of Coconut oil on wash day (on damp hair) and then try to absorb most of it with something..maybe a cheap scrap of fabric or a Viva paper towel. Sort of like draining freshly fried chicken, french fries, etc...and then allow the residue stay in hair.

Irresistible

Thank you for all the (hair) love ladies :Rose:

you ladies are all truly wonderful!

all these years , there were many set backs for me, as many of you know , such as illness, protein overload etc

I hope in any way, when I post that I'm finally actually getting progress for some of you
'going through it' it motivates you to just hang in there, and keep going , because it does come! :yep:

Last edited:

Irresistible

BWAHAHAHAHA! So basically, you leave a trail wherever you go.:lachen:..What does your S.O. think about that??

I wonder if I could put in a light sheen of Coconut oil on wash day (on damp hair) and then try to absorb most of it with something..maybe a cheap scrap of fabric or a Viva paper towel. Sort of like draining freshly fried chicken, french fries, etc...and then allow the residue stay in hair.
well one day he asked me if I could use less oil :lachen::lachen::lachen:

sorry girl but that was funny to me , and to anyone who really knows me hahaha

so now he just rubs it in if it gets on his shoulder or whatever, he told me yesterday , ' I know I say this or that BUT I DO love your hair and all that you do and how it smells ' .. He was looking like this :lick: I wont go into what he said about smelling his pillows when I aint there :look:

The thing with me is natural oils/butters have never bothered me tho

so maybe its more personal choice , I dunno, but its gone quickly so I dont trip it

now back in the grease days, a whole other story

Last edited:

Irresistible

lol like chicken or french fries haha:lachen:

I swear it absorbs girl, if you can give it the time and have the patience for it, because until it absorbs its still going to be there

but believe this, the little downside of the oil slicks :look::grin: are nothing compared to the huge benefits for your hair:yep:

Dogmd

absolutely fabulous hair. i am soo jealous.. girl i came to lhcf in 2004 and i have hit brastrap on 3 different occasions after haircuts and shedding fiascos ...never gettting beyond brastrap and sitting here thinking "will i ever grow longer than this" . I have had hormonal issues and pregnancies and shedding and yada yada, so THANK YOU for showing an update that gives me hope! :thankyou:

Irresistible

Btw I tried a conditioner/leave in only regimen for about a month

not by choice per say but just was being lazy and skipped the oil first

BIG MISTAKE

It was not pretty detangling my stuck together hair so I vowed never again

my hair just loves and needs the oil

but as we have seen not everyone's hair does

mine drinks it up, so its not around long :grin:

Irresistible

absolutely fabulous hair. i am soo jealous.. girl i came to lhcf in 2004 and i have hit brastrap on 3 different occasions after haircuts and shedding fiascos ...never gettting beyond brastrap and sitting here thinking "will i ever grow longer than this" . I have had hormonal issues and pregnancies and shedding and yada yada, so THANK YOU for showing an update that gives me hope! :thankyou:
aww that really meant the world to me :kiss:

yes mama you can still grow , and A LOT at that! :yep::yep:

FindingMe

good lord. THAT is a beautiful head of hair! I :love: it! I been staring at your siggy now for like the last 10 min....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....

:rofl: it's hypnotic....I'm in a daze...:lol:

Irresistible

good lord. THAT is a beautiful head of hair! I :love: it! I been staring at your siggy now for like the last 10 min....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....thick long pony....long flowing loose....

:rofl: it's hypnotic....I'm in a daze...:lol:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: girl you got me crackin up

aww thank you girl, your so sweet :kiss:

MagnoliaBelle

Hi Iris!

This is always my concern too. :ohwell: It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.:drunk:

Anyhow, you're definitely an inspiration with your beautiful hair and your no stress sweet personality! I love your banded ponytails and coconut oil! They are staples for me as well! :spinning:

Lovie

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

What an inspiration you are! Congratulations on your patience, that time you seemed stagnant you were just rejuvenating...and now you are taking off !

Thank you for sharing your progress and happy hair growing as you continue on to hip length. I'm very happy for you! :yep::drunk:

YankeeCandle

Thanks, girl! You sold me! Next time I wash, it's all coconut oil for styling! :grin:

P.S. Now I will be imagining a man sniffing your tropical scented pillow. Maybe you've created a new "fetish."