A Year Worth of Growth w/ MTG, Mega-Tek, JBCO, etc...

Daaamn !!!
are you serious !!?? NL to almost APL in one year !!!!??? this is AAAAWESOME !!! so inspiring post !! thank you so much for sharing !!
i'm myself in Half Wig since 2 weeks, and i like how the way my hair is protected under. you makes me want to be very consistent and not giving up ! thank you so much !!!
(and i want the pm with the mixture ratio me too me tooooo :D !! )
it is so great !

LOL!! I honest to God thought that the growth I experienced was typical! I didn't know it was anything serious...ahahahaha....I was more focused on the 5 month progress from using the oil mixture from march to august...who knew that it was that significant! lol..either way, thanks missy! And I'll PM you with the mixture stuff... and stick with it, cause watching hair grow is like watching paint dry! lol...it'll happen!

Thanks OP for being a 4a/b inspiration.

I BC'd earlier this year and I am where you are at now in your fist pic so hopefully this time next year I will be giving the same testimony since I ps with wigs and steam DC weekly. Just need to get back on my MT/ JBCO kick :scratchch :yep:

ETA; OP can you pm me that mix also please :grin:

Wow OP, excellent growth. My hair is glazing collarbone length in the back and chin length in some places and I did my bc in October. You're my inspiration.

If you're not doing natural again, have you thought about just stretching your relaxers out for like 6 mos. or even a year. My friend does this and her hair grew pretty good.

Wow OP, excellent growth. My hair is glazing collarbone length in the back and chin length in some places and I did my bc in October. You're my inspiration.

If you're not doing natural again, have you thought about just stretching your relaxers out for like 6 mos. or even a year. My friend does this and her hair grew pretty good.

Thanks so much missy!! :) I have no plans on going natural again cause that's not my ministry...LOL... However, I actually agree that stretching helps! In fact, If u notice from my photo, I stretched from March to August to see what would happen, so that definitely added to the growth I believe...I'm actually stretching again since August for the second time until my birthday in Dec. (yup, I'm back in my wigs) so I'll see what happens again!!! :) All the best on your growth missy!! I'm sure your results will be awesome!!

Ok, so I was kind of nervous about posting my mixture for my hair only because I don't wanna get stoned if it doesn't work for other people like it did for me..JESUS BE A FENCE! lol....anyhoo, here it is ladies, I'll be as clear as possible...

When I make my mixture, I literally just pour in some of each product...I don't ever measure...I literally just pour! I pour in the entire botttle of Jamaican black castor oil, all of the monistat D creme, pour some olive oil, all of the mega-tek bottle, and some mtg because the mtg has ALOT in it's own bottle. I don't think the coconut oil would have made much more of a difference if I didn't use it...so really, I don't think it's necessary to use...I mean, it may cut the smell of the mtg some if you use it, so it's up to you! :) Also, if you wanna see how I wear my hair while I put in my oil mixtures, you can check the thread I started yesterday called "MY NEWEST BEST FRIEND IS ON MY HEAD" and u can see the lace wigs I use to keep my hair protected during all of this.... :)

Ok, so I was kind of nervous about posting my mixture for my hair only because I don't wanna get stoned if it doesn't work for other people like it did for me..JESUS BE A FENCE! lol....anyhoo, here it is ladies, I'll be as clear as possible...

When I make my mixture, I literally just pour in some of each product...I don't ever measure...I literally just pour! I pour in the entire botttle of Jamaican black castor oil, all of the monistat D creme, pour some olive oil, all of the mega-tek bottle, and some mtg because the mtg has ALOT in it's own bottle. I don't think the coconut oil would have made much more of a difference if I didn't use it...so really, I don't think it's necessary to use...I mean, it may cut the smell of the mtg some if you use it, so it's up to you! :) Also, if you wanna see how I wear my hair while I put in my oil mixtures, you can check the thread I started yesterday called "MY NEWEST BEST FRIEND IS ON MY HEAD" and u can see the lace wigs I use to keep my hair protected during all of this.... :)

thank you Ginsana ! you're gonna see me in a few months ! i hope to past APL by DEc. 2010, i think it can be possible now (i'm collarbone length) :p
i woud like to know, as you said you oil your scalp 2/3times a week, how many times in a week do you wash? and also do you DC once or twice weekly ?
TIA

Last edited:
This is wonderful!! Congrats!! You don't have apologize to anybody (except the Natural Nazi's maybe lol) for going relaxed lol. I'm a natural, and I love your hair and the progress.

thank you Ginsana ! you're gonna see me in a few months ! i hope to past APL by DEc. 2011, i think it can be possible now (i'm collarbone length) :p
i woud like to know, as you said you oil your scalp 2/3times a week, how many times in a week do you wash? and also do you DC once or twice weekly ?
TIA

I dunno if I said it before, but I wash my hair once every 2 weeks...I know it sounds gross to some, but I don't care!! ahahahaahaha...I'll be dirty! ahhahahaha....for real though, I wash and deep condition my hair every 2 weeks when I take my hair down...its true!! :) lol....

I dunno if I said it before, but I wash my hair once every 2 weeks...I know it sounds gross to some, but I don't care!! ahahahaahaha...I'll be dirty! ahhahahaha....for real though, I wash and deep condition my hair every 2 weeks when I take my hair down...its true!! :) lol....
maybe i was so excited that i have not readed it with concentration LOL !
but thanks for answer, i also keep my hair in cornrows under my half wig for 2 weeks, but i wash and DC once a week, while my hair still in cornrows.if i try your way i think i will get too much itchies haha !!but thanks for has replied ne ;)

This is wonderful!! Congrats!! You don't have apologize to anybody (except the Natural Nazi's maybe lol) for going relaxed lol. I'm a natural, and I love your hair and the progress.

I totally agree!

Pretty Good? I would say great progress!!! That is why it is great to have pictures. You retained it all this past year!

Lawd! :love: *I don't wanna use no M-T-G*:mad:

Ginsana you did the darn thing, your hair has grown tremendously and looks great!

I am so enjoying your threads today, "Jesus be a fence" HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
I. am. rolling...............

I am excited about the prospect of purchasing a lacefront, i'm so excited...i'll keep ya posted.

Sign me up!! All I need is some mega tek, I have the rest. I wonder if I could do this with a sew in weave, I hate wigs on me.

What wonderful progress you have made, you must be very proud of yourself. With being constant with your products. Well Done and you are a great inspiration to us!

I am so enjoying your threads today, "Jesus be a fence" HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
I. am. rolling...............

I am excited about the prospect of purchasing a lacefront, i'm so excited...i'll keep ya posted.

LOL! Yes missy! I'll be waiting with eyes wide open to see what you get!!

Sign me up!! All I need is some mega tek, I have the rest. I wonder if I could do this with a sew in weave, I hate wigs on me.

I'm sure you can do it with a sew in weave!! I suppose anything that will keep you from having to play up in your hair every three seconds is good enough, right? lol! :)

Lawd! :love: *I don't wanna use no M-T-G*:mad:

Ginsana you did the darn thing, your hair has grown tremendously and looks great!

i think it's okay to use one other sulfur-based product. i've sold my MTG because seriously can not stand for the smell.

:yay::clap::bdance::bdance::bdance:Yr growth is definitely amazing to say the least! I have never seen growth of this caliber since being a member here on this forum and that's been since mid 2008 originally! I have to give you yr KUDO's bc it's for sure due for yr determination and perserverance! I am proud of you as well as happy for you too!

I figure by summer of 2011 you'll be mbl! Keep up the good work and keep growing and retaining the way you have.

I am all natural and just cut 2 inches off of the last of my texlaxed ends so I have a ways to go but I know I won't go back to relax simply bc it eats my hair up no matter which relaxer I may have used.

I think I will try to implement yr regime, but will have to just do the cornrows and forgo the wigs tho. I will keep you posted of my progress too! All I can say is you should be nominated for the best growth record for the yr award here on lhcf!

Super dupper Congrats to you!:woot::woot::bouncegre:Flahsssss:dance7::antlers::bouncy::cowgirl::cup::cup::cup::cup::cup:

Back