Addicted to frequent trimming (no trimming challenge)

PureSilver

I should have joined this challenge last year. I trimmed my ends yesterday .5''. Since going back to a relaxer November 2013 I have cut a total of 6'' or more. I never trimmed my hair when I as natural for 3 years.

Lilmama1011

I should have joined this challenge last year. I trimmed my ends yesterday .5''. Since going back to a relaxer November 2013 I have cut a total of 6'' or more. I never trimmed my hair when I as natural for 3 years.

Its because straight or relaxed just has your ends exposed. That's why I stay doing textured styles, but when I wash, it's a different story

PureSilver

Lilmama1011 I find that I lose a lot more hair when I do curly styles. I think the solution is; once i'm over that style to hit the shower and let the water detangle and kill those curls. Manipulating my hair while curly is a no go and you know what I like those styles.

My hair :love: being straight. I have no issues with straight hair but I REFUSE to flat iron or blowdry every week just to have straight hair. I absolutely refuse.

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 I find that I lose a lot more hair when I do curly styles. I think the solution is; once i'm over that style to hit the shower and let the water detangle and kill those curls. Manipulating my hair while curly is a no go and you know what I like those styles.

My hair :love: being straight. I have no issues with straight hair but I REFUSE to flat iron or blowdry every week just to have straight hair. I absolutely refuse.

PureSilver yeah I get occasional ssk like I'm natural lol. But I take my water, oil and conditioner mixture and spray my roots down because it's makes my new growth easy to detangle, smooth the wetness down my length making my ends damp and making the curls looser as I smooth and spritz some on my length making my ends straighter and detaching from bottom to top before jumping in the shower. I find not detaching before makes the shredded hair wrap around the other hairs causing detaching to be extra long and the knots worst

PureSilver

I need to start experimenting with styles other than a bun, but i'm a pillion and it makes that hard, what to do?

PureSilver

How do I keep these darn ssk away. Its like they've taken residence on my strands, no amount of SND is helping.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm feeling a little iffy about my ends. I think I experienced more growth this month and if so it's from inversion finally and I don't know if that makes my ends look thinner or is it actually thinner from the acv rinse that tangled and matted my hair. I hope it is the first one. I was so close to dusting a bit off but I have two more weeks I can wait for when I relax. I was combing it with conditioner on so it will weigh my new growth down and I was about to snip and I said "no, suppose it looks better after a relaxer"

Yes wait to relax and see. It may make a difference in the way your hair falls so no rash decisions just yet.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How do I keep these darn ssk away. Its like they've taken residence on my strands, no amount of SND is helping.

Have you tried roller sets? They will keep your hair stretched without the heat and for up to a week or two depending on how long or how you style it after that. You can also rollerset for a braidout and that will keep your hair stretched to combat the ssks.

PureSilver

I wash every week so that rollerset will last only 1 week. I may need to invest in some jumbo rollers. I've yet to learn how to roller set using the clips instead of the roller covers. I tend to lose hair with roller sets too. Maybe i'm not gentle enough because I tend to be a lil too rough sometimes.

:pray: teach me to be gentle lord.

Gryphyn

I'd like to join this challenge for at least the next 3 months, until the end of November. I've done several trims/cuts over the spring summer since I BC'd, then removed leftover straight ends, then kept trimming to even it up. My SO is also sick of my trims and there's really no reason for me to do random trim anymore. At the end of the 3 months I hope to do a dusting then try again for 3 more months.

I'm 2 days post right now. In July I was really bad and trimmed like twice a week because I kept finding straight ends. I feel pretty good about waiting 3 months cuz I'm looking forward to the results.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'd like to join this challenge for at least the next 3 months, until the end of November. I've done several trims/cuts over the spring summer since I BC'd, then removed leftover straight ends, then kept trimming to even it up. My SO is also sick of my trims and there's really no reason for me to do random trim anymore. At the end of the 3 months I hope to do a dusting then try again for 3 more months.

I'm 2 days post right now. In July I was really bad and trimmed like twice a week because I kept finding straight ends. I feel pretty good about waiting 3 months cuz I'm looking forward to the results.

Welcome! Thanks for joining us. You will do great on your no trimming adventure. Yes listen to your SO and stay away from the scissors lol.

Gryphyn

Welcome! Thanks for joining us. You will do great on your no trimming adventure. Yes listen to your SO and stay away from the scissors lol.

I've hidden them from myself twice already only to go digging in the back of my closet for them whenever I've found a random straight hair.

I'm 14 months post now but my hair is only 5 inches in the longest areas, and I know my hair grows about a 1/2 inch per month. I can't wait to see my results after 3 months if I make it.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Well I went ahead and dusted or trimmed whatever you want to call it yesterday. My ends looked so horrible it ain't even funny. I was trying my best to wait until December but with my fine hair long waits is a big no no. Think I'm going to dust or trim every 2 months.

Nazaneen

I just trimmed again this week. I felt I had to. This is the 2nd in less than 6 mths for sure. My ends looked like HELL between the humidity and how in poor shape they were. I MUST remember to keep rollersetting because I can avoid heat on my ends. I have to also remember to keep my ends happy with moisture.

Lilmama1011

I just trimmed again this week. I felt I had to. This is the 2nd in less than 6 mths for sure. My ends looked like HELL between the humidity and how in poor shape they were. I MUST remember to keep rollersetting because I can avoid heat on my ends. I have to also remember to keep my ends happy with moisture.

Smh, you better get it once and leave it alone, take off what needs to be taking off and stretch that trim. Nazaneen

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I need to join this. I trim/cut EVERY time I flat iron. It's ridiculous. Look what I did to my hair this last year!

I'm not cutting my hair again until February 2015. I need six months with no scissors. I didn't even realize how much I had cut off. Mmmnph! :(

Attachments

• image-3120533124.jpg
    image-3120533124.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image-3979300106.jpg
    image-3979300106.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 35

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I need to join this. I trim/cut EVERY time I flat iron. It's ridiculous. Look what I did to my hair this last year!

I'm not cutting my hair again until February 2015. I need six months with no scissors. I didn't even realize how much I had cut off. Mmmnph! :(

Oopoh look at that gorgeous hair. Put them scissors away lol.

Lilmama1011

Faith Evans blonde! :lol: I think she had a pale blonde right? That's too much.

I don't think you can dye over henna actually...

Yeah, it crazy you can't dye over it but can relax it and they are both chemicals. I thought about it before my hair was red. But blonde is scary