After 4 Failed Loc Attemps, The Loose Napps Are Back (Lots o' Pics!)

CocoGlow

Ooooh your hair is beautiful! And the wraps - lovely. You're making me wanna go find some more cloth :)

I tried to lock about 1.5 years ago but gave up rather early on and cut them out... maybe one day!

Aww sis..I'm blushing..thanks....your hair is: :love::love3: ..
one day..one day..:rolleyes:

CurleeDST

I liked the backcombed and 2-strand locs the best.

I like thicker locs myself.

:wave:Hey Everyone! I'm Back!

For those that don't know me I've been natural since July '06 and used to post here often and on other hair forums however, I have not been posting here for a while mainly b/c I started my LOC journey a year ago and let's be honest, this site is more suited for loose natural & relaxed/texlaxed divas :look: ....I have been lurking though :grin: ...

I am excited to reveal my newly unleashed loose napps to you all!

I just took down my locs a few weeks ago..they were in for 6 months and prior to this last set I had 3 (yes 3!) other loc attempts within a 1 year time frame (Sisterlocks + Backcombed Locs + Loc Extensions + my last set 2-Strand Twist traditional Locs) ... I also had a 3 yr stint w/ small traditional locs back in college a few years ago!! :rolleyes: ...

Why all this drama w/ locs? you ask :nuts:

Well to put it in a nutshell I guess I'm a perfectionist and I was never truly content with each set...for some sets it took longer to come to the conclusion than others :wallbash:...but I will say my 1st set back in college was the nicest and IF I ever decide to loc again, I will try to replicate them, I'll just be much more knowledgeable about how to care for them ...

How did I take them out? you ask

I used mainly water and some conditioner to take my locs down and I used my FINGERS :blush: .. it took 1 week .. some were more loc'ed & mature than others .. I maintained my locs by interlocing and twisting so I will say that taking down interloced sections were more time consuming (something to think about for those of you who are/plan to interloc) ...

Ok Blah Blah Blah...Where are the pics you promised? you ask LOL!!

Here is a little trip down memory lane ....some pics of my crazy loc journey & my newly unleashed loose napps ENJOY!! (click pics to enlarge):

TEENY TINY SISTERLOCKS (KEPT THEM FOR 7 MONTHS) :nono:

BACKCOMBED LOCS (KEPT THEM FOR 1 WEEK) :nono:

LOC EXTENSIONS (KEPT THEM FOR 24HRS) :blush: :nono:

2-STRAND TWIST TRADITIONAL LOCS (KEPT FOR 6 MONTHS) :nono:

COUNTLESS HEADWRAPS THROUGHOUT THE JOURNEY! :spinning:

NOW: UNLEASHED LOOSE NAPPS ARE BACK IN EFFECT! :yep: :woot:

For more pics and detailed reasons why I've decided to Loc & then UnLoc SOOO many times & all the drama in between check out my photo album + journal listed in my siggy below!!!

CocoGlow

^^
Thanks Sis! I like thicker locs as well...IF I return to locs I would make them just a little smaller than those sets for fullness (I have a small head that's flat in the back (don't laugh!!) :nono: ..

:grin::lachen:

jamaraa

The SLs were very pretty BUT there were waaay too many on my head .. I think I had more than most people and due to the density of my hair it would have been impossible for me to keep up with the maintenance...I actually did not want them that small but hey...

My installation took 40 (yes 40!!) hours over 3 days and my 6-8 week maintenance took 8hrs!!! CRAZY compared to the experience of others w/ SLs .. my consultant was fast too which really tells me there were way too many locs on my head ...she said her other clients were usually in & out within 4-5hrs MAX... the idea of doing my own maintenance made me freak out and I was not going to depend on a consultant forever ... so they had to go...

It took me 3 weeks to take them out .. they were not fully loc'd yet which made it easier but the amount of them drove me crazy...I wanted to just shave my head to get rid of them already but I knew I would regret that something fierce!! so I took my time & wore headwraps throughout the whole 3 weeks until they were all out...

They were cute though huh :rolleyes:

40 hrs for the installation?! smh You could have had a labor and childbirth in the time it took to do your hair :lachen:. Yeah, they were cute while they lasted. Given the technique used to put them in, I'm not surprised it took 3 weeks to get rid of them. You def had too many...you were like in the 600 range from the looks/sounds of it.

CocoGlow

40 hrs for the installation?! smh You could have had a labor and childbirth in the time it took to do your hair :lachen:. Yeah, they were cute while they lasted. Given the technique used to put them in, I'm not surprised it took 3 weeks to get rid of them. You def had too many...you were like in the 600 range from the looks/sounds of it.

LOL!! The things we do for hair...mind you I did not know it would take that long and neither did the consultant .. my strands are not thick but there are so many on my head!!! For most people w/ Sisterlocks I think the average amount are 250-400 ..idk .. I guess given the density of my hair they should have been customized and done larger but then again I doubt I would want to deal w/ 250 locs either had they been done larger :nono: :drunk:

Ya live & ya learn ... too bad I kept learning... & learning... & learning :wallbash: