another 'AYURVEDIC UPDATE' pics inside

:blush:lawd thats a lot of freakin growth in such a short time! what vits are you poppin? i'm thinkin ayurveda but i dont want to use a million different things (money's gettin tight) so what are the minimum must-haves?

Ayurvedic Products are cheap and last a long time:
Amla Powder & Oil
Shikakai Powder & Soap
Vatika (or any coconut oil)

lets say each box of powder is $4: you only need to use a teaspoon of each powder for a rinse: that will last for like 6 months: maybe more.

I was taking Exotic Allure "Fast Grow Hair Vitamins".

Ayurvedic Products are cheap and last a long time:
Amla Powder & Oil
Shikakai Powder & Soap
Vatika (or any coconut oil)

lets say each box of powder is $4: you only need to use a teaspoon of each powder for a rinse: that will last for like 6 months: maybe more.

I was taking Exotic Allure "Fast Grow Hair Vitamins".

i'm takin those now! those pills are the ****!!!!!!:clap:

Ladies: check out http://public.fotki.com/MedMunky/ she achieved amazing results using Ayurvedic: i learned everything from her fotki.

i'm not into the whole powder thing, but do already use coconut oil. i'm thinkin i might get the ayurvedic growth tonic or somethin to use in my reggie, since it'll hace a lil bit of a few things all at once

yes I always use coconut: especially when I deep condition w/ protein

Wow! Really great growth in such a short time.:yep: I am tempted to try it, but I am more lazy than tempted and so there is no need in me even starting doing something like this.:grin: I was done when you had to brew the herbs.:grin: I wish it came pre-packaged and ready to go....then I might try it!.

thats what I plan on doing: but its easier said then done: but hopefully in July: i'll have a manufactured box and individually wrapped ayurvedic bags ready to be brewed or boiled.

Thanks Ladies: i hope I can get the same results for the rest of June & July & August: but i'm pretty sure the more vitamins I take the less effective they'll be cuz then: i'll already have vitamins in my system. But I got my fingers crossed

I wash using Ayurvedics 3x a week:

I wash once a week and co-wash 2x a week = 3 total

Thanks Missi,
This seems simple.. I'll try this for the next 3 months.... until the end of august. We'll see what happens!

Last edited:
Great progress! I think I'm going to start my ayurvedic journey later this month once I get my products. I can't wait to see how it goes.

How much of the Kapi Tone are you /will be using? I used 2tsb with 3 cups of water and it was dry-ing!

Congrats. I'm dealing with see-thru hair and you are an inspiration - wow in such a short time, no less!?!.... This is what I'm praying for...thanks for sharing...i'm off to Indian Grocery tomorrow a.m.! I pray continued success for you...and fyi, your growth rate will NOT slow down. It will continue as long as you take your vitamins...

I'm so ready to start my ayurvedic regimen. I purchased the following to start my regimen.

Henna
Indigo (henna and indigo to color my hair black)
Swastik Shikikai powder and shampoo bar
Brahmi powder
Amla powder
Amla oil
Vatika oil
Bhringaraj Powder

I'll start using my new regimen as soon as I receive the rest of my order, and read up more on things that I should definitely not do with an ayurvedic regimen.

I still love ayurveda and can't wait to henna this weekend. I've been planning to do so for quite some time now. I will also step up by tea rinses as well, particularly now that I am stretching through mid-August. I want to keep my hair strong and well conditioned for the remainder of the stretch.

Your hair is simply gorgeous, Missi! Very healthy and lovely! :worship2::yay:

A few days after I henna, I will be doing the following treatment to make sure that breakage is help to a minimum while I continue my stretch:

For strength for limp/thin/breaking and dry hair...:
  • Slowly heat some Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan
  • Scoop 3 teaspoons of Shikakhai and scoop 2 teaspoons of Amla Power into the heating oil.
  • stirr with a wooden spoon
  • Turn off stove and leave pan to cool for 30 minutes.
  • Pour the mixture into a container
  • Add 2 scoops of hardened coconut oil into the container
  • take 1 tablespoon of red palm butter
  • Now stirr
This can be used as:
  • Pre-poo
  • A Wash-Out deep conditioner
  • Add an egg to create a strengthening treatment
  • Take away shikakhai and add 2 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin to make an oil moisturizer

Fantastic progress!!! Isn't Ayurveda great?

I wish you continued success:yep: .

We have very similar regimens and I Love the results I am having.

Back