Anyone grow BSL or longer by wearing a wig?

Have you seen results with wearing a wig?

• Yes - it worked/is working and my own hair is growing much more!

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • No - I tried using a wig as a protective and it didn't work.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Maybe - still in the process of trying.

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • I don't think it works well for growing hair.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • N/A - I haven't tried using a wig as a protective style.

Votes: 41 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreenD

I've been wearing wigs for the last year since I chopped and I retain every bit of hair I grow. I don't plan on stop wearing it until I get to WL or until I can't get my hair to fit under it anymore, which ever comes first.

lilsparkle825

look up chavascandy, she did it too. i couldn't hang -- i need something that i can't remove every night/weekend, because that makes me wanna get lazy and just WNG.

chocolat79

I'm currently wearing a wig for growth. It's sooo easy for me because I use a mesh wig cap, take my wig off as soon as I get home and am able to moisturize, co-wash, whatever I need to do to keep it healthy. I have it cornrowed straight back and get them re-done every month. When I took them down after the first month, I BARELY had any shedding, I mean it was miniscule, so I KNOW I'm definitely retaining. Also, my stylist (DSD), when she combed my hair, NO hair in the comb! :yay: I'm gonna keep wigging it up

BTW, never had any problems with my edges

pureebony

ok im convinced!!! im in the uk and i have not seen one place that does good decent quality wigs, i attempted to make my own but i ended up making it too small to fit my head..... dont ask lol

i am in a weave but i find its too much hassle getting to my scalp and moisturizing my hair properly.

also i have this thing about a wig being secure on my scalp, are there any methods that can enable wigs to be extremly secure on you head?

im looking for good venders that dustribute to the uk or in the uk at a good price!

or any tutorials on how to make my own wig without glue... i get worried the tracks will fall out.... lol

thanks ladies!!! xxx

Foufie

i am in the 2010 wig challenge and my first month (March) really helped me retain my whole inch or so...but I had a detangling set back so I am back at hoping for the same results. I think I wanna wear a wig at least till the end of the year.To see where I can get

kblc06

I retained what's in my siggy by wearing wigs since the end of December til now. I've also had about 2-2.5 inch trimmed from my hair since October (2 trims total)

Anew

I did as a relaxed head and now that I'm natural I'm doing it. I do like braids and twists with extensions, I just always miss my hair. With the wig I can take it off and be free

It took me from SL to APL in less than a year. I had never been APL as an adult. Currently I have a TWA. I plan to wear wigs for a year to see where I am this time next year. Like everyone else I cornrow underneath, take the wig off soon as I get home and I plan on cowashing 2 times a week and DC once weekly, maybe. If anything DC once weekly cowash once weekly.

tdc1978

I've been wearing wigs for a little while now and they have really helped with retention. I wear my hair braided underneath, sometimes I wear a stocking cap and sometimes I don't.

ladysaraii

This thread inspired me to pick out a few new wigs. Hair sisters was having a sale, plus I have a coupon w/ them so I got some to try

MizzBrit

im not quite bsl but i am a little longer than apl..started wearing wigs faithfully when i was abotu 2 inches away from apl..i love them

tri3nity

Didn't get the wig when I intended to. Me and a coworker are going this weekend to shop for a couple and I plan on stretching for 12 weeks at a time and deep conditioning once a week and see how it goes! I did it before and kept my hair braided underneath. No problems with edges. Was recovering from a bad cut that a stylist said was "my fault" because I wasn't "clear". Wasn't doing it for growth, although I retained good. I was just hiding that horrible hairdo!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I'm doing it now! I braid the hair underneath, but I am still tweaking my "wig reggie" so we'll see how it goes. Low-mani works really good for me, and the wig I have now is so pretty and natural looking.

Geminigirl

Haven't finished the thread, but I really want a wig. I have been itching for some swang with a side bang that swoops. I can't wait to get one.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Geminigirl

Ok all done. I made me a wig before but I don't think I'm gonna try that again, unless I get some quality hair.

IMFOCSD

Ok all done. I made me a wig before but I don't think I'm gonna try that again, unless I get some quality hair.

I like making wigs too, its just so time consuming...but you get what you want and its cheaper. I only use curly/wavy hair when making wigs though.

LadyEuphoria007

I've just started wearing them as a protective style this week. I just don't look good in twists and I hadn't found a protective style that looks good on me.

My issue is wearing a super short one and then a bob the next day. I love this short wig though... I've not tried a lace front yet.

Imani

I've been wearing homemade half wigs. And have had excellent results thus far-from above nape length to SL in a year. I will keep up with what I am doing and hope to make APL by the end of year.

I cannot cornrow, so my hair is just in plaits. I just sew the hair on a mesh cap. I only wear it when I leave the house, soon as I get home I take it off.