Anyone up for a Regrow your Hairline Challenge? LOL

Whimsy

I'm so depressed about my hairline it's not even funny.
I'm transitioning back to natural and am noticing how sparse the hair in the front of my head/temples is. It's so sad.

I plan to moisturize this area daily, and never pull my hair taught, and hopefully massage the area (when i can remember)

Anyone else on a regrow your hairline quest?!

I HATE TRACTION ALOPECIA!:wallbash:

Guapa1

I'm growing mine out slowly too by using castor oil on the area. If you doo a search I think it's trimbride who has a thread about this and her results in using castor oil to regrow her hairline.

wheezy807

I wanna regrow my hairline back, too. The right side is the worst! I'm just moisturizing it daily. But massages sound good, i wonder what would be a good stimulating mixture of essential oils? Whimsy, what is your method of transitioning?

trini_rican

Hi I'm a newbie. I wear a wig as a protective style now and it's really affected my hairline. I'd love to jump on this challenge. Is there a routine or regimine that'll be required?

HERicane10

I have successfully used Africa's Best Hair Fertilizer (spiked with peppermint e.o.) I'll try to post pics soon. :yep:

HERicane10

Hi I'm a newbie. I wear a wig as a protective style now and it's really affected my hairline. I'd love to jump on this challenge. Is there a routine or regimine that'll be required?

trini, arte you wearing full cap wigs or quick weaves? I often wear my black satin night cap under my wig to protect my edges and nape. :look:

shortt29

I'm in!!! My edges and hairline are a mess!:sad: I actually have a self made bang in the front:perplexed
Are we gonna have any rules to this challenge? When do we start, when do we end?
Currently I wash 1x week at the salon on Saturdays...I prepoo at home before I go, slap on a plastic cap for a few hours and then head to the salon. I get a deep conditioner with every wash. I am currently 11 weeks post and will be relaxing my n/g on November 2nd or 3rd. I want to start using MN on my edges but I will wait until I relax my hair first.

Let's grow ladies!!!:grouphug:

shortt29

"i wonder what would be a good stimulating mixture of essential oils"
Wheezy I have been using Rosemary oil massaged into my temples before my stylist rolls my hair and I do it once or twice a week myself.

secretrose

I wanna join too. My edges haven't fully grown back since some damaging braids a few yrs back.:wallbash:

Im currently using mango butter and castor oil. I am seeing some results.:yawn:

poetist

Im in too. I pretty much regrew the left side with rosemary and peppermint EO's and ORS, but the right siding is fighting me. Aaaaghhhhh. It's so frustrating, :wallbash: but I'm gonna keep praying about it

JustKiya

I'm SO in - I've been trying to regrow my hairline for about months now - it's getting better, but I swear, I was tempted to go all MN on it for a minute.... :lachen: I figure mine is sparse from the years of tiny dreads - I REMEMBER pulling some off/out because the hair around my hairline was too fine to support it (what the HELL was I thinking?????? :nono: :wallbash:)

Should we have starting pictures? And then update every month? How long will this challenge run?

sxyhairfetish

I am gonna join this too. My hairline has disappeared at the temples due to microbraids when I was 16. Been suffering ever since. I had my hairline fill in at one point when I stretched my relaxers, but I made the mistake of putting the relaxer on my hairline first and it literally dissolved the hair that grew back. :wallbash: Sucks... but I want to grow my hairline back sooooo bad so, Im in.

missty1029

I just started with sulfur 8 to help with my thin edges so I would be down. I was thinking to take some pictures because I think its growing already!!! hey the power of the mind right??? especially with the help of not pulling my hair super tight anymore.

How about we just pick a time frame, post starting pics and then have updates with what we are using and how its working.

rak1209

Don't leave me out I want to join also, I been trying to recapture my hair line from bad braids experience for a couple of years now.

tazzydennis

Oh yeah!!! I've got to get in on this!!!! My edges were destroyed approximately 32 yrs. ago. They looked pretty good when I had a jheri curl; but, when I abandoned the curl; it's like I abandoned my edges as well.

I've been babying them with castor oil and peppermint oil; along with giving them a daily massage; but, I'm ready to step it up!!!

missty1029

Okay so I updated my fokti with pics of my edges. Im using Sulfur 8 once a day Since I hate the smell. I think Im going to trying to find some peppermint oil to put in there.
Ill check in a month to see if its getting better. Im going to also make sure I dont pull me hair tight and keep it moisturized.
If I get the peppermint oil and it smells better Ill go to twice a day.
Good luck everyone!!!!

Dag I need to stop brushing to but its hard to tame this hair back with out it! And Im in the Bun challenge! Any suggestions????

Last edited:

missnurselady

Im in!!! I lost my edges to a set of double strands a couple of months back. I have been using MN and Supergro on them daily. I think they are growing back but due to the fact that I apply hydrogen peroxide to my face (every morning and at night )they have turned blonde which makes them look even worse:perplexed

Whimsy

WOW!! I didn't know I'd get so many responses.
Let's make it informal.
Everyone post your personal routine and each month we'll post update photos in our albums.
Be sure to post your starting point photos up too.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm in...my hairline is horrible :sad: I've been babying it for months and nothing seems to be changing. I have some starter pics from when I first started trying to grow my edges back...I'll take a second set of pics. :ohwell: I haven't put them in my fotki because I'm just too embarrassed. :nono: :blush:

*KP*

I'm definitely up for it.

I joined last years thread a few days ago but I guess no one else spotted it.

I am using ORS fertilizing temple balm. I should be using it twice a day but I tend to forget :nono:

I'll take a starting pic and step up my game