Anyone up for a "Use up your stash in 2010" challenge?

Vintageglam

I have loads of hair products. My collection if PJism at its finest. I had planned to give away a whole load of this stuff this weekend at the London meet up but was stuck in France over the weekend so didn't make it.:eek:h well:

Anyway I have all this stuff to use and seeing as I am doing the Weave it up challenge in 2010 have decided to see how much of it I can use as part of the challenge. I plan to get a "few" more supplies which I know I will need and then only to limit myself to "1 essential product purchase a month from January 2010 to June 2010". During this time I also plan to give myself 2 "passes" for ABSOLUTE emergencies.... (i.e. run out of shampoo bc it split and broke etc). I plan on using the money I save to invest in a Full size steamer from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250530452602&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I figure that because my hair is all weaved up that this is a good time to use all this stuff up especially given that most of it is Very high quality.

Anyway I plan on deciding what I absolutely can use tonight and then giving what I can't away to my local hairdressers etc.

So if anyone is up for this challenge let me know so we can set up some rules and get started !!!:grin:

Ltown

Greyland
I'm in, can't seem to stop buying thing either! Here is a start of my stash at least 3-5 of each
Conditioners
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein
Silicon Mix Conditioner
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein
Giovanni smooth as silk
Elasta DRP
Giovanni Reconstructor
Biosilk smoothing
Aphogee reconstructor
Aphogee 2 min
Sunsilk hyrda
Mill Creek biotin
Healthy sexy hair
aussie conditioner
Aussie 3min
Yes to carrot mask
Yes to carrot conditioner
Herbal essense
Hair one

Leave ins
Giovanni Direct leave in
Cantu shea leave in
Infusion
healthy Sexy
Neutrgena leave in
Rusk calm

Shampoo

VO 5 strawsberry and cream
VO 5 tea therapy
VO 5 clarify
VO 5 Herbal escape
Nature Made
Healthy sexy hair Pumpkin

Ayurveda
Amla
Hibiscus
Brahmi
Fenugreek
Maka
Shikaki

Essential oils

Peppermint
Rosemary
Thyme
Spearmint
Tea tree
Lemon grass
lemon
lavendar
cedarwood

Moisturizer Oil
Afroveda Skikaki elixir
Afroveda Hibiscus
Afroveda Sunsilk
Afroved Priti
Vatika oil
Hairveda vatika
carrot creme
jojoba
almond
avocado
grapeseed oil
shea butter
camelina oil
Cantu strenthening
Hawaiian silky 14-1
Elasta Recovery
Coconut oil
JBCO

Custard
Afroveda totally twisted
Afroveda Curly custard
Cocolatte mask
Qhemet burdock root
Qhemet Amla heavy
hairveda whip custard

Gel
Fantancia IC serum
Fantancia IC gel
Twist and lock

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Here is the link to my products page in my Fotki:

Here is my list of shame in any case:

EDIT : Used up (& SOLD/ Returned) Products !!! :yay:
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - USED UP (17/12/09) !!!
Klorane detangling conditioner - gave to DH to use (19/12/09) !!!
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (Threw away as product spoiled & nearly damaged my hair 4/01/10) :flush:
ORS Olive Oil Aloe Shampoo - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
ORS Mayonnaise - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
ORS Replenishing Conditioner - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor - SOLD on eBay (13/01/10)
Nexxus Headress Leave In - SOLD on eBay (13/01/10)
Nexxus Emergencee - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (I prefer the Aphogee 2 step) (13/01/10)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango Cholesterol Treatment - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
Lustrasilk Jojoba & Placenta - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
Queen Helene Cholesterol Treatment - took back to the shop and got my money back ! (13/01/10)
Babyliss Flat Iron - Pissed at how crap this Flat Iron was (I paid 45 GBP reduced from 90 GBP). It was so crap and nearly ruined my weave hair (along with the Affirm 5 in 1 treatment) I had to get my money back. (12/01/10)
Phyto Nectar Hair Oil Treatment (used up ) (SOLD on eBAY 17/01/10)
Federic Fekai Protein RX (SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Phytospecific Relaxer – Index 1 (BNIB - SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Mizani Butter Blends Relaxers (x2) BNIB - SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Mizani Rose H20 (18/01/10) (SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Mizani Coconut Souffle (18/01/10) (SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Joico K-Pak Smoothing Balm - 1 Tube (SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Joico K-Pak Conditioner (18/01/10) (SOLD on eBAY 18/01/10)
Joico K-Pak Shampoo (SOLD on eBAY (18/01/10))
Elasta QP DPR-11+ - (SOLD ON eBAY (18/01/10)
CON Shampoo (Green label) – SOLD 1 bottle on eBAY (18/01/10)
Infusium 23 - Threw away as it started to smell rancid/ I think this is a few years old (21/01/10)
Elasta QP DPR - (SOLD ON eBAY (26/01/10)
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle - Used up 07/01/10
Mizani Moisturefuse - (USED UP 23/02/10)
Motions CPR - (used up 01/03/10)
Jingles Intensive Salon Treatment (x2) - (Gave away as I will never use – LONG STORY)
Joico K-Pak Smoothing Balm – (gave away did not like this product)
John Freida Serum (sold on ebay Jan 2010)
Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment 23/03/10
Roux Porosity Control - Giving away to fellow LHCF'er

Shampoos
Nexxus Aloe Rid (for swimming only)
Nexxus Therappe
Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo
Philip Kingsley Shampoo
CON Shampoo - Green label – (1/4 bottle left – very bored of this shampoo :perplexed: )

Conditioners

Joico K-PAK Reconstructor (exchanged product)
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioning Balm :)love: this exchanged product)
Matrix Biolage Cera Repair treatment vials & tubes (1 out of 10 tubes left - need to get some more)
Mizani Fulfyl
Mizani Hydrafuse
Mizani Kerafuse
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
Philip Kingsley Conditioner (will use for co-washing)
Tresemme Repair - Reconstructing Deep Conditioning Treatment (will dilute down and use for co-washes)

Hair Moisturisers

Mizani H20 Intense (a few drops left :sad: Love this stuff)
Elasta QP Mango Butter

Leave Ins

NTM Leave In
Keracare Leave in Conditioner (25% full 4 oz bottle thank the Lawd)

Styling Products & Treatments
John Freida heat protectant spray
Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray
Joico Serum
Fudge Hair Gloss
Phyto-specific Leave in spray
Rene Furturer RF80 Growth treatment serum vials (x6)
ORS Natural shine spray
ORS Scalp Scrub (use after weave takedown)

February Monthly Pass

Nioxin Follicle Booster Kit

February Purchases :spank:

Giovanni SAS shampoo
Giovanni SAS Conditioner
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
Alba Botanica Leave In
Home Health Castor Oil
Mega Tek sample

Last edited:

Vintageglam

USE UP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2010
(January 1 2010 - March 31 2010 for 1st session)
(April 1 2010 - June 30 2010 for 2nd session)​

Challenge Update: 12.15.09:
Sign Up for the CHALLENGE ENDS January 1, 2010. I'm having a cut off mark in order to keep the thread accountable and help me keep track of all participants.

The Rules:

1. Participants are allowed 1 (Yes ladies 1 product purchase per month). So you see its not that Bad !!!

2. Participants will also get 2 x "Emergency" Free passes (notice the emphasis on the word emergency) to replenish i.e. stock spilled in an accident etc.

3. The idea is to decrease your stash not increase it. You are free to swap, sell and give away products to your hearts content as long as the stash is "decreasing". Remember you can also raid your kitchen for supplies. The idea is to be reasonable so be as creative as you like in how you use up your stash. You are also not bound to use products which clearly are not working for you. The aim is to be reasonable and realise that we do not need to buy so much stuff but rather be more disciplined with our reggies and learn to establish our staples by actually using the stuff instead of continually buying more !!!

4. You have until the 1st of January to make any VITAL purchases that you know you will be needing in advance. However be reasonable here otherwise you will be defeating the purpose ...

5. Ladies, please reserve a "place holder" and list and post a starting pic of your stash by the 7th of January 2010. You can then update this "place holder" as we go along with details of what you have used, sold, exchanged and given away. The aim of this challenge is to actually give your hair a chance to find out what it likes by encouraging stability of product use and held curb our PJism at the same time !!!

6. Also please check in every 2 weeks to let us all know how it is going and to get support so you do not fall off the challenge. I will not be chasing, this challenge will be about supporting each other and learning personal accountability !!!

7. This challenge will be split into 2 sessions (Jan to March and April to June). You can therefore join as many sessions as you wish. I have split this up into 2 sessions as the idea is not to make it so difficult that people will give up. This way it is more manageable. The idea is to encourage better spending habits and realise that product purchases is only half the answer in a healthy hair journey. The other half is discipline in our reggies !!!

Paste the following info if you’re up for the challenge

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

2. A list of the products you hope to be using up in your stash? Categorize by:
- Shampoos
- Conditioners
- Leave Ins
- Mosturisers
- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
- Styling products
- Etc

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Be honest now...)

4. What "ESSENTIAL" products you will be buying before "lock down" and why you need them?

5. How many sessions you are joining the challenge for (go slow ladies and be realistic)?

Current Participants in this Challenge are (1 Jan 2010 to 31 March 2010):
:gorgeous: ltown
:gorgeous: Stellagirl76
:gorgeous: Dommo
:gorgeous: Jenn22588
:gorgeous: Esq.2B
:gorgeous: 20Something
:gorgeous: Ronnieaj
:gorgeous: Sheryls Tresses
:gorgeous: Mzzmac
:gorgeous: Esi
:gorgeous: Kasey
:gorgeous: B_Phlyy
:gorgeous: ParagonTresses
:gorgeous: Loulou
:gorgeous: temfash
:gorgeous: Kay. Dee
:gorgeous: ms_b_haven06
:gorgeous: PJaye
:gorgeous: Toyagurl
:gorgeous: Miss AJ
:gorgeous: Mslittlelala
:gorgeous: Chaosbutterfly
:gorgeous: naturalpride
:gorgeous: Kasey
:gorgeous: Sonia1965
:gorgeous: Kiffany
:gorgeous: Morehairplease
:gorgeous: ljbee
:gorgeous: mocha.li
:gorgeous: ParagonTresses
:gorgeous:

Last edited:

Jenn22588

I would love to join this challenge but there are so many things i still want to try. Also I how to i figure out what my staples will be once everything is used up without buying a bunch more products? I know what I like for co-washes but for shampoo, leave-ins and styling products I don't have staples yet.

naturalpride

I'm in this challenge for both sessions, my only problem is continuing to purchase. As I use products I will change the font to Red.

Current List of Product

Deep Conditioners
Creme of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Nexxus Emergencee
Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment with Garlic
Matrix BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 Treatment
NTM Deep Recovery Mask
NTM Pure Strength Conditioner Treatment
Roux Porosity Control
LeKair Cholesterol Plus

Co-Wash
HE Hello Hydration
HE LTR
HE Break's Over
Nature's Gate
VO5

Shampoo's
JASONS Organic Jojoba
JASONS Organic Apricot

Leave In-Conditioners/Moisturizers
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In
Elasta QP H-Two Leave-In

Last edited:

Vintageglam

I would love to join this challenge but there are so many things i still want to try. Also I how to i figure out what my staples will be once everything is used up without buying a bunch more products? I know what I like for co-washes but for shampoo, leave-ins and styling products I don't have staples yet.

How about you join and then see how it goes - you are still allowed to buy 1 item a month and will still have two passes ???

Think about it you can invest in quality rather than quanity....

Esq.2B

I'm IN! I've accumulated waaaaaaaay too much stuff. It'll be 2 years before I use my entire stash.

Shampoos
CON green (multiple)
CON red
Redken Real Control
Redken Smooth Down (might sell this though)
Breakthru poo
ABBA moisture scentsations (multiple)
Joico K-pak
(also have a couple of neutralizing poos, a clarifying, and a chelating)

Conditioners
Alterna Hemp Hydrate (multiple)
Alterna Hemp Repair
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator
CON Nourishing Conditioner
ORS Replenishing (multiple bottles)
Traybell Jojoba Oil Nutritive Mask
Vigorance Capillary Mask
Aphoghee 2 minute
Fantasia IC Super Reconstructor
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment
Various left over Cholesterol jars
2 Packets of Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating conditioner (moisture)
Jar of Pantene Breakage Defense Mask
Redken Real Control
Redken Smooth Down

I have a reasonable amount of leave-ins, oils, moisturizers, and setting lotions. I'm not a rush to use those up but the shampoos and conditioners are getting out of hand now.

Last edited:

30something

I'm in.

I have:

Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple
Hair one Finished:woot:
Ion Clarifying Shampoo
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo

Conditioners
Herbal Essences Long Term relationship 23.7 OZ
Vo5 Finished:woot:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk (A Gallon + 8.5 oz bottle)sold!
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment (1 & 2/10th a bottle)
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor Finished:woot: 2/17/10
aphogee two step protein treatment Finished 3/30/10
Silicon Mix Finished:woot:
Nexxus Humectress 5 oz. (3/5) (New Formula) Finished:woot:
Nexxus Humectress 16 oz. (Old formula)
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying 16 oz.
Aussie Moist (1 Liter (3/5)) (I'll never finish this :nono:) Tossed! (It really hates my hair)
Nexxus Emergencee 3.3 oz
CHI Infra Treatment Thermal Protective Treatment

Leave in
Giovanni Direct Leave in sold!
Herbal Essences Long term relationship Leave in Finished
Chi Keratin Mist
ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
NTM Silk Touch Leave in
Lacio Lacio

Hair Oils
Argan Oil
JBCO Finished:woot:
Proclaim 7 oil

Other stuff
Chi Shine Infusion
Chi Straight guard
Chi Silk Infusion
GVP Silk Remedy
Garnier fructis Mouse
Nexxus Heat protect

My stash as of 1/23/10
1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? The buying is getting ridiculous, I have good quality products and I know what works for me already so I can stop now! If I don't give my self a reason to stop there will be no end.

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Be honest now...) Ok... I moved back home and my stash is EVERYWHERE. Also I don't have a camera, just a webcam from my lap top. I took a picture of my stash for another post about showing your stash. That picture is from like a few weeks ago, I think I'll use that. I only gotten a few things since then.

4. What "ESSENTIAL" products you will be buying before "lock down" and why you need them? Chi Infra Treatment, to protect/support my hair while I using heat. (bought, and thats it)

5. How many sessions you are joining the challenge for (go slow ladies and be realistic)?
First sessions

Here the stash Minus Chi Silk infusion, Nexxus Humectress 16 oz, HE Long term relationship conditioner, Chi Infra treatment, Nexxus Emergencee and Aussie Moist (1 liter)

Last edited:

Ronnieaj

I'm in, but I AM NOT listing what I have. Heck no!!!! Suffice it to say that I have over 50 conditioners...:look:.

I've been steadily working through my stash anyway, but this may be the boost I need to not relapse, which is my greatest enemy. I'll be fine for months and then go on a binge. I think the one purchase per month will help alleviate that. :yep:

SherylsTresses

List of shame OR to my sisters:

• Joico K-Pak line
  • KeraCare line
  • Aubrey Organics line
  • Nexxus Phyto Organics line
  • ....and far too many odds and ends :look:

La Colocha

I would like to know the rules, im doing another use 1 buy 1 next year but for my personal financial goals this would be a good challenge for me. Im also wanting to shrink my stash.

Mzz Mac

I'm in.
Not cuz I want to be but because I need to be!
I won't list my stash because it is too much and I am still waiting on some products from black friday to arrive (hairveda, afroveda, etc...)

ETA: I will have to take pics of my stash and list everything I have once I get a chance. For now I am buying all I can before 1/1/10

Last edited:

Vintageglam

I would like to know the rules, im doing another use 1 buy 1 next year but for my personal financial goals this would be a good challenge for me. Im also wanting to shrink my stash.

Hey there La Colocha - I am just trying to ascertain how many peeps are interested first but the generalish rules are in the first post:

- Only one purchase allowed a month from Jan - June 2010
- 2 Free passes for emergencies
- I also forgot to add that you can re-stock on something essential when it finishes and there is nothing else comparable that you can use (i.e. you can buy more shampoo if you have no other shampoo) if you get what I mean.

Ladies please feel free to add suggestions?

I was planning to get everyone to reserve a "place holder" to list their stuff and take a starting PIC of shame. Then all you need to to is re-visit you place holder and cross things off or say that they are finished etc etc.

Pics and updates will then be provided on a monthly basis but feel free to check in on a weekly basis when you are getting the "purchase itch".

Look forward to more people joining !!!:grin:

La Colocha

Thanks stella, sorry for so many questions but when is the last day that you can join? Im going to think about it and ill come back before the date.:yep: Thank you again.

Esi

I was looking to join one of these challenges so thanks for starting it! Anyway, I'm in and I'll come back and list my products and maybe even pics of my stash!

kasey

Hi. I also would like to use down some product. I think I want to do it by product families. Here's my tentative schedule for product use for the next nine months.

Winter 2009
Ayurveda hair care products
Carrier Oils/Essential Oils
Scalp treatments/Clays
no cone leave-in creams
no cone moisturizing conditioners

Spring 2010
Clarifying shampoos
VO5/Suave Conditioners for CW
Reconstructors/cone conditioners

Summer 2010
Extension hair for CG method
Assorted spray-bottle hair care moisturizers
Clarifying Shampoos/VO5/Suave Conditioners

I'll probably always have a product stash, but if I follow this schedule by Fall 2010 I'll be left with one storage cart of mostly natural hair care products, plus the bag of AO in my refrigerator. Hopefully, I'll have a gang of growth on which to use these products.

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Thanks stella, sorry for so many questions but when is the last day that you can join? Im going to think about it and ill come back before the date.:yep: Thank you again.

How about we set up the start up date for the 1st Jan that way you have 2 weeks amnesty now to buy your heart out and take advantage of all those sales and come to terms with the no buy policy from Jan ?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'll bite.

My main thing is getting rid of conditioners. I already have my shampoos down pat (I rotate 3 of them), and it'll be easy to get rid of moisturizers/leave ins. But I need summer to get here so I can co wash and DC like it's going out of style to get rid of my conditioners.

loulou82

I'm in. I didn't plan to make any product purchases for 2010. I used up a lot of products in 2009 but still have too much.

Shampoos

Elucence MB Shampoo (1L)
Elucence MB Shampoo (8 oz)
Nexxus Aloe Ride Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioners

HE HH (3 bottles)
Elucence MB Conditioner (1L)
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
Infusium 23 Moisturologie Conditioner (2 bottles)

Deep Conditioners

Jessicurl WDT
Elasta QP Fortifying Conditioner
Lustersilk
ORS Replenishing Paks
Aubrey Organics Island Natural Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Conditioner

Leave In Conditioner

Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Lacio Lacio
HE LTR

Moisturizers

Shescentit Jojoba Cream
Qhemet Biologics AOHC
Qhemet Biologics BRC
Qhemet Biologics Coco Tree Ghee

Oils

Coconut Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Grapefruit Oil
Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil (2 bottles)
Glycerin

Gels

Aloe Vera Gel
KCCC
Noodlehead Styling Cream
IC Fantasia Gel

Heat Styling

CHI Shampoo
CHI Conditioner
CHI Iron Guard
CHI Silk Infusion
Redken Smooth Glide
Motions Heat Seeker Protectant
BTZ Straight Shot Serum

Vintageglam

Okay Ladies this is now becoming an official Challenge so I have updated the "rules" so to speak today.....!!!

Everyone whom has confirmed to this point has been added !

I have added the rules to the third post of this thread (I think).

Also does anyone know how to change the title of a thread as I want to make it sound more definate.

TIA !

Last edited: