Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010 Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice & Wavy

Count me in!!!:grin::grin::grin:

I have already started CW once a week, since its still cool outside. I usually CW with AO White Camilla Ultra Smoothing Conditioner. I spray my hair throughout the week with Mane N' Tail Detangler and use a little Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and seal with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade:love3: My hair stays moist and lovely. I braid my hair in two braids every night and sleep with a satin scarf. I only comb my hair when I CW...throughout the week I use my fingers to smooth my hair. Comes out so nice.

Also, I've been only bunning my hair.

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm in...co-washing 2x a week right now and my transitioning hair is loving it. :grin: I use Suave tropical coconut and GVP cond. balm.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm in. I will probably be co washing at night since I can turn up the heat in my house when I get out the shower (because walking outside with wet her in mid-March Chicago weather is not the business). I will probably switch to morning washing when it gets warmer.

NappyDesma

I'm currently deployed, and I love co-washing!!! I only co-wash once a week. Is co- washing more frequently better? Healthier? Makes your hair grow faster? It's real dry out here, so if co-washing more than once a week is better, please let me know girlfriends!!!!

motherpopcorn562

Did my first co-wash this morn. I used Trader Joes Tee Tree Tingle and finally got my hair to lay down for a bun:D . I will be cowashing 2x a week.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I want to give it a try! Afraid I won't be able to keep my hair neat for work, though!
You can lay down you edges by using a scarf for 15 or so minutes.

I'm currently deployed, and I love co-washing!!! I only co-wash once a week. Is co- washing more frequently better? Healthier? Makes your hair grow faster? It's real dry out here, so if co-washing more than once a week is better, please let me know girlfriends!!!!

My hair thrives from cowashing. My hair feels soft, moisturized, and is shiny. The more I do it the better.

joy2day

Hi Shay, I'm in too... been co-washing once a week lately... this is a relatively new concept for me, but it seems that my hair really likes it! I'm using VO5 or Suave during the warmer months.

Prinncipality

I'm in! Sign me up. Last week I began cowashing for the first time since summer ended and I can feel the addiction creeping back. This is just what I need. LOL.

ajoke

I'm in!!!!

I first discovered that the wonders of cowashing were not just some sort of myth when we travelled to Africa in December. It was soooo hot, so I cowashed my baby's hair every other day with Aubery Organics HSR- she has a LOT of hair!!!!!When we got back her hair felt sooooo good. Then I stopped because it was winter here and immediately felt less nice. I was shocked. She has hair in the 2s and 3s. For my 4a hair, co washing does wonders too, although I have only ever tried 2x a week, since my hair is so short after my BC that I've been mostly in protective styles. I just discovered the wonders of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration :)

Platinum

I'm ready for this challenge! I cowash almost everyday in the Spring and Summer. Now that I'm almost 11 months post and in the APL, I think cowashing will really help with my growth and retention.:yep:

Black Hoya Chick

i'm in. summer/spring i get cowash fever! lol. by the time the summer hits I have been known to cowash daily. i am currently using garnier triple nutrition conditioner. so far my hair loves it. its thick and thin enough at the same time.

i don't know if its necessary but here is my starting length (taken yesterday):

spring is almost here!!!!

chocolat79

I really enjoyed this challenge last year and I'm addicted to cowashing so I decided to start the challenge this year. This is the sign up thread and a new thread will be started when the challenge officially begins.

WHAT: Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010
WHEN: March 20, 2010-September 21, 2010

RULES:
Cowash at least 1x/weekly
Report what you used and how you hair responds

I'm definitely in!

Status
Not open for further replies.