Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010 Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Im in! I love cowashing. I'll be alternating between suave humectant, mane and tail, and maybe herbal essences hello hydration.

ms.blue

I'm going to sign up. This would be my first challenge and since I'm planning to back to the gym & there would a increase of field work which consist of going into the woods a lot, I know I'm going to be sweating a lot. I tend sweat through my head a lot which I can't stand. So think I would co-wash once a week in the spring & twice a week in the summer.

Mom23

Please count me in...I co-wash daily anyway. :grin: Hopefully I can get some great growth for my twa.

Summer79

I'm so in! Loved this last spring/summer! Been waiting for warmer weather to jump start co-washing more often again and I think it's on its way! BRING ON THE CONDITIONER!!!!!!

motherpopcorn562

I've cowashed 3 times so far...love the results ...but I've been seeing a lot of breakage... I think its at the line of demarcation. What can I do to stop this?

ckisland

OP. I'm soooo glad you started this challenge. I was leaning towards starting one on my own or just doing a personal cowashing challenge. My hair needs to be cowashed multiple times a week. It's just not the same without it. Not only does my hair get tempermental if I go longer than 3 days between, but my retention is nothing compared to when I cowash daily. During my first year I did a 30 day daily cowashing challenge and I got an inch to 1.25 in. that month. Doing all of these braid/twists and braid/twistouts have left me with retaining only 4-5in last year!

My goal is to cowash everyday until May 14th when I have my official length check. Hopefully this and bunning will get me to BSL by then (I'm so close). My goal is to retain 3/4in per month (my growth rate during my first year when all I did was wng).

Regimen:
Cowash once a day
Bun, leaving condish in hair and sealing with hair butter
detangling once a week with paddle brush
Products:SheScentIt
condishes: SS Honey Conditioning Rinse :lick:, Avocado condish, Green tea and Hibsicus condish
butters: Seyani :lick: and Gillian's tearless

ms.blue

Dumb question- I have a liter of Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner, could I use that to co-wash? Do I alternated b/w a moisture & light protein. I only co-wash a couple of times last summer & my hair & scalp always felt coated and not clean so I stopped but I wanna try it.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've cowashed 3 times so far...love the results ...but I've been seeing a lot of breakage... I think its at the line of demarcation. What can I do to stop this?
Are you alternating your cowashes meaning using moisture condish, then using a protein conditioner? Also you can use a balancing conditioner. It could also just be too much manipulation for your hair. You have to figure out what works for you.

Dumb question- I have a liter of Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner, could I use that to co-wash? Do I alternated b/w a moisture & light protein. I only co-wash a couple of times last summer & my hair & scalp always felt coated and not clean so I stopped but I wanna try it.
Yes, you can cowash with Giovanni SAS. Yes, alternate. You need to maintain that moisture/protein balance.

When the challenge officially begins I will have people list their cowash conditioners so everyone can see the options out there for moisture and protein.

bemajor

I'm in! I'll cowash 1x/week, alternating between moisturizing and protein conditioners, and bunning for a while.

kami02

OK, i'm in too! This is my first challenge! I've been co-washing weekly for about six weeks. I'm using Hair One and Yes to Carrots.

lilsparkle825

OK.....I'm in. Cowashing once a week in twists won't be that hard, especially since I'll only have them in about four weeks.

As usual, I'll have my staples, VO5 Strawberries and Creme and HE Hello Hydration, on my side...and using up some other things that have been sitting around for months.

Last edited:

MummysGirl

I'm SO in... I already cowash 3 times a week, I'd like to maintain 4 times a week. I'll be exactly 15 months post on the official start date :grin:

Maybe I'll set a personal challenge to continue transitioning all through the challenge and *maybe* chop my relaxed ends on the last day (I'll be 21 months post....hmmmmm)

:yay: I loved last year's challenge! Thanks Shay.

Last edited:

JuiceMobsta

I'm in! Co-washing with V05 clarifying conditioners. Can I go ahead and post a pic after I do a co-wash? I haven't quite figured out my hair type and now I'm 41 weeks post :spinning:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in! Co-washing with V05 clarifying conditioners. Can I go ahead and post a pic after I do a co-wash? I haven't quite figured out my hair type and now I'm 41 weeks post :spinning:
Sure.

Black Hoya Chick--Thanks for posting your pic. I never request pics in challenges bc it is so traumatic :lachen:for me to get a pic. I don't want to ask anyone to do something I won't do as a leader of a challenge.

If anyone else wants to post pics that is fine.

guudhair

I'm in...about to cowash now with VO5 Strawberries and Cream Moisturizing Conditioner...it has Soy Milk Protein in it...is that bad to cowash with?

Status
Not open for further replies.