APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

veesweets

I'm currently baggying my hair until whenever I go to sleep. I remember it kept my hair really moisturized when I was doing it consistently last year. I might start up again, at least once a week.

apple_natural

yesterday i cowashed and did a braid out. didn't get around to box braiding my hair last four day weekend (LAZY! lol)

LovelyRo

Just checking in. I'm away at a work conference so I'm not able to care for my hair the way I would like to. I'm still moisturizing my leave out. My nape is in a braid going across and I oiled my scalp with simplicity oil a couple days ago. I'll probably wash and condition my leave out tonight. My edges are becoming a challenge at 13 wks post. Hopefully a fresh wash and condition will help.

gvin89

Got my crochet braids using deep twist hair.....not a fan but getting compliments. Maybe it has to grow on me...it is my first time.

MsKikiStar

I'm in :)

Current hair length: shoulder length
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural
Goal Month: APL by May, BSL by December
Current Reggie and styling choices: I wash and condition weekly, deep condition bi-weekly and do a protein treatment before and after straightening. (I've straightened twice within the past 2 months.) I mainly wear my in 2 big flat twist like a crown (goddess twists?) or do twist outs.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? I definitely need to start moisturizing daily and also sealing. Will possibly also start taking biotin, omega 3/6/9 and mdm again.

Attachments

• Photo on 12-1-13 at 7.01 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-1-13 at 7.01 PM.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Photo-on-12-1-13-at-6.jpg
    Photo-on-12-1-13-at-6.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20

TwoSnapsUp

I was never a rollers kind of gal, but I have these satin rollers that I started using to smooth out my ends after a wash and air drying.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Why are you confused? What styles do you prefer?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I I really prefer to wear my own hair but I know I need to PS because I had the nape breakage and it's just starting to grow back. It's almost 2" long back there. Also I had a lot of shedding at the end of summer to mid November and my hair thinned out so I need to regain that fullness.

The smart thing to do (I think) is to PS while I take care of my hair. But I can'y stand extensions when I work out. It doesn't last because I want to wash my hair after every workout.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I I really prefer to wear my own hair but I know I need to PS because I had the nape breakage and it's just starting to grow back. It's almost 2" long back there. Also I had a lot of shedding at the end of summer to mid November and my hair thinned out so I need to regain that fullness.

The smart thing to do (I think) is to PS while I take care of my hair. But I can'y stand extensions when I work out. It doesn't last because I want to wash my hair after every workout.

How are you with cornrows? Maybe you can wig it that way your hair is still easily accessible. Plus you can have them redone every 2 weeks or so but not too tight. You will still be able to M&S your hair as well. And wash after your workouts.

HPG

youwillrise

experimenting with (almost) constant baggying. trying to be fancy with scarves...i'll probably get some nice hats, too. i kept a baggy on yesterday and today. today i will condition wash, moisturize and all that. then i'll put the baggy on again tomorrow (wont do it on after shower wet hair since i'm experimenting with doing it more often.

looking for better moisture and possible growth? who knows. it's just a test, really.

SCarolinaGirl

I've been slack about checking in but I've been consistent with my regimen. Will relax on the 21st and post update pics.

veesweets

Still trying to figure out exactly how much protein my natural hair likes/needs. I went from every week while relaxed to every 2-3 weeks the last half of my transition. I hope to have my protein routine set by the end of this month so I can have a set schedule for 2014.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
How are you with cornrows? Maybe you can wig it that way your hair is still easily accessible. Plus you can have them redone every 2 weeks or so but not too tight. You will still be able to M&S your hair as well. And wash after your workouts.

HPG

I can do cornrows. Maybe I'll revisit my wigs

tapioca_pudding

Feeling impatient and wanting my hair to be long NOW. Need to go back to using Njoys oil regularly so I can see some growth in addition to the work Im putting in to retain my ends.

I did a reddish brown rinse last night that basically you cant see unless Im standing in the sunlight lol. Followed it up with Cream of Nature conditioner without heat for an hour. Hair felt pretty good last night, still does.

I gotta master rollersetting and placement of my curlformers so my style looks good.

A middle part is my saving grace until my hair grows out, it hides how uneven my hair is.

I tried the southern tease bun after my workout and it was okay. It will get me through.

I experienced of a lot of nape breakage. Need to baby it and keep it moist.

Im still adjusting to being relaxed.

So in love with my Kerastase leave in.

Ordered some Obia Naturals hair custard for my braidouts. Cant wait to receive it and see how it works for braidouts.

What else can I ramble about......... lol... Ill stop here.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Feeling impatient and wanting my hair to be long NOW. Need to go back to using Njoys oil regularly so I can see some growth in addition to the work Im putting in to retain my ends.

I did a reddish brown rinse last night that basically you cant see unless Im standing in the sunlight lol. Followed it up with Cream of Nature conditioner without heat for an hour. Hair felt pretty good last night, still does.

I gotta master rollersetting and placement of my curlformers so my style looks good.

A middle part is my saving grace until my hair grows out, it hides how uneven my hair is.

I tried the southern tease bun after my workout and it was okay. It will get me through.

I experienced of a lot of nape breakage. Need to baby it and keep it moist.

Im still adjusting to being relaxed.

So in love with my Kerastase leave in.

Ordered some Obia Naturals hair custard for my braidouts. Cant wait to receive it and see how it works for braidouts.

What else can I ramble about......... lol... Ill stop here.

NJoy oil is wonderful and I love it.

I'm hoping to have some luck with my curlformers. What products do you use when you install them? I bought some Infusium 23 leave in spray but I dk what else to use for hold I guess.

I bought Obia whipped butter or whatever it's called and it works amazing for my twistouts. Can't wait to see your braidout with the custard.

Yeah just baby your nape really well.

The leave in you speak of is it a creamy LI or a spray?

You will get there don't worry.

HPG

tapioca_pudding

NJoy oil is wonderful and I love it. I'm hoping to have some luck with my curlformers. What products do you use when you install them? I bought some Infusium 23 leave in spray but I dk what else to use for hold I guess. I bought Obia whipped butter or whatever it's called and it works amazing for my twistouts. Can't wait to see your braidout with the custard. Yeah just baby your nape really well. The leave in you speak of is it a creamy LI or a spray? You will get there don't worry. HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I LOVE her oil too I just have to use it so I'll see results. When it used it, it basically gave me an inch per month.

I use some type of leave in but like you I need something for hold. My next set I will likely use Nairobi setting foam OR if my Obia is here by then, I may try that out.

Its a creamy leave in... It the Nectar Thermique - http://www.kerastase-usa.com/NECTAR-THERMIQUE/NT00000,default,pd.html. It smells amazing and makes my hair so soft and shiny and actually adds some slip. Im lovin it.

Thanks so much for responding to my randomness.... :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Just did a self install to hide my hair. I'm hoping I can keep it in for a month or two. Might take it out the beginning of January.

HPG

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Snow day at work.
Not really snow, but Texas Sleet.

Our weather is sooo funny. Wednesday was 80 degrees (no joke).

Last night I DC'd and cowashed then M&S then bunned my hair.
Did my 5 minutes of inversion and went to bed.

Tonight I will M&S.
I got notice that my hothead thermal cap is on its way. Yay.

gvin89

My last relaxer broke my entire nape off...stylist didn't wash it out well. I could barely grab it. I found a thread on here about moisturizing it and treating it separate from the rest of my hair. I would moisturize and put it in a side cornrow. I never combed it but used a growth aid. Grew back very quickly and healthy!

Last edited:

PinkyPromise

The cold weather doesn't agree with my hair. I have to figure out a new regimen to retain more moisture.

image-1405784831.jpg

image-3839007460.jpg

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sooo I'm already ready to take this sew in out. My head hurts...

HPG