2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

apple_natural

i took some strands out of the french braids yesterday and they stretched to arm pit length :)... i think its finally getting there. i'll check either the day of my run or the day of my anniversary in april...

eta: its about that time to dust my ends, however. i'll be doing that this week.

Last edited:

jasmyne14

Yesterday I wash my hair

Shampooed:- creme of nature moisturising shampoo

Deep conditioner :- Aussie moist and oil mix under plastic cap for 2-3 hours

Leavins:- aphogee pro vitamin leavin and creme of nature leavin conditioner

Airdried canerows

When I got home from work after 1am I sprayed my canerows with aphogee leavin conditioner and moisturising spray mix , oiled scalp with jbco and peppermint oil , moisturised with African pride moisturising hair lotion and sealed with shea butter, it's not a lot sounds like it .

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm making progress after postpartum shedding. The first picture was a month after having my LO. I was scrolling my gallery and pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully my update for the end of November I see even more improvement. Its going to take a lot for my hair to drop.

Attachments

• 20161011_205621.jpg
    20161011_205621.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I am trying to organise my Dec appt with Reniece and hopefully it will include a flat iron and length check. Then I plan to head to NY for a medical conference. So if it all works out I'll get at least a week of swanging straight hair before I have to come back to the humid and hot C'bbean.

Daina

I'm making progress after postpartum shedding. The first picture was a month after having my LO. I was scrolling my gallery and pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully my update for the end of November I see even more improvement. Its going to take a lot for my hair to drop.

@shawnyblazes, the struggle with postpartum shedding is so REAL!!!! My baby boy just turned two but my hair was coming out by the handfuls it seemed like from 6 - 12 months. My husband asked me if I was sick after one wash day as the shower was just covered in hair. I thank God I had a lot of it so I could hide the shedding and hair loss but it was crazy. Glad you are getting to the other side and your seeing progress!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes, the struggle with postpartum shedding is so REAL!!!! My baby boy just turned two but my hair was coming out by the handfuls it seemed like from 6 - 12 months. My husband asked me if I was sick after one wash day as the shower was just covered in hair. I thank God I had a lot of it so I could hide the shedding and hair loss but it was crazy. Glad you are getting to the other side and your seeing progress!

It's was rough and I'm still breastfeeding. My hair was shedding like crazy. I was really scared. My edges left me in the wind. They are on the growth as welll

victory777

@victory777 my hair looks is trying to look like yours lol. I think you will make your goal!

i just remembered to take my vitamins

@KidneyBean86 your hair looks thick and awesome!
:bighug:
I'm trying to incorporate more protective styles in the Hair weekend plans thread over there to reach it;And netwurks also. You'll be there in no time! My hair is trying to grow up also; it's so many beautiful heads of hair on here that are different lengths. It has me:drool:

Last edited:

victory777

Will henna today and deep condition.
Also attempting a twist bun so I can protective style and take a break from crochet braids for a bit

JerriBlank

I meant to join this! I actually made APL on the sides, and I think that I'm a little past in the back :happydance:

I'll post pics later today. I am looking for full APL on the sides and back by the end of the year. The top is only at the botton of my jaw. It won't be at APL for another 6-12 months, dependng on these growth aids. I don't want to hype the Xcel as yet, but I'm ordering 6 more bottles this week. :look:
I actually have edges growing back after Postpartum shedding literally wiped them clean.

So happy to have made a hair goal a tad bit early this year! Bottom of my bra strap is next,and about 5-6 inches away for me. I'm only 5'3, with a short torso. I just want my hair to be stupid, dumb, thick! :lol:
Then i'll be goood.

long.hair.dont.care

I meant to join this! I actually made APL on the sides, and I think that I'm a little past in the back :happydance:

I'll post pics later today. I am looking for full APL on the sides and back by the end of the year. The top is only at the botton of my jaw. It won't be at APL for another 6-12 months, dependng on these growth aids. I don't want to hype the Xcel as yet, but I'm ordering 6 more bottles this week. :look:
I actually have edges growing back after Postpartum shedding literally wiped them clean.

So happy to have made a hair goal a tad bit early this year! Bottom of my bra strap is next,and about 5-6 inches away for me. I'm only 5'3, with a short torso. I just want my hair to be stupid, dumb, thick! :lol:
Then i'll be goood.

I'm happy for your success! What have you been doing to retain ?

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Why won't the hair in the middle of my nape and the area right above it grow?! Why is the hair there so fine? Why is it not as dense as the rest of my hair? Why does this whack patch exist?!!!!! Why does my nape grow in this awful 'W' shape?

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

#rantover

JerriBlank

I'm happy for your success! What have you been doing to retain ?

Thank you! I have been severely neglecting Mt hair until a couple months ago. I have a 1 year old son, and just recently went back to work. I'm also preggo :look:
People attribute pregnant women's hair growth to pregnancy, but trust me, mine is not. :lol:
I didn't have accelerated growth under this weave, I just retained my trying to stay on top of my moisture game. Oils in the applicator bottle to reach everywhere. I remember a poster from when the board was still super active saying that she prefers when her hair is too oily vs dry under her weaves. I use the oils that actually lubricate. I pretty much keep the same regimen unser y weave, I can't afford to slack. I need every little cm. Lol. I trimmed super lightly at takedown. Ends feel good, but they still need some babying.
Pretty much, I haven't dc'd in months, before deciding to pay my hair some attention. Upped my dc's back to a regular schedule, at least 2x a week. That's a lot, but my hair has seen some neglect. It was so necessary. It's now at the point where it feels soft when dry. I didn't even have that much consistently a few months ago. :nono:

long.hair.dont.care

Thank you! I have been severely neglecting Mt hair until a couple months ago. I have a 1 year old son, and just recently went back to work. I'm also preggo :look:
People attribute pregnant women's hair growth to pregnancy, but trust me, mine is not. :lol:
I didn't have accelerated growth under this weave, I just retained my trying to stay on top of my moisture game. Oils in the applicator bottle to reach everywhere. I remember a poster from when the board was still super active saying that she prefers when her hair is too oily vs dry under her weaves. I use the oils that actually lubricate. I pretty much keep the same regimen unser y weave, I can't afford to slack. I need every little cm. Lol. I trimmed super lightly at takedown. Ends feel good, but they still need some babying.
Pretty much, I haven't dc'd in months, before deciding to pay my hair some attention. Upped my dc's back to a regular schedule, at least 2x a week. That's a lot, but my hair has seen some neglect. It was so necessary. It's now at the point where it feels soft when dry. I didn't even have that much consistently a few months ago. :nono:

Nice! "too oily vs dry" I need to adopt that mentality! Thank you for sharing :)