APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
^^You are the only one that knows that wasn't the look you were going for. Your hair is so curly, it looks good anyway.

Lol Girl it is so freaking hot and humid and the sun ain't even really fully out lol. Myself, my hair and heat don't mix well. My hair frizzed up so much and it's not as much definition when I initially took it down this morning. Yes I am the only one who knows but it bothers me...haha

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I went to Target today (I had a bday giftcard). I got some Loreal extreme repair creme for split ends, Loreal instant Shock treatment mask, some goody spin pins and goody ouchless bands. I also got a bottle of red Moscato so that I can relax and unwind later tonight. These summer days are long and hectic. My kids are just so full of energy.

I will review my new products once I try them out. I still have another week or 2 with this blowout so im going to use my new condish on my daughter's hair first

Fotchygirl

I am also taking mine down next weekend but will wait a week before I get a TU. I can't wait to see if I have gained anything since starting my HHJ in April. I must say it hasn't been easy for me since I never even washed my own hair myself so I've struggled quite a bit.

snoop

Last night I took out my small twists and combined the hair to make chunky twists. I figure that if the twists are bigger that they'll be easier to freshen up on a weekly basis. Also, it will make my hair look fuller since they'll hopefully be fluffier. I've been afraid to do any real length checks lately because if feels like my hair has stopped growing. I did experience some breakage a couple of weeks ago for about 2 weeks, but I think that it's under control now, but still. UGH. Maybe I'll do an unofficial length check this weekend.

snoop

What's the difference between an official and unofficial length check?

Me just tugging at it and sizing it up and comparing it to where I last remember it being vs taking out my length check bra and photographing the heck out of my hair. :lol:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay so I know LCs aren't due just yet (I think) but tomorrow is date night for me and the hubby and I was planning on using my curling wand on my hair but flat ironed it instead. Then I went to Walmart to get a much needed trim. I dk why my nape grows faster than the rest of my hair but there's a noticeable gap that I do not like. Oh and I didn't put anything in my hair except mixed chicks hair silk and a little chi 44 iron guard. Anyway on to the pics.

My hair b4 str8ening
View attachment 265885

While str8ening
View attachment 265887

Once finished

View attachment 265889

View attachment 265891

View attachment 265893

View attachment 265895

After trim
ForumRunner_20140620_160611.jpg

ForumRunner_20140620_160620.jpg

Sorry it didn't post my before trim pics...

View attachment 265937

View attachment 265939

View attachment 265941

Last edited:

Jace032000

:bighug: I'm sorry about your setback. What did she comb your hair with?

I had a setback on my last rollerset and I think the culprit is the tool she used to detangle my hair.

My recommendation is to do a keratin protein treatment as soon as possible and start doing search and destroys as soon as possible to keep the splits from taking any more hair with it than is necessary.

Thank you all soo much or your words of encouragement and advice. I felt so much better venting to you ladies about things. My husband doesn't know why I spend so much time loving and stressing over my hair lol. faithVA-I'm going to take your advice about doing a keratin protein treatment for my hair. I've did a search and destroy last night and probably lost about another half inch but at least I caught it before it got out of control right?

**le sigh**

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thank you all soo much or your words of encouragement and advice. I felt so much better venting to you ladies about things. My husband doesn't know why I spend so much time loving and stressing over my hair lol. faithVA-I'm going to take your advice about doing a keratin protein treatment for my hair. I've did a search and destroy last night and probably lost about another half inch but at least I caught it before it got out of control right?

**le sigh**

You can and will recover Jace! And no the hubby's don't seem to understand at all lol

faithVA

**le sigh**

Glad you caught it early. I had my roller set last October an I'm still clipping splits :nono: but I'm done trimming and I'm just snipping as I find them. I dust monthly and then do a protein treatment afterwards. I'm finally able to finger detangle again.

Fotchygirl

Okay so I know LCs aren't due just yet (I think) but tomorrow is date night for me and the hubby and I was planning on using my curling wand on my hair but flat ironed it instead. Then I went to Walmart to get a much needed trim. I dk why my nape grows faster than the rest of my hair but there's a noticeable gap that I do not like. Oh and I didn't put anything in my hair except mixed chicks hair silk and a little chi 44 iron guard. Anyway on to the pics.

My hair b4 str8ening
View attachment 265885

While str8ening
View attachment 265887

Once finished

View attachment 265889

View attachment 265891

View attachment 265893

View attachment 265895

After trim
View attachment 265899

View attachment 265901

Sorry it didn't post my before trim pics...

View attachment 265937

View attachment 265939

View attachment 265941
Wow, amazing growth HPG!

BlaqKitty

My hair is gettin' really long, but my middle patch is such a stubborn grower. -_- I'll be WL one day and the middle patch will still be ear length lol.

Has anyone used HE Naked cleansing conditioner?

Adiatasha

June 28th is no longer take down day :(

Sigh.

I will be in this sew in for 3 months.....
Anyone keep a sew in for more than 3 months?

Adiatasha

Are you sure you want to do that?... What if your hair dreads underneath?....

I've had my sew ins for 3 months before... And nothing happened. I think my take down is the reason for successful growth with sew ins.

I'm just not looking forward to the process..,it takes me HOURS and I keep putting it off. I'm wondering if it's just me that feels this way.

Jace032000

Okay so I know LCs aren't due just yet (I think) but tomorrow is date night for me and the hubby and I was planning on using my curling wand on my hair but flat ironed it instead. Then I went to Walmart to get a much needed trim. I dk why my nape grows faster than the rest of my hair but there's a noticeable gap that I do not like. Oh and I didn't put anything in my hair except mixed chicks hair silk and a little chi 44 iron guard. Anyway on to the pics. My hair b4 str8ening While str8ening Once finished After trim Sorry it didn't post my before trim pics...

Amazing progress!!!!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Well I'm back to wigging it lol. Need to hide my hair for a bit. I was going to get a sew in but I got all these darn wigs lying around I better use them lol. So my hair is braided up and wig applied.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im debating whether I should get a new lace wig or do a self install... I am not getting my hair blown out again til August so I need a style to last a few weeks