April 2018: Hits & Misses

naturalyogini

Hit
Alterna Fill and repair mask (sample) . Made my hair feel soft and strong after 2 flat iron sessions.

Treluxe Curl Supreme. Best curl cream I've ever used so far. Soft shiny hair.

Miss

Lush R&B
Retread DC
Avocado co wash bar. This actually got stuck in my hair

Hit and miss
Lush Henna jasmine fluff...
This is a pre poo that smells like cigarettes. Reminded me of Ojon palm oil. Made my hair soft but the scent is sickening.

PlanetCybertron

Great reviews @PlanetCybertron. I also love that Mielle Organics Mint Deep Conditioner. I agree that it is 10 times better than ORS Rep Pak.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy the bolded item?

I bought it off of Amazon, however I can’t seem to find the company that sourced the emulsion. It wasn’t U.S, based so I’m not sure how that works. They do have the U.S based Sekkesei store but it’s mostly just for skin and face. You can type in Sekkesei Emulsion on Amazon and browse. It’s not the blue bottle, it’s like an off light pink of sorts.

If you cant find it, here’s another awesome one:
https://www.yesstyle.com/en/elizave...ng-protein-treatment/info.html/pid.1050282216

This one has collagen and D-Panthenol too. It’s much like the Sekkesei Emulsion, it doesn’t have the Job’s Tears, but does the same thing as well, and smells very sweet. (At least to me lol) the Emulsion can range from 38-50$, the Milky Piggy Collagen is 9-10$. If you can’t find the Emulsion, believe me, it’s no loss. The Collagen formula works just as well, and gives me the same benefits for my ends. You can use it as a treatment or as a leave in, just use a small amount since that’s all you need.

I haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s called Silk Scarf, and it’s a double hair mask. It’s a 2 step treatment, with step 1 being the mask, and the essence cap being step 2. Then you just massage and rinse. Here’s the rinse: https://www.yesstyle.com/en/etude-h...-care-hair-mask-1set/info.html/pid.1038751942

These two are Korean Based products. I think the Emulsion is Japanese.

Hopefully you like these too. I didn’t want to just say “I don’t know”. Lol

Last edited:

Aggie

I bought it off of Amazon, however I can’t seem to find the company that sourced the emulsion. It wasn’t U.S, based so I’m not sure how that works. They do have the U.S based Sekkesei store but it’s mostly just for skin and face. You can type in Sekkesei Emulsion on Amazon and browse. It’s not the blue bottle, it’s like an off light pink of sorts.

If you cant find it, here’s another awesome one:
https://www.yesstyle.com/en/elizave...ng-protein-treatment/info.html/pid.1050282216

This one has collagen and D-Panthenol too. It’s much like the Sekkesei Emulsion, it doesn’t have the Job’s Tears, but does the same thing as well, and smells very sweet. (At least to me lol) the Emulsion can range from 38-50$, the Milky Piggy Collagen is 9-10$. If you can’t find the Emulsion, believe me, it’s no loss. The Collagen formula works just as well, and gives me the same benefits for my ends. You can use it as a treatment or as a leave in, just use a small amount since that’s all you need.

I haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s called Silk Scarf, and it’s a double hair mask. It’s a 2 step treatment, with step 1 being the mask, and the essence cap being step 2. Then you just massage and rinse. Here’s the rinse: https://www.yesstyle.com/en/etude-h...-care-hair-mask-1set/info.html/pid.1038751942

These two are Korean Based products. I think the Emulsion is Japanese.

Hopefully you like these too. I didn’t want to just say “I don’t know”. Lol
Thank you so much.

ladybevy

Continued Hits:
Doing my rice water rinse before DCing instead of after. My hair is loving it. So much softer and manageable and DCing and detangling is a breeze.

CP Ayurvedic Oil - Just absolutely love this. Been using this for over 6 months now. My hair has been growing and my two problem areas are growing back. Leaves my hair soft and manageable.

DCing with honey. Again leaves my hair soft, moisturized and feel like it helps the DC penetrate my hair.