Are You About That Bun Life?

toaster

I love bunning. It was all the rage when I joined the forum in 2008 so I began cowashing and wet bunning throughout my transition. Now I roller set my natural hair and bun daily unless I'm going out and want to wear my hair down. High bun. Low bun. Scrunchie. Spin pins. Either way, my hair is always up.

Aww. Quoting myself from 2017. I wore a bun from 2008 until about a month ago. I’ve grown my hair to hip length at least three times in that time period. Bunning works. I got so used to bunning and it’s been 12 years, trying to wear my hair out now.

naturaldoll

I use to try to wear buns, because I really love the look. But I'm natural (4a) and during take down I would always find my hair near the roots had all webbed together, detangling would be a nightmare.

Has anyone else had that problem? How did you combat it?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I use to try to wear buns, because I really love the look. But I'm natural (4a) and during take down I would always find my hair near the roots had all webbed together, detangling would be a nightmare.

Has anyone else had that problem? How did you combat it?
I'm a 4a in my crown and have this problem. I take my hair down every couple days to detangle and moisturize it. I also have to create a ponytail with a hair tie before I wrap my ends around to keep my roots straighter.