Armpit Challenge Updates!! Has the people who started the armpit

leleepop

challenge reached their goals? Would you ladies please give a update of your progress via posts or photos? I will start by saying I have about an inch to go and I never thought my hair would eva grow this long.hhg:)

JazzyDez

leleepop said:
challenge reached their goals? Would you ladies please give a update of your progress via posts or photos? I will start by saying I have about an inch to go and I never thought my hair would eva grow this long.hhg:)

Thats great girl! Where were you at before you started the challenge and how long did it take you to make this progress? Anything special you did or just plain 'ole TLC? Sorry so many questions but you got to spill the beans girlie. :lol:

leleepop

Well I started in November o5 and my hair was on my neck. That's about when I found the hairboards. I stopped trimming my ends every 8 weeks. I stopped relaxing every 5 weeks and stretched 12. So far I been texlaxed twice. I deep condition every week. I moisturize daily. Shampoo twice a week. I use heat only twice a month. I dont use brush and I dont comb my dry hair and if I have to I am VERY careful and make sure it is moisturize or soft.I take a multi,biotin,flax.I might do more but this is all I can think of. So my answer I guess is TLC.lol:)

BrwnSugaBabee

I am sooo close! If i stretch my hair comes to APL. But I don't really consider myself there. I would call it a modest APL. I haven't flat ironed since the begining of April, I will take these braids out in the first week of July( will def post pics then). I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

Once I finally do reach full APL I will keep trimming to knock out these darn layers. *sigh:perplexed

MissFallon

I started in the APL challenge the first week of January. My hair was just cut to SL at this time. It took me until the end of March to get to APL. I washed once a week and kept my hair in protective styles. The shortest layers which were a little past chin length are at APL now from January also. I am grazing the top of the brastrap now, hopefully my shortest layers will get there by september.

GoGoChik

Okay, I just self-relaxed today. Everything came out great!
But, aparently my hair doesn't grow as fast as I thought. I stretched for 2 months and got a little over 1 inch of growth. I'm p*ssed!

I started at Shoulder Length in February. I wanted to be APL by August. Now, I'll have to wait until September when I get my next relaxer.

I think I might jump on that monkey ball sweat/colt 45/coochie cream challenge or something. :lachen:

I think I'll go out and buy some of those hair vitamins everyone uses as well.

leleepop

GoGoChik said:
Okay, I just self-relaxed today. Everything came out great!
But, aparently my hair doesn't grow as fast as I thought. I stretched for 2 months and got a little over 1 inch of growth. I'm p*ssed!

I started at Shoulder Length in February. I wanted to be APL by August. Now, I'll have to wait until September when I get my next relaxer.

I think I might jump on that monkey ball sweat/colt 45/coochie cream challenge or something. :lachen:

I think I'll go out and buy some of those hair vitamins everyone uses as well.
I think 1 inch in two months is great!!! I relax every 12 weeks and I just say after each relaxer I know I will get an inch and thats good enough for me, but I know how you feel.

GoGoChik

leleepop said:
I think 1 inch in two months is great!!! I relax every 12 weeks and I just say after each relaxer I know I will get an inch and thats good enough for me, but I know how you feel.

Thanks. I'm glad someone understands. :)

MissFallon

leleepop said:

That is the normal growth rate. I think adding vits to your regimen will prolly push it up to 1" a month or more. Did you wear protective styles? These help alot in accelerating growth.

GoGoChik

MissFallon said:
That is the normal growth rate. I think adding vits to your regimen will prolly push it up to 1" a month or more. Did you wear protective styles? These help alot in accelerating growth.

Yes I did. I had different variations of buns. I think I'm going to get some braids so that I won't have to touch my hair at all.

Doremie13

I am about less than 1/2 an inch away. I joined the healthy hair journey in January and my hair was just above my shoulders. I hope to be at brastrap by the end of the year, which for me is about 4 more inches. I have a short torso! :lol:

Millahdoowop

I started at shoulder length in January and I am still not a apl. My longest layer in the back is hovering around apl. I'm hoping to get there by September, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there before than.

*Frisky*

princesmich said:
Is it too late to join this challenge, when will the challenge be over?

The challenge is scheduled to end on June 30th but we can extend it if people want to. I need a little more time as well...

Mizani_Mrs

I'm not sure if i officially joined the challenge, but it was my goal as well. I am proud to report that I have made it!!! I joined LCHF in feb of '05 and i was shoulderlength, then Mar 06 I finally made APL. My hair grows super slow, maybe 1/4 a month and plus i had to trim damaged ends slowly so i wasnt able to retain much. Now i am still hovering around APL, but now most of my hair is APL past, instead of just beginning to reach. I have posted my before and after pic in my fotki. In 6weeks when i get a relaxer, i will post another!

I reached Armpit this month! -- While, I feel growing from shoulder to this point was more difficult than growing from neck to shoulder, I think it will be smoother sailing from AP to Bra Strap. I have trimmed off all the dead ends, and thrown the words "set back" outta my vocabulary!

I had hoped to be armpit by June EOM but I'm going to give myself a few more weeks of "conscious effort" and adjust that expectation to August and hope to still reach bra-strap by years end.

I'm not really doing much to stimulate a growth spurt but my hair does seem to grow more quickly during the warmer months, so we shall see.

blueabyss333

SerenityBreeze said:
I reached Armpit this month! -- While, I feel growing from shoulder to this point was more difficult than growing from neck to shoulder, I think it will be smoother sailing from AP to Bra Strap. I have trimmed off all the dead ends, and thrown the words "set back" outta my vocabulary!

:mad: This IS the hardest stage. My how time passes...it's been six months and I feel like my hair is stagnant. I've maintained a modest shoulder length for 6 months and because of heat damage and trims I haven't kept much length. Hopefully, I will read APL by December.

leleepop

princesmich said:
Is it too late to join this challenge, when will the challenge be over?
Girl I didnt even know about the forum when it officially started and I started this post!!:lol: I made my own challenge I suppose and I was curious about how everyone else was doing who was on the challenge to get a little inspiration. oops I just outted myself ,anyway Im gratful to this challenge because when I was lurking it inspired me. I think I will be a decent armpit at the end of the year and I have alot of trims also.hhg;)

OneInAMillion

blueabyss333 said:
:mad: This IS the hardest stage. My how time passes...it's been six months and I feel like my hair is stagnant. I've maintained a modest shoulder length for 6 months and because of heat damage and trims I haven't kept much length. Hopefully, I will read APL by December.

ITA, this has been a huge hurdle for me. I should have BEEN at APL, but I suppose I won't get there until I let go of heat. I never officially joined this challenge, but I need some support here :lol: . I hope to reach APL with a nice blunt cut by December. I did a blunt trim about 2 weeks ago, so I hope that helps me out a but. The length touches APL when stretched, but I won't be satisfied until it lays there.

I definitely feel like my hair is stagnant though, that's why I needed to trim and switch it up. I even got back on my vitamins to speed things along,..nothing.

What's everyone's biggest challenge? Mine is moisturizing my ends, which need more and more moisture as the day goes on.

divinefavor

I have not made it to APL as of yet. I am hoping to be there by December 31st. I did have one trim in April. I will be getting a touch up soon, I should get a better sense of where I am then.

MiWay

I'm hoping to be there by the end of this month. I just did a 1/8" trim because my ends were horrendous.

gradygirl

I chopped off about about 1 1/2 a couple of weeks ago to get rid of the raggedy ends I was holding on to. I'm not due for a touchup until July 1 so I won't know for sure where I am until then. I gave myself until December to get there though.

GoGoChik

I think another thing I have to take into account is the fact that I have a very long neck.

When I was young my nickname was giraffe b/c of my long legs and neck.

Any other people with long necks? Do you think that it matters?

leleepop

GoGoChik said:
I think another thing I have to take into account is the fact that I have a very long neck.

When I was young my nickname was giraffe b/c of my long legs and neck.

Any other people with long necks? Do you think that it matters?
I have a long neck also. I am 5ft 9in . There was a previous thread about how many inches it would take to reach bsl and the numbers were from 20 inches from hairline all the way to 26-27 inches. I am one of those that have to have 26. :(