Armpit Challenge Updates!! Has the people who started the armpit

gradygirl

blueabyss333 said:
:mad: This IS the hardest stage. My how time passes...it's been six months and I feel like my hair is stagnant. I've maintained a modest shoulder length for 6 months and because of heat damage and trims I haven't kept much length. Hopefully, I will read APL by December.
This is a very difficult stage. It's much harder than I thought it would be. The problem for me is not growing the hair but maintaining the length. After I cut my raggedy ends off I started the baggie method. I just hope this works.

Doremie13

GoGoChik said:
I think another thing I have to take into account is the fact that I have a very long neck.

When I was young my nickname was giraffe b/c of my long legs and neck.

Any other people with long necks? Do you think that it matters?

I feel you!!! I have a very long neck, too! That's another reason why there isn't too much difference between armpit and brastrap for me. I would've have been at brastrap if I had a "normal" neck... :lachen:

GoGoChik

leleepop said:
I have a long neck also. I am 5ft 9in . There was a previous thread about how many inches it would take to reach bsl and the numbers were from 20 inches from hairline all the way to 26-27 inches. I am one of those that have to have 26. :(

I haven't measured yet, but I think that may be me too.

I saw this girl in my class go from a pixie cut to almost shoulder length in a year. But, her neck is non-existent. :ohwell:

curlyj

I am sbout 2" past collar bone, so I hope to be APL by August/Spetember. My neck is also very long and I'm 5'10/11", so I am guessing BSl would be about 25"....wE'LL GET THERE. I must admit that going from SL to APL has been very challenging...And vitamins really speed up growth- I KNOW b/c I tool a month off... ;(

Attachments

• shineee.jpg
    shineee.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN1569.JPG
    DSCN1569.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN1701.JPG
    DSCN1701.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 82

lexi84

Here's my latest pic.

Well I think I'm here comfortably now:) Finally! Its been a year in the making so I guess I'll just finally claim it. ;) I havent updated my album as of yet, but I will in the ver near future.

Last edited:

lexi84

Thanks! I wear it out pretty often girl. I dont believe in hiding it 24/7/365. I'm just sure that the other parts of my regimen are airtight. I wear protective styles like 60% of the time, but when I do, I dont comb it at all.:)

Elizabeth26

lexi84 said:
Thanks! I wear it out pretty often girl. I dont believe in hiding it 24/7/365. I'm just sure that the other parts of my regimen are airtight. I wear protective styles like 60% of the time, but when I do, I dont comb it at all.:)
Your hair looks great and thats some progress you made! Your hair is so thick. Do you texlax or relax bone straight?

lexi84

Liz25_Ga said:
Your hair looks great and thats some progress you made! Your hair is so thick. Do you texlax or relax bone straight?

Thanks so much. I used to texlax(underprocess on accident) but now I get it relaxed about 90% straight. The texlaxed thing was hard to deal with and it made my hair stiff looking, dull, and my ends always looked bad.:( I just got it relaxed on June 8th and she got it about 90% straight, just the way I like it.:p

lexi84

Thanks ladies...its been a very interesting year:lol: And nelli girl your hair is already APL from the looks of it!!!

jaded_faerie

lexi84 said:
Here's my latest pic.

Well I think I'm here comfortably now:) Finally! Its been a year in the making so I guess I'll just finally claim it. ;) I havent updated my album as of yet, but I will in the ver near future.

Wow! Your hair looks great Lexi!