At this point in your Christian walk, would you date/marry someone who is unsaved?

mstrublvr

Humor:

You know that joke? My G-d told me this and said you're wrong. Un huh, my G-d told me you are wrong. Well my G-d told me to tell your G-d to shut up.

:rolleyes: We all stand on the same earth.

Lol love it. I really think aliens who love God need to land or show themselves..put some real pepper in this mix.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

makeupgirl

nicola.kirwan

I am not nor I think anyone else who doesn't agree with you actually debating the Word. I disagree with your interpretation.

Your dismissiveness negates the reasoning, prophets and learning of the whole 1st half of bible and Christ's lineage. From what you are saying all the ones pre Christ are just going to????..cause they didn't accept Christ? Come on..they will have a chance, just like Muslims and Jews..and anyone else who loves God. Honestly what I think is Christians kinda have a fast-pass thru the judgement round..to put it simple.

I truly hope you have a chance to travel and meet other people who love God as much as you do, but in different ways..maybe your heart will soften and be more open to them.

People can love God all they want to but all he ask is to acknowledge, trust, believe, and accept his son. If someone has a relationship with Christ, they have chosen to acknowledge Christ as God in the flesh, believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and has confessed that they are a sinner that needs forgiveness. Those who existed before Christ believed just as we believe but differently because he was the prophesied coming Messiah that would take away the sins of the world. Do you know how many people knows this information and continue to reject him? It's not above love. That is one of the fruits of the Spirit that we as believers inherit via the Holy Spirit upon the profession of our faith. A true born again Christian knows the voice of the Father and knows that when he said not to be yoked together with unbelievers, well it's for the best that we are to listen. Amen. Blessings can be given easily but blessings can also be hindered just as easily because of disobedience and the Lord my Eternal God that I serve awards those who diligently seek him and obey his word.

makeupgirl

Maybe if you don't use others just like you only as sounding boards, you will hear something different. But again, you probably only want echo.

Again and again, my same points are: I am open to possibilities and God is a god of possibilities. I accept that other religions love God too. I believe in the Christ. What else..thats about it for me. OH new one...people interpret scriptures different. Hmm I don't think God will have a problem with any of that.

Bite your tongue, yes he will. There is a verse at the end of revelation that states not to add or take away from the scriptures and he also reveals the punishment of those who do. Whether it's adding/subtracting from or twisting and misinterpreting scriptures, it's wrong and God doesn't like it.

mstrublvr

Bite your tongue, yes he will. There is a verse at the end of revelation that states not to add or take away from the scriptures and he also reveals the punishment of those who do. Whether it's adding/subtracting from or twisting and misinterpreting scriptures, it's wrong and God doesn't like it.

Again funny. Please don't speak for my God. And the quote you use will damn every bible maker because that's exactly what the KJ version did and all others after it. As a matter fact, you should chuck your bible so you don't get punished too for reading a twisted word. Seriously people take it down a notch.

OhmyKimB

Re: At this point in your Christian walk, would you date/marry someone who is unsaved

Lutheran, Baptist and Anglican are all Christian denominations. Not the same argument.

I'm utterly shocked that you believe we worship the same God. I completely disagree. Christianity, Islam and Judaism may all have Abraham in common, but that does not mean Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God. If that were true, why do all three faiths have different views of Jesus? Christians believe Jesus is God, Muslims believe He is not, and Jews are still waiting for their messiah. How then are we all worshipping the same God?

Actually...

Judism-Abraham
Islam- Ishmael
Christianity-Abraham

all the same ppl, Ishmael would have clearly followed his father while he was with him. So everyone has the same start. He was always supposed to contend against Issac, and that meant in all ways. Faith included.

The Jews in the bible were good for turning away from God, I mean constantly so it would logically make sense that they wouldn't believe in Jesus. Not like they listened any other time. (I'm not saying it to be mean I'm just saying it plain and in a condensed way that is not drawn out)

Islam well is Ishmael wasn't with his father wouldn't he have just answered his questions. If the Jews didn't accept Jesus I don't seem Islam doing it, they at least call him a prophet.

Either way it is the same God, however who is listening to what to do is the issue...so while I understand the point that was attempted to be made Nicole is right.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: At this point in your Christian walk, would you date/marry someone who is unsaved

Lutheran, Baptist and Anglican are all Christian denominations. Not the same argument.

I'm utterly shocked that you believe we worship the same God. I completely disagree. Christianity, Islam and Judaism may all have Abraham in common, but that does not mean Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God. If that were true, why do all three faiths have different views of Jesus? Christians believe Jesus is God, Muslims believe He is not, and Jews are still waiting for their messiah. How then are we all worshipping the same God?

fifi134 - I believe the point that mstrublvr was trying to make is this...

You know how you just asked why do all three faiths (Christians, Muslims, Jews) have different views of Jesus?

Well, the point is... why do the various denominations within Christianity have different views of Jesus? (not a question to be answered, it's rhetorical, just to ponder on).

Think about it. One of the main issues is the concept of Trinity. Some Christians believe Jesus is God (Baptists). Some Christians do not believe Jesus is God (Oneness Pentecostals, Jehovah Witnesses). And that's just one hangup.

There are more fundamental and doctrinal disagreements. That's why there's so much division within the Christian religion...Baptist, Penecostal, Methodist, Catholic, Jehovah Witness, Presbyterian, Seventh Day Adventist, Amish, and you know what's even more sad? Divisions among denominations! Just take Baptist alone...you have Southern Baptist, Anabaptist, American Baptist, etc.

Jesus did not want this. And that's why we shouldn't get caught up in labels nor the traditional "church" system. We must solely rely on the Spirit of God.

Last edited:

OhmyKimB

@nicola.kirwan

I am not nor I think anyone else who doesn't agree with you actually debating the Word. I disagree with your interpretation.

Your dismissiveness negates the reasoning, prophets and learning of the whole 1st half of bible and Christ's lineage. From what you are saying all the ones pre Christ are just going to????..cause they didn't accept Christ? Come on..they will have a chance, just like Muslims and Jews..and anyone else who loves God. Honestly what I think is Christians kinda have a fast-pass thru the judgement round..to put it simple.

I truly hope you have a chance to travel and meet other people who love God as much as you do, but in different ways..maybe your heart will soften and be more open to them.

You know. I was with you before at least in understanding the point you are trying to make. However u seem to be missing on thing which makes me wonder do you believe in the trinity? Everyone responding is under the impression that you do, and if you don't then we can just leave u to your own devices.

Either way. No matter what man was alive at what time, in which city, talking to himself or the Lord. JESUS WAS HERE FIRST.

When there was nothing there was Jesus. When there was grass it was Jesus.

How can you only love, respect, trust, and believe in part of a person? Not possible so how to do you chose to do that to God?

Jesus was raised a Jew, however the ppl he came to save didn't even believe in him.

I referenced the denominations because their divisions started at one point just like the 3 religions did. Sooo Jesus wasn't raised a Jew? He was a pre-christian only...House of David was pre-christian but just didn't know it? Come on sister, do your homework. All God's children. Either you are as I want to believe funning us or your christian walk only started with the New Testament...which is just sad.

This isn't meant to be sarcastic, but I'm a sarcastic person so oh well. Being as God, Jesus, and the holy spirit are one when Abraham prayed and God answered who do you think was there? You can decide that because the human version of Jesus didn't show until after Abraham that he just appeared. Remember what it is that he came for

Picking apart one individual's posts confuses the point. Let's broaden the discussion if it must be had. Regardless of the starting point of any group or organization, the question is what is at its core now. The unifying factor between Anglicans, Baptists, Presbyterians, etc. is precisely the dividing factor between Jews, Christians and Muslims--Jesus of Nazareth. Those who embrace Him as God and Lord find themselves bound into one spiritual body--regardless of their external traditions. And those who do not embrace Him as God and Lord separate themselves.

As Jesus told the Jewish leaders, "Before Abraham was, I AM." Before there were commandments to follow, sacrifices to make, genealogies to trace, there was Christ. A Christian who recognizes such is not ignorant, but rather cognizant of that theological reality.

OhmyKimB

Maybe if you don't use others just like you only as sounding boards, you will hear something different. But again, you probably only want echo.

Again and again, my same points are: I am open to possibilities and God is a god of possibilities. I accept that other religions love God too. I believe in the Christ. What else..thats about it for me. OH new one...people interpret scriptures different. Hmm I don't think God will have a problem with any of that.

Differently doesn't mean right. No one said if others love God theirs or ours, the thing was if you can't love the same God I love then no. Not the version and allotment someone has made of him, but HIM the real God in full.

For example that different thing is a reason one of those nuns said in school common people weren't allowed to really have a bible or to know it. Different leads to problems and leading others astray

fifi134

Poohbear, I understand that. There are some denominations that according to Christian doctrine, shouldn't be there. I also agree that Jesus would not have wanted these denominations. I have no answer for that but that all that should matter are the essentials of Christian beliefs. If you go by that standard alone, that automatically eliminates Muslims, Jews, and everyone else (including some "christian" denominations) who do not believe what Christianity preaches.

mstrublvr

@ Oh My Kim, I do believe in the Trinity, thanks for asking. I also believe in having an open mind...although that wasn't a question. Everything else as I said way back when and again to me, is labels. I will have dialogue and break bread with anyone who loves God and shows it in their humanity.

mstrublvr

By the way...this is all pointless. Not even sure why the OP posted. Obviously, anyone open to dating someone who is not a Christian was the wrong answer to the OP.

On that note...gonna go talk to my boo. Yall can guess on what he is...I am not telling yall nothing else lol

Deuces

OhmyKimB

^^Honestly do what u want but the road to hell is paved with good intentions

The only labels that shouldn't matter are within Christianity you will get dragged away. I know this first hand. As well I had a friend wouldn't date me for the same reason, he's Muslim and I'm Christian. No matter where things started it could never end the same...

OhmyKimB

By the way...this is all pointless. Not even sure why the OP posted. Obviously, anyone open to dating someone who is not a Christian was the wrong answer to the OP.

On that note...gonna go talk to my boo. Yall can guess on what he is...I am not telling yall nothing else lol

Deuces

How do you know she didn't want encouragement to do that which involves staying on God's path. If you get stuck place ur family in Christ is supposed to help u..unless you want to just stay where r u ...which shows theres no intention to grow....

mstrublvr

kim Then say you want/need encouragement as opposed to posing a question that you already have your answer to. So why don't you look up who the OP is and encourage her. Problem solved.

makeupgirl

Again funny. Please don't speak for my God. And the quote you use will damn every bible maker because that's exactly what the KJ version did and all others after it. As a matter fact, you should chuck your bible so you don't get punished too for reading a twisted word. Seriously people take it down a notch.

Only thing I can do is pray for you BUT first here is my 2 cents. You've give us yours at least you can do is to listen to mine.

The word of God is not suppose to be compromised in any way, shape or form. You believe what you want to believe but do not knock us who believe what thus saith the Lord. I can't speak for anyone but myself when I say, I rather receive ridicule, rejection and bull from mankind, then face God and have to tell him why I chose to stand against him. So, my advice to you is if you don't like what is being told, don't come to a christian forum. That's common sense right there because you're going to get expose to scripture, don't like it, not open minded to it, then don't come on the forum until you understand what the christian forums is truly all about because I just don't believe you get it.

As harsh as it may sound but I'm tired of being told to take it down a notch for my belief. Everyone, human, cat, fish, snake, dog alike have the right to stand for their right and beliefs. My belief is what the Lord God Almighty has spoken in his word, from creation to salvation to the end times to the new heaven and earth. That's what I believe. Sorry to burst thy bubble but that is not changing anytime soon.

mstrublvr

makeupgirl Did you even understand my response? Check your Christian history. My problem with some Christians is the same I have with some other religion's zealots...yall throw scriptures at folks, often times misinterpretating them and basically are not open to another's opinions. So much historically is done wrong in the name of religion and with a verse to back it up...I can see why after this discussion. Shameful. Some focus solely on the righteousness of Christ but none of the humanity and humility. And dare another Christian, and I am, who has a different opinion voice it...

I can see as well why some of you are not open to a non-Christian man...you can't even have a discussion with a Christian woman of a different viewpoint without questioning my religion. I never once questioned your love of God..eventhough some attitudes gave me pause and reminded me of the old saying "even the devil knows scripture..he was there when it was written and always in church."

Yep..stick to your own kind for sure. Best advice I can give. I am in full agreement with you.

makeupgirl

@makeupgirl Did you even understand my response? Check your Christian history. My problem with some Christians is the same I have with some other religion's zealots...yall throw scriptures at folks, often times misinterpretating them and basically are not open to another's opinions. So much historically is done wrong in the name of religion and with a verse to back it up...I can see why after this discussion. Shameful. Some focus solely on the righteousness of Christ but none of the humanity and humility. And dare another Christian, and I am, who has a different opinion voice it...

I can see as well why some of you are not open to a non-Christian man...you can't even have a discussion with a Christian woman of a different viewpoint without questioning my religion. I never once questioned your love of God..eventhough some attitudes gave me pause and reminded me of the old saying "even the devil knows scripture..he was there when it was written and always in church."

Yep..stick to your own kind for sure. Best advice I can give. I am in full agreement with you.

I miss Pandora for my broadway songs... West side story.

Anyhoo......I don't know what to tell ya at this point. Like my mama said, can't beat a dead horse to death. I'm just going to handle this over to the Lord and let him handle it.

Catch ya on the flip side.

Guitarhero

I worship the God of the Holy Bible, but there is a big issue with saying that the very people who deny Jesus' deity (which is majorly essential to Christian belief) worship the same God.

A history and theology class can cure the confusion. Just saying. I know what you mean, but this is a disservice to those of the Abrahamic faith who are being told they don't worshp the One True G-d. :nono: I understand, though, from your point of view because probably you think that the only people going to heaven are those who confess Jesus as L-rd on earth. Am I right in that assumption? I understand your point of view.

Poohbear

Poohbear, I understand that. There are some denominations that according to Christian doctrine, shouldn't be there. I also agree that Jesus would not have wanted these denominations. I have no answer for that but that all that should matter are the essentials of Christian beliefs. If you go by that standard alone, that automatically eliminates Muslims, Jews, and everyone else (including some "christian" denominations) who do not believe what Christianity preaches.

fifi134 - Even the essentials of Christian beliefs differ among Christians. With all of these different denominations, there is no standard alone to go by. Once you mention a belief that you believe is standard, you'll have someone of a different Christian denomination say "You're wrong. The bible says this." Then you'll be like, "No, you're wrong. The bible says that." It's like everyone picks and chooses scriptures to support their belief, standards, or what they have been taught growing up within that Christian denomination or sect. We see this all the time here in the Christian Fellowship forum. For example, Christians may believe "once saved, always saved" while others will believe Christians can "lose your salvation". Both parties have scriptures to support their notion. So who's to say which one is the standard or essential belief? Because of this, this would not eliminate other religions out of the equation when it comes to various views on God. Maybe Atheist since they do not believe in God at all.

fifi134

A history and theology class can cure the confusion. Just saying. I know what you mean, but this is a disservice to those of the Abrahamic faith who are being told they don't worshp the One True G-d. :nono: I understand, though, from your point of view because probably you think that the only people going to heaven are those who confess Jesus as L-rd on earth. Am I right in that assumption? I understand your point of view.

Yes you are right in that assumption. And I believe so because the Bible says so.

John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

fifi134

@fifi134 - Even the essentials of Christian beliefs differ among Christians. With all of these different denominations, there is no standard alone to go by. Once you mention a belief that you believe is standard, you'll have someone of a different Christian denomination say "You're wrong. The bible says this." Then you'll be like, "No, you're wrong. The bible says that." It's like everyone picks and chooses scriptures to support their belief, standards, or what they have been taught growing up within that Christian denomination or sect. We see this all the time here in the Christian Fellowship forum. For example, Christians may believe "once saved, always saved" while others will believe Christians can "lose your salvation". Both parties have scriptures to support their notion. So who's to say which one is the standard or essential belief? Because of this, this would not eliminate other religions out of the equation when it comes to various views on God. Maybe Atheist since they do not believe in God at all.

The essentials are things no denominations should disagree on. For example, the Triune God, salvation by grace alone, justification by faith alone, Jesus being the only Way to the Father, etc. etc. All of this is in the Bible. It is biblical theology, so there should be no disagreements about that. There should be no question of what you "believe" is the standard, the standard is what is written in the Bible. If denominations have issues with what the Bible is preaching on such essentials, I would question their beliefs.

Using your example, how would there be conficting views on the permanence of a believer's salvation? That would mean there are contradictions, but we know the Bible has no contradictions; whatever He has said, is true.

mstrublvr

we know the Bible has no contradictions; whatever He has said, is true.

I say this with the utmost respect to your beliefs..please take a religion class. The bible was pieced together and had many different writers over thousands of years. It was taken from verbal stories, to written stories, translated from dead languages..to arabic, hebrew, greek, latin..debated, discussed, reviewed, tweaked. The church during the KJV times didnt have the highest views of women so conveniently left out some books about female prophets..where's the book of Enoch..I mean truly. In all due respect to a fellow Christian - take a religion class.

Thats all I have to say. Ok back to my spectator seat..

Poohbear

The essentials are things no denominations should disagree on. For example, the Triune God, salvation by grace alone, justification by faith alone, Jesus being the only Way to the Father, etc. etc. All of this is in the Bible. It is biblical theology, so there should be no disagreements about that. There should be no question of what you "believe" is the standard, the standard is what is written in the Bible. If denominations have issues with what the Bible is preaching on such essentials, I would question their beliefs.

Using your example, how would there be conficting views on the permanence of a believer's salvation? That would mean there are contradictions, but we know the Bible has no contradictions; whatever He has said, is true.

There is disagreements among Christians on those "essential" things you listed. And Christians can point bible verses to prove it. I'm assuming you have not met alot of different people with different views on fundamental Christian beliefs. That's okay. Not sure how old you are but once you start meeting more people, whether it's in the world or online, you'll see what I'm talking about.

mstrublvr

There is disagreements among Christians on those "essential" things you listed. And Christians can point bible verses to prove it. I'm assuming you have not met alot of different people with different views on fundamental Christian beliefs. That's okay. Not sure how old you are but once you start meeting more people, whether it's in the world or online, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yep, I was reading through one going on now in this forum re Catholicism. Good thread..the fighting is down to a minimum and they are really having class over there. Learned quite a bit about them that I didnt know.

fifi134

Can you provide some examples of such denominations then? With the bible verses they point to?

makeupgirl

I say this with the utmost respect to your beliefs..please take a religion class. The bible was pieced together and had many different writers over thousands of years. It was taken from verbal stories, to written stories, translated from dead languages..to arabic, hebrew, greek, latin..debated, discussed, reviewed, tweaked. The church during the KJV times didnt have the highest views of women so conveniently left out some books about female prophets..where's the book of Enoch..I mean truly. In all due respect to a fellow Christian - take a religion class.

Thats all I have to say. Ok back to my spectator seat..

This is actually a good idea. I've actually taken a religion class (well it was part philosophy as well) but it did offer a lot of info to the different religions out there, even to the religions I've never heard of but my professor focus more on the philosophy part than the religion part. I didn't have a choice since it was apart of my curriculum (my major is business)

I might actually look into this. :grin:

mstrublvr

This is actually a good idea. I've actually taken a religion class (well it was part philosophy as well) but it did offer a lot of info to the different religions out there, even to the religions I've never heard of but my professor focus more on the philosophy part than the religion part. I didn't have a choice since it was apart of my curriculum (my major is business)

I might actually look into this. :grin:

I highly recommend it. I learned the difference between a Sikh and Hindu..that was actually my professor's intro..he said we will never look at those two the same again lol he was right. I found out what Scientology is actually about...Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism...Sunni vs Shiite Muslim..It was pretty interesting. You will get some history and world geography thrown in too, because alot of religions are affected by the cultural climate at the time.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan

Ladies, a religion class will allow you to pick up some pieces of information that may or may not add value to your faith and understanding. As one who has constantly taken religion classes--Christian and otherwise--from age five through 22, I can say full well that Chistian orthodoxy as it has been passed down since the apostles is intellectually and historically sound. Many people like to play on the assumed ignorance of Christian believers to prove a point. But as the saying goes, "A little learning is a dangerous thing..."

Remember that just as there are scholars and skeptics sitting back throwing darts at your faith because they are claiming to know more, there are equally qualified and learned scholars backing your beliefs and supporting what you have known and been taught is the truth.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

I highly recommend it. I learned the difference between a Sikh and Hindu..that was actually my professor's intro..he said we will never look at those two the same again lol he was right. I found out what Scientology is actually about...Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism...Sunni vs Shiite Muslim..It was pretty interesting. You will get some history and world geography thrown in too, because alot of religions are affected by the cultural climate at the time.

Sounds interesting...I'm a nerd anyway :lol: I'll wait until my degree is finished then I'll add this to my outside my major list of classes to take.

It's filling up too:

Fashion Design
Fashion Marketing
Cooking 101
Baking
Ballet
Auto repair
Karate
Swimming
Now Religion.