AVEDA Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate

comike

I use the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate as directed as a pre-shampoo treatment but I was reading reviews on this treatment on makeupalley.com and a few reviewers state they use it as a leave-in conditioner. For those that use the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate, have you tried to use it other than as directed on the bottle (e.g., as a post shampoo conditioner, leave-in conditioner)?

mrsbookworm

I love this as a pre-shampoo treatment, but I've never thought about using it as a leave-in. Keep us posted if you try it.

jellynote

mrsbookworm said:
I love this as a pre-shampoo treatment, but I've never thought about using it as a leave-in. Keep us posted if you try it.

I too only use this as a pre poo treatment, but I also use the sap moss poo and con and I love this line so far.:D

carcajada

I use it on my roots as a deep conditioner and I rinse out, not shampoo out. With this experience, it doesn't fully come out of my hair - which would seem similar to the effect of having it as a leave-in. I like it as a deep condition because I have coarse hair that likes grease, but others may find it too greasy or weighing down their hair.

janeemat

I've been using this for over a month now. I shampoo lightly and then put it on my scalp. I then put my cond on my hair and sit under the dryer for 30 min. I do not poo again, just rinse.

SohoHair

I've used it as a leave in before and gotten good results with it. I only used a very small amount however but I was still very pleased. I have since purchased the Aveda Elixir and use that as my leave-in instead, that bottle of Sap Moss was too small and too precious to me to be using it up quickly by using it as a pre-poo AND a leave in!:look: :lol:

chenai

I got this as a christmas present from my sister-in law who swears by it. She uses it as per the instructions (leaving in for 10 mins on damp hair) she does not shampoo it out, she rinses it out the proceeds to dc. She has told me that when you add water to it, it foams up and leaves her hair clean without stripping it. I have not tried it yet as my hair is in braids but I posted for others who may like to try using it like this.

LaPaciencia

I just got through using it per instructions BUT I followed it up with the Jane Carter Condish to detangle (no shampoo).

Cleve_gryl

:love: I used this as a leave in tonight. After my rollerset, my hair was so soft and shiny it looked like it was wet. Will try this a few more times as a leave in to see what it does.

Butterfly08

I've used a small amount to moisturize my roots and ends, and left it in a few days before washing it out. I liked the results.