Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Stick with air drying and body heat!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaRKNLuVLy

I couldn't find a thread on this, but I'm kinda interested in getting something mostly for my DC treatments. I would also like to try a roller set sometime soon and air drying a roller set didnt work so well for me.... All I have is a blow dryer and after I put my plastic cap on, I use the blow dryer for about 5 minutes for heat :ohwell: and just use body heat for about an hour.
I'm torn between a hooded dryer, Soft bonnet dryer, Blow dryer attachment, and a hair steamer Which do you ladies suggest?

Americka

Welcome to LHCF!

First of all, if you are looking for appliances to dry your hair, you might want to eliminate hair steamers. Steamers do not dry - they are used to infuse additional moisture into the hair during dc'ing and hair coloring.

As for the remaining three options, that depends on what kind of budget and/or limitations you are working with. If space and money are an issue, you might want to go with a blow dryer attachment. Those are relatively inexpensive. Next on the list are the soft bonnet hair dryers. If purchasing online, they run from about 20 bucks to 50 bucks. They allow you more freedom of movement than a hard bonnet dryer and they dry the hair in a reasonable amount of time. Hard bonnet dryers are more restrictive since they must be in a fixed position. They can be louder and hotter, but tend to dry the hair much faster than their soft bonnet counterparts.

I own a soft bonnet because it is more comfortable and takes up less space. I got mine from here. Hope this helps!

DaRKNLuVLy

Welcome to LHCF!

First of all, if you are looking for appliances to dry your hair, you might want to eliminate hair steamers. Steamers do not dry - they are used to infuse additional moisture into the hair during dc'ing and hair coloring.

As for the remaining three options, that depends on what kind of budget and/or limitations you are working with. If space and money are an issue, you might want to go with a blow dryer attachment. Those are relatively inexpensive. Next on the list are the soft bonnet hair dryers. If purchasing online, they run from about 20 bucks to 50 bucks. They allow you more freedom of movement than a hard bonnet dryer and they dry the hair in a reasonable amount of time. Hard bonnet dryers are more restrictive since they must be in a fixed position. They can be louder and hotter, but tend to dry the hair much faster than their soft bonnet counterparts.

I own a soft bonnet because it is more comfortable and takes up less space. I got mine from here. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your input! 20-50 bucks sound good to me!!