Biotin 5,000mcg or MORE...pls vote...

Have you taken 5000mcg of BIOTIN or more....

• Biotin just made my hair grow

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • Biotin just made my nails grow

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Yes Biotin gave me unwanted facial hair

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • yes Biotin gave me unwanted body hair

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Yes it gave me unwanted body/facial hair but things have gone back to normal

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Yes Biotin gave me unwanted body/facial hair ...its still there.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Biotin was fine for me even taking 5000mcg or more.

Votes: 94 57.3%

• Total voters

skegeesmb

I voted it works for me fine. I do break out when I take it, but I use a medicated face wash and it clears my sking right up. The bioton helps with my hair growth and nail growth.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I don't take Biotin for hair. I take Biotin 5000mcg to keep my face clear of acne. I haven't really noticed a difference in hair growth.

joib

I just started taking biotin and so far so good. I am currently taking 3500 mcg per day and plan to increase after a month of usage.

ellehair

You can drink all the water in the world but if your body doesnt like it its gonna tell you. I dont neccessary think Ive gotten faster growth from biotin I think it just helped with thickening my hair and retention. I take up to 10mg of biotin daily. My skin is actually doing better then it has in the past. But I only drink water so I flush the excess out of my system. Have you tried MSM? I also use retin A off on and on since 06 and I love that stuff.

My doc just prescribed and form of retin A when I went, I havent had any outbreaks since I stopped the biotin and have been using the gel... I was taking MSM as well but started that after the biotin but my face broke out before and after taking the msm while on Biotin.. I just take a multi vitamin now, and that shoud suffice for me:ohwell:

mstar

Luxury bacon
Update: my hair growth rate of .75 inches per month has continued, even though I'm no longer taking biotin.

I had cut back to 1000 mcg per day, and the acne flared right up again. So no more biotin for me, ever. My body doesn't like it.

bnatural

I started taking 3000 mcg of biotin in June and about a month ago I increased it to 5000 mcg. No problems so far. My nails are super strong and long but I haven't really noticed a big difference in my hair yet.

sharifeh

I'm not very good at noticing differences in my hair but I take 5,000 to 10,000 mcg a day with no breakouts. I used to take it with vitamin B because I was paranoid of breakouts but now I don't anymore and it hasn't done anything to my face so far.
But my hair and nails, I'm really bad at picking up on that kind of stuff. I'd like to think it's helping though

SpiritJunkie

i took 1,000 mcg 3x's a day. I did get facial hair but i also got long nails and growth spurts (hair) but you really do need to balance it with alot of water.

bablou00

My doc just prescribed and form of retin A when I went, I havent had any outbreaks since I stopped the biotin and have been using the gel... I was taking MSM as well but started that after the biotin but my face broke out before and after taking the msm while on Biotin.. I just take a multi vitamin now, and that shoud suffice for me:ohwell:

Retin A will do wonders and keep on using it for as long as u can as it helps with fine lines/wrinkles. I think your multi vit will do just fine and a good diet that has biotin and sulfur. Good luck to u sister

BonBon

I read the threads before I picked my doseage.

My nape hair was broken off almost bald and hasn't been growing/retaining for several months now and I tried hair and skin tablets + boundless tresses with no results.

Have been taking 2,500 Biotin, Amino plex tabs and hair skin and nails tabs. My nape has grown long enough to make tiny braids now within a week or so of use. No side effects yet.

dcprdiva

biotin works for me - I just have to take it every other day because of the break outs. my new growth comes in thick/fast and now must relax every six weeks.

poookie

i only take a total of 4000 mcg per day, but here's what i've noticed:

when i started taking biotin, for the first few days, i had sore spots on my scalp, & got a few *extremely* painful acne cysts. also, spots on my face would feel very sensitive to the touch.

after continuously taking biotin for 2 weeks, all of the symptoms totally disappeared. i've been taking at least 2000 mcg since January, and haven't had any problems since.

as long as your consistent with it, your body will become used to it, and the symptoms will go away. for me, the temporary acne was worth the growth spurts in my nails, eyebrows, eyelashes, & hair.

pisceschica

I took two 5,000 mcg biotin..and I noticed great progress with my hair I also used hair vitamins with 2,000 mcg biotin. The daily 12,000 mcg dose of biotin = break out city.

So have reduced it to 7,000 mcg

Kimbosheart

A manicurist cut my nails really short so I temporarily upped my biotin intake to 24000mcg for like 2-3 weeks. I didn't notice any new or strange body hairs. I had to shave at the same interval. My head always had that tingly growing type feeling though. Oh and my skin remained clear. I did take an extra B-complex vitamin to go along with such a high dosage of biotin though and I probably shouldn't have take such a high dosage for so long. I'm back down to 5000 mcg - 10000mcg depending on my mood that day.

Glamorous_chic

well, after researching multiple threads about biotin, i take close to 13mg.day. i take 2 5mg tabs, and a hsn vitamin that contains 3mg. it sounds like alot, but i found that if i take a vitamin c supplement, and a b complex, and make sure to wash with an acne wash, and exfloiate daily, and pay extra attention to my skin, i dont get as many breakouts. i normally suffer from acne, so it wasnt a huge deal for me to get a few extra bumps. however, the pimples you do get, are more cystic like, and occur in the chin area. but i've found that with the additional measures i take, the breakouts are few and far between. i have noticed that my eyebrows grow like crazy, and i often have to get them tweezed or waxed. (i used to always have thin eyebrows, so this is new.) i also have to wax/shave everywhere alleast once/week. again, this is unusual for me, b/c i'm not a hairy person. i never used to have to shave my legs bc i never had hair on my legs. i've noticed that my hair has grown alot more, to lengths that i've never had. and everyone has noticed and comments. so, if i can stick to my vitamin regimin, i can hopefully reach my goals within the next year or two. the only area i've found hair growing, is above my upper lip, and it's not noticeable, but it did freak me out when i first noticed it. other than that, no chest hair, or chin hair, or other crazy place hair shouldn't be growing.

Mizkajun

Hello ladies!

Do you take the biotin and after a while take the other vits or do you take the biotin and the multivit simultaneously?

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin along with Ultra Mega Multi Vitamin with Iron and Ultra Nourish Hair. I am hairy anyway so :look: nothing unusual. I take them at night with orange juice.

Vonnieluvs08

I take 5mg of Biotin once a day. When I first started taking (Feb) it I had lots of break outs and I stopped for 3wks. When I started back I added in vitamin B and more liquids and I didn't have any break outs. I have been taking 3000-4500mg of MSM (for hair and joints) at the same time and when I stopped the biotin I was still a lil pimply so I don't think it was the biotin by itself. My skin is the healthiest its ever been now. I use a natural bar soap and Aveeno moisturizer and that's it.

My hair is a lot healthier but I wouldn't say it grows much faster than before probably .5-.74inches a month. My life in general is a lot healthier than before so that contributes. My nails are a lot stronger and grow a lil faster than before.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I take about 5,000mcg's of Biotin. I am currently rotating between those and HairStimulator Vitamins.

I also have Jason Biotin, Millcreek Biotin and Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner's in my Product Arsenal.:grin:

pisceschica

I started back up with my 10,000 mcg of biotin a day. The past few weeks I have been using neutrogena healthy skin rejuvenator and then a skin peel which has helped to keep the breakouts at bay; that was the only issue I was having with biotin and it has been solved.

Mizkajun

Have you seen much growth from this amount of biot and hairstim?

I take about 5,000mcg's of Biotin. I am currently rotating between those and HairStimulator Vitamins.

I also have Jason Biotin, Millcreek Biotin and Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner's in my Product Arsenal.:grin:

Nice Lady

Believe it or not I take close to 11,000 mcg of Biotin. I have at times increased it to 14,000 mcg but it was too much for my body, then I got some bumps. However, I drink a ton of water and exercise weekly so my skin is fine. Thank God I have never had hair grow anywhere.

CurlyMoo

Believe it or not I take close to 11,000 mcg of Biotin. I have at times increased it to 14,000 mcg but it was too much for my body, then I got some bumps. However, I drink a ton of water and exercise weekly so my skin is fine. Thank God I have never had hair grow anywhere.

Are you noticing any increased growth rates?

Ltown

Greyland
I've done some research on biotin and can not find any reason it causes acne there is no claim to side effect but many of us get the acne. I have eczema/acne skin and biotin suppose to be great but the extra breakout suck and I drink gallon of water a day:wallbash:

Kerryann

ive been taking 10,000 biotin for say over 2 months now but i really havent noticed any extra growth on my head but fast growth of leg hair which is what i hardly had before and fast growth in that other area TMI i know

BellaLunie

Hi kerryann,

wow do think you get better results with taking them at once? Hav you ever taken the hairfinity? I'm wondering if can take the biotin and hairfinity together.

Thanks!

Don't waste your time with Hairfinity. I bought 2 months supply and the biotin and msm I was taking gave me more growth. I take 10,ooo of biotin(Solgar brand) and 8,000 Msm(Vitamin Shoppe powder)