Black Friday hair deals

flowinlocks

For those who received their Hairveda orders, did you receive a shipping notice? I haven't received one, and I ordered pretty early...can't remember what time though. I'm so excited to get my package. I received my Qhemet order very quickly, as well as my Shescentit package.

TIA! :grin:

Yes on Dec.8th. It was shipped by USPS.

VinDieselsWifey

i just received my Darcy's Botanicals today! :grin: i ordered the Daily Leave-In conditioner in Juicy Peach & the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. She also gave me a free sample of the Winter Spice Hair & Body Oil. The leave in and body oil smell soooooooooooo freaking good! :yep: i can't really smell anything in the styling creme. i smell a faint smell of vanilla. i'm in braids now so i wil try them when they come out.

I'm still waiting on my Qhemet & Hairveda orders. i'm gonna be out of town for Christmas and the mailman usually leaves packages outside of my door. i don't want them sitting out like that while i'm gone. :ohwell:

hopefully they'll get here by the 23rd.

labelfree

I got my order from Bejia Flor today I love the scent I got for the Coco Mango Buttercream and the texture is nice.

The Creme Brulee was filled to the top but I can't quite figure out the scent.

She also sent me a sample of her Whipped Cocoa Mango Butter.

I also got the order Darcy's Botanicals reshipped for me she is beyond sweet she sent me another sample of her oil and a new jar of the Avocado and Honey Twisting Cream :yep: Now that's great customer service

TrustMeLove

Lysandra from DB is really cool. She replied to my email in 2 hours and was so nice. I'm still waiting on the mail man to get here. Out of all days he want to be late today.. KNOWING he is caring my package. This fool better show up. I'm super jelly of you ladies who have ON TIME mail men. :lachen:

I jus thave a feeling I'm going to love DB. She's been Aces from the start when I placed my order w/o the code, because it wasn't working, and the next day she gave me a 25% refund. :yep:

I'll give the blow by blow of my product scents etc when it arrives.

TrustMeLove

Please review the Beija Flor when you use it...I'm still waiting on a shipping notice from them. The ingredients were so great on the Creme Brulee I had to get it...I got that and the Hemp Butter Cream.

LaToya28

:yep::yep:

Also, there's an unspoken contract of selling personal-care items over the internet.

Since there are usually no returns allowed, and we can't see/feel/smell the product before we buy, we're taking a huge leap of faith by ordering from these companies. In return, their CS is supposed to be above and beyond, they should always include samples, etc.

It's part of the personal touch that sets e-tailers apart from larger businesses. But many of these black haircare companies are acting like they're Sephora. They've got it all twisted.

ITA with the bolded! It really upsets me when a company does not send me samples!

WesternEyes

I have so far tried two of Darcy's Botanical products. The Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner is great! It's thick and creamy and really conditioned my hair. It felt soft and healthy after I rinsed it out. I think I will use this as a deep conditioner. Then I was really surprised with the Madagascar Vanilla Creme. It made my hair shiny and silky. I thought it would be too heavy but it's not, my hair felt soooo healthy. I used it on my airdried bun, i'll try it with a twist out eventually. So far so good! :up:

TrustMeLove

:yay: I received my Darcy Botanials. :dance7:

It was packaged very well! I love the smells of everything! I too also received a failry large 1 oz sample of the Winter Spice Hair and Body oil.

I don't expect samples. So this was a surprise and a really nice gesture. It screams I HAVE A BUSINESS MODEL! :lachen:

I'm just feeling this company and I haven't even used the products. Here is what I bought.

* New Daily Leave-In COnditioner in Pina Colada (Smells yummy filled well)
*New Herbal Tea Leave-In Conditioning Spritz
*New Avocado & Honey Twisting Cream ( I thought I bought the plum because I wanted something glycerine free. I guess not. Smells like pledge very similar to what Qhemets AOHC smells like in my opinion)
*Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme (Very faint carnival vanilla scent)
*Peach Kernel Natural Curls) Hydrating Milk

I'm going to wash my hair to night and try these products out on a fresh wash. I was just going to use it on top of this mess, but I MIGHT wash.

2 Thumbs up to Qhemet and Darcy's Botanicals for their fast shipping of my products. :yep:

La Colocha

Darcy's etsy store is back open. If anyone is interested i emailed her about the sample oils to see if she will carry them in an 8oz size, ill post here when she responds.

Kurlee

To Charzboss, I think you are very right. Also, I think it's unrealistic to expect these companies to change scents that often and be "customizable". All ingredients, oils, no glycerin may not perform as well as the original and may cause inconsistency issues. It's easier to stick to a tried and true and tested formula in order to have consistent performance in each batch. I also don't see the point in changing scents every quarter. If something smells nice and customers like it, why change it? And if you offer 50-11 scents, then you really can't plan ahead with making because you don't know who is gonna order how much and in what scent and with what ingredients. I think for a small business that you are probably doing alone, keeping it simple and consistent is probably best. Also, people have lives so maybe the owners work 12 hours a day fulfilling orders and the other 12 eating, taking care of their families and sleeping :look:. There are only so many hours a day. In order to go commercial, there is a lot of you have to give up, especially in the integrity of the products. Look at the formula changes and quality decline in Miss Jessies and Carol's daughter? :nono:

Enough of that, I only ordered Hairveda and it's my first time. Haven't heard a peep, but if it's as popular as it seems, I will probably have to wait until the new year. It's the holidays too, so the mail will be delayed.

Have a question for you guys. I ordered from Beauty by Donna Marie two weeks before BF as they had a 35% off sale. The products came in a timely manner, but one of the leave-ins had been damaged or not screwed on properly as it spilled all over the box and the other products were sticky and had the foam balls stuck to it :look:. I was so pissed because I wanted to try it and it all spilled out. I e-mailed them and sent pictures dating the day I received them. After a long wait, I finally got a response and they basically told me, that I have to contact USPS and I could buy a new one with free shipping :look:. Ummmm hello, shipping was like 20 dollars in the first place for a few things?!!!! Ya'll want to talk about CS?:nono: I'm pissed and disappointed because I wanted to try these products for such a long time and they are actually pretty good.

So long story short, the products I did try are AMAZING especially the Mira Curling Jelly!!! It's better and cheaper than KCCC, but I'm so disappointed, I refuse to give them any more of my business. How good is the Afroveda Curling Custard and how is their customer service? Is it staple worthy? Does it compare to KCCC?

Last edited:

mstar

Luxury bacon
To Charzboss, I think you are very right. Also, I think it's unrealistic to expect these companies to change scents that often and be "customizable". All ingredients, oils, no glycerin may not perform as well as the original and may cause inconsistency issues. It's easier to stick to a tried and true and tested formula in order to have consistent performance in each batch. I also don't see the point in changing scents every quarter. If something smells nice and customers like it, why change it? And if you offer 50-11 scents, then you really can't plan ahead with making because you don't know who is gonna order how much and in what scent and with what ingredients. I think for a small business that you are probably doing alone, keeping it simple and consistent is probably best. Also, people have lives so maybe the owners work 12 hours a day fulfilling orders and the other 12 eating, taking care of their families and sleeping :look:. There are only so many hours a day. In order to go commercial, there is a lot of you have to give up, especially in the integrity of the products. Look at the formula changes and quality decline in Miss Jessies and Carol's daughter? :nono:
I was talking about bath & body etailers when I mentioned seasonal scents and products, LOL. But I do think the hair companies could learn a lot from studying the business practices of some of the young b&b etailers I buy from.

I feel that the retailer needs to know to work with their product, period. When I ask for a scent change, a texture change, mix two formulas together, etc., my favorite etailers do it for me, no questions asked. When I started using a body oil from my favorite company in my hair, the owner asked me if I wanted her to add castor oil or another hair-loving ingredient to make it more hair friendly. These ladies do stuff like this ALL THE TIME for their customers...they love making us happy. In contrast, I saw a blog post where a girl had asked Mala (Afroveda) to omit the aloe vera from a product because she was allergic to it, and Mala said no.

Another example was when Hairveda had a death in the family. I was one of the many who had sent two emails during that period, with no response. They finally sent a mass email a week later explaining about the death. I'm sorry, but I work for myself, too, and if I had an emergency situation, the FIRST thing I would do would be to let my clients know that I'd be unavailable for a while. No freaking way would I just go AWOL for a week, and then come back talking about "Sorry, I had a situation." It's unprofessional, and it's rude, because my clients pay in advance (as do Hairveda's). You have a responsibility to people when you've taken their money.

I know that many people are happy with the substandard service they receive from the hair etailers, but I've been spoiled by the EXCELLENT, personalized service I receive elsewhere. I feel that's what an etailer should be about. It really makes me want to start my own business selling all these products under one roof, because I don't like to see black women's dollars being taken for granted.

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
I was talking about bath & body etailers when I mentioned seasonal scents and products, LOL. But I do think the hair companies could learn a lot from studying the business practices of some of the young b&b etailers I buy from.

I feel that the retailer needs to know to work with their product, period. When I ask for a scent change, a texture change, mix two formulas together, etc., my favorite etailers do it for me, no questions asked. When I started using a body oil from my favorite company in my hair, the owner asked me if I wanted her to add castor oil or another hair-loving ingredient to make it more hair friendly. These ladies do stuff like this ALL THE TIME for their customers...they love making us happy. In contrast, I saw a blog post where a girl had asked Mala (Afroveda) to omit the aloe vera from a product because she was allergic to it, and Mala said no.

Another example was when Hairveda had a death in the family. I was one of the many who had sent two emails during that period, with no response. They finally sent a mass email a week later explaining about the death. I'm sorry, but I work for myself, too, and if I had an emergency situation, the FIRST thing I would do would be to let my clients know that I'd be unavailable for a while. No freaking way would I just go AWOL for a week, and then come back talking about "Sorry, I had a situation." It's unprofessional, and it's rude, because my clients pay in advance (as do Hairveda's). You have a responsibility to people when you've taken their money.

I know that many people are happy with the substandard service they receive from the hair etailers, but I've been spoiled by the EXCELLENT, personalized service I receive elsewhere. I feel that's what an etailer should be about. It really makes me want to start my own business selling all these products under one roof, because I don't like to see black women's dollars being taken for granted.

I agree with the bolded 100%. If something like that happens, people should be notified immediately. I would have been upset if I had an order out during that time. I was really turned off by that. And anyways I don't think BJ even manages the email account, someone else does so what gives....

ETA: And I think that samples with a PURCHASE is a win-win situation. The customer gets to feel special, and the retailer may make sales from people trying the sample. I love getting samples with my stuff.

All I am saying is that people should do their research before ordering products or services from anywhere and make your decision from there. It keeps people from being too disappointed. Companies have an MO, some negative some positive but you must be prepared. It's like I am prepared that Sephora will let me return anything and that Lush will give me samples.

It would be great if I got a 2-3 day turn around with my packages from HV. But I know right now that's not going to happen. Hell, if it really affected HV's business I am sure the necessary changes would be made. But apparently they are still doing very well.

Last edited:

WesternEyes

How good is the Afroveda Curling Custard and how is their customer service? Is it staple worthy? Does it compare to KCCC?

I really like Afroveda Curly custard. My hair didn't agree with kccc. I think they are two totally different products. Maybe you could try their sample butter set to see which one you like. But I've ordered from Afroveda three times and have really enjoyed their customer service and products. Very high quality. I put an order after black friday, because I know I can expect good service.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Anymore reviews for Afroveda Curly Custard and Pur Whipped Gelly?

I liked both of them. The PUR has much more hold and is good for edges. They kinda made my hair hard at times when I did a WnG with them all through my hair, but my hair is sensitive to aloe vera sometimes.

The Curly Custard smells like orange sherbert and the Pur Gelly smells like light vanilla.

So I like them for slicking back ponytails and buns.

I did a review on my youtube on them. The link is in my siggy.

HTH

Skiggle

Anymore reviews for Afroveda Curly Custard and Pur Whipped Gelly?

They actually changed the name to curly define
now.
I have the sample and I used it before I redid
my kinky twists.
It has a wonderful citrus candy smell, orange I believe.
It is not too greasy and it is moisturizing.
I feel that it isn't as moisturizing as the shea alama
though.The texture is like thin frosting and its easy to apply.
I would use this to twist my hair. I never
tried it for a wash and go.

Last edited:

Kurlee

thanks for the reviews guys! i really hope the afroveda can replace the donna marie products. I really need a surefire wash and go product. kccc was good, but getting expensive.

TrustMeLove

I liked both of them. The PUR has much more hold and is good for edges. They kinda made my hair hard at times when I did a WnG with them all through my hair, but my hair is sensitive to aloe vera sometimes.

The Curly Custard smells like orange sherbert and the Pur Gelly smells like light vanilla.

So I like them for slicking back ponytails and buns.

I did a review on my youtube on them. The link is in my siggy.

HTH

I ordered PUR Whipped Gelly. Do you think the hardness would decrease if I put Shea Amla on before I put the PUR Whipped?

Because I want to use it to hold styles, but w/o the crunchy feeling.

Last edited:

Kurlee

oh yea! how is the definition and shine with it? Does it last for more than one day? I have to rewatch ur reviews charzboss. Saw them a while ago.

TrustMeLove

thanks for the reviews guys! i really hope the afroveda can replace the donna marie products. I really need a surefire wash and go product. kccc was good, but getting expensive.

That's really a shame how they did you...I wanted to orer a few products from them. Mainly the Mira Curl stuff, but I don't like how they handled your situation. :nono:

You won't get my money. Believe that...I don't care how awesome your product is...if you treat your customers like garbage it makes me think about who you are as a person. And it isn't looking good.

Skiggle

I ordered PUR Whipped Gelly. Do you think the hardness would decrease if I put Shea Amla on before I put the PUR Whipped?

Charzboss is right, you shouldn't use
too much of the gelly. The end results will be crunchy
hair.. With her products a little goes along
way. I would suggest using the shea alma and then the gelly.
I use less than a dime size amount on a two strand twist . I bought the 8oz jar a month ago and its still pretty full!
Your twists will be shiny and soft!!!
And your twist outs will be :lick:

Charz

Sinister Minister

How does you hair react to aloe vera? Shea Amla has a little hold itself because it is aloe vera based, not water based. Your hair actaully might get a little more crunchy using both together while loose. Twists and braids should be ok.

Find a nice water base possibly to put under the PUR. I used shescentit's cococream leave in conditioner and my hair reacted better to the combo then using PUR alone. I was still trying to find the perfect combo, but then it because winter and I don't do WnG's in the winter.

With KCCC which is a holding product, I used a leave-in under it and an oil over it for softer hair.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Charzboss is right, you shouldn't use
too much of the gelly. The end results will be crunchy
hair.. With her products a little goes along
way. I would suggest using the shea alma and then the gelly.
I use less than a dime size amount on a two strand twist . I bought the 8oz jar a month ago and its still pretty full!
Your twists will be shiny and soft!!!
And your twist outs will be :lick:

Oh you are right about the twists! With twists that would be great, but on loose hair, it might be too much especially in the winter.

Kurlee

That's really a shame how they did you...I wanted to orer a few products from them. Mainly the Mira Curl stuff, but I don't like how they handled your situation. :nono:

You won't get my money. Believe that...I don't care how awesome your product is...if you treat your customers like garbage it makes me think about who you are as a person. And it isn't looking good.

totally agree. The Mira Curling Jelly is probably the best styling product I have ever used on my hair:blush:. Just gives it shine definition, hold, moisture and lasts days. Sighhhhhhhhhh, oh well, Kccc is a close second and i'm sure afroveda will be good when i try them the next sale:yep:. They way ya'll have been anxiously waiting for your orders and charzboss' reviews, it must be good! Hopefully I will find a staple. Her pricing for the 32oz. is to my liking.:grin: Ya'll turning a reformed PJ into a straight junkie:perplexed:look: :sekret:

Charz

Sinister Minister
totally agree. The Mira Curling Jelly is probably the best styling product I have ever used on my hair:blush:. Just gives it shine definition, hold, moisture and lasts days. Sighhhhhhhhhh, oh well, Kccc is a close second and i'm sure afroveda will be good when i try them the next sale:yep:. They way ya'll have been anxiously waiting for your orders and charzboss' reviews, it must be good! Hopefully I will find a staple. Her pricing for the 32oz. is to my liking.:grin: Ya'll turning a reformed PJ into a straight junkie:perplexed:look: :sekret:

KCCC is def my favorite. I can send you a sample of the CC, i don't remember if you have tried it or not. PM me if you wanna try some.

Skiggle

Charzboss, I just watched you review about the Prana Conditioner.
Did you use as a Deep Conditioner?
I heard good reviews as a deep conditioner
but your reviews usually seal the deal for me... lol

Charz

Sinister Minister

I couldn't DC with it. The smell really bothers me. I can't imagine it sitting in my hair for an hour under the steamer. It's also very thin.

It might work really well as a DC. But I can't give you an opinion on it.

Sorry!

Charz

Sinister Minister

Thanks for the compliment :blush: