Black Friday hair deals

Eisani

Nothing yet, but I didn't order on BF. I think I ordered the following Monday.

Still waiting on Jasmine's and Shescentit. I'm not even tripping, I have plenty of ish and I know how these sales can be. Y'all know I love me some Hairveda, but ain't no way I'd order during the BF sale. Last year it took some people well over a month to receive their products. That's why I say over and over again, DO YOUR HOMEWORK before ordering from any vendor, don't just get amped up on the positive reviews and place an order without really knowing what you're getting in to. That way you can make an informed decision.
Yes, I quoted myself. I don't know how many different ways this can be said.

My Shescentit and Jasmine's came yesterday, but I didn't get back in town until this morning.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I actually appreciate the negative feedback because these experiences really let me know that I don't need anything that these vendors are offering.

I didn't order anything this BF based on last years reviews (but I didn't want to disrupt this thread to say so) and it's more than likely I won't order anything next year based on these reviews. Call me crazy, but I expect regular folks to learn from their previous mistakes, business owners doubly so because this is their livelyhood.

Thank you to everybody who shared their feedback. It definitely helps me to make an informed decision.

Truth

Still patiently waiting on Afroveda.. I got an empty tracking number, Got the number, no trackin info, so i'm guessing they're working on that...

manter26

I actually appreciate the negative feedback because these experiences really let me know that I don't need anything that these vendors are offering.

I didn't order anything this BF based on last years reviews (but I didn't want to disrupt this thread to say so) and it's more than likely I won't order anything next year based on these reviews. Call me crazy, but I expect regular folks to learn from their previous mistakes, business owners doubly so because this is their livelyhood.

Thank you to everybody who shared their feedback. It definitely helps me to make an informed decision.

This is my first experience ordering from any of these vendors and I really didn't have high expectations. Any online vendor usually ships within 24 hours (maybe 48 at the most) and packages usually arrive within a week and a half to any destination. I figured giving these vendors a MONTH, 30 days, to get the stuff to my doorstep, was being very generous.

While both vendors answered my emails about my orders, Afroveda actually sent information specifically about my order. Her one-person-team set out a schedule with goals for when each order that month would be shipped. As printed on her website, I emailed after the 8th day of not hearing anything (really the 9th b/c I count midnight as being Thursday night). My tracking info was sent on the 9/10th day. It didn't ship at that time, but I least I knew something was happening.

Hairveda, on the other hand, replied to my email and said just wait and check some non-existent order status link on the website. Her site lists a shipment time of 5 days during regular business and 10 days during sales. I'm now told that I should expect shipment after 20 business days, aka 30 calendar days. As a business woman myself, it seems ludicrous to me to put estimations in writing when you feel it's okay to overshoot them by 100%. Apparently there are all these tools that supposedly track shipment dates based on the day the order was placed...none of which exist. The blogger is aware that the shipping calendar has not been updated since July, but the company continues to glide through busy seasons with no plan of execution in place.

Furthermore, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why my package hasn't shipped or why I haven't been given an expected ship date. I ordered 3 items at 1AM on BF. Posters with large orders and small orders going near and far have received their items. ...Maybe I should stop trying to understand the logic and (and like some posters say) just wait around until Jan. or Feb. for my Nov. order to arrive at my doorstep. I just REFUSE to believe they are so backed up that they haven't gotten to orders from the 2nd hour of their sale from over 2 weeks ago...

When all is said and done, whether I purchase again depends on the products. Small business or not, customer service, timeliness, planning and execution is expected. If they really can't keep up with the flow of customers, they need to limit the amount of product available for sale on the website...and doing so might actually make it more appealing to new customers. Even HSN and all the huge phone/online retailers do this.

Anywho..."you've seen bad reviews before" is not an excuse. I would be satisfied if they at least had a plan of action in place with at least a goal of when all BF orders should be completed.

BrownEyez22

Hey ladies: I received my packages from Jasmine's. The Sugar and Walnut Cream Scrub smell's wonderful, I can't wait to try it.

I am so glad she placed the packages in a ziplock bag, because my mail person didn't put my package on the porch, he placed it in the yard on a bench:sad:. My Dad just happened to see the package a few mins ago and it has been a lil rainey. I don't know how long it was out there, but I'm glad he saw it.

Now I am just waiting on my Qhemet order, I received a shipping notification that it went out on the 12th.

TrustMeLove

This is my first experience ordering from any of these vendors and I really didn't have high expectations. Any online vendor usually ships within 24 hours (maybe 48 at the most) and packages usually arrive within a week and a half to any destination. I figured giving these vendors a MONTH, 30 days, to get the stuff to my doorstep, was being very generous.

While both vendors answered my emails about my orders, Afroveda actually sent information specifically about my order. Her one-person-team set out a schedule with goals for when each order that month would be shipped. As printed on her website, I emailed after the 8th day of not hearing anything (really the 9th b/c I count midnight as being Thursday night). My tracking info was sent on the 9/10th day. It didn't ship at that time, but I least I knew something was happening.

Hairveda, on the other hand, replied to my email and said just wait and check some non-existent order status link on the website. Her site lists a shipment time of 5 days during regular business and 10 days during sales. I'm now told that I should expect shipment after 20 business days, aka 30 calendar days. As a business woman myself, it seems ludicrous to me to put estimations in writing when you feel it's okay to overshoot them by 100%. Apparently there are all these tools that supposedly track shipment dates based on the day the order was placed...none of which exist. The blogger is aware that the shipping calendar has not been updated since July, but the company continues to glide through busy seasons with no plan of execution in place.

Furthermore, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why my package hasn't shipped or why I haven't been given an expected ship date. I ordered 3 items at 1AM on BF. Posters with large orders and small orders going near and far have received their items. ...Maybe I should stop trying to understand the logic and (and like some posters say) just wait around until Jan. or Feb. for my Nov. order to arrive at my doorstep. I just REFUSE to believe they are so backed up that they haven't gotten to orders from the 2nd hour of their sale from over 2 weeks ago...

When all is said and done, whether I purchase again depends on the products. Small business or not, customer service, timeliness, planning and execution is expected. If they really can't keep up with the flow of customers, they need to limit the amount of product available for sale on the website...and doing so might actually make it more appealing to new customers. Even HSN and all the huge phone/online retailers do this.

Anywho..."you've seen bad reviews before" is not an excuse. I would be satisfied if they at least had a plan of action in place with at least a goal of when all BF orders should be completed.

:clap: THANK YOU!

TrustMeLove

I just received my Beija Flor Curl Brulee and I'm missing like 2oz of product out of an 8oz bottle. I KID YOU NOT!

It looks as if someone used it and sent it back. And I got the left over after they tried it and decided it wasn't for them.. :nono:

Mzz Mac

I received my shipping notice too today.
I emailed twice regarding order status and still no response.
I guess the shipping notice was sent to shut me up.
Basically-my mailing label has been printed which generates a tracking number....the number is then entered into my paypal order and emailed to me. This does not necessarily mean that my products are getting dropped off at the post office yet.

I had one online vendor do this but sat on my package for a whole week before dropping it off at the post office.

La Colocha

I just received my Beija Flor Curl Brulee and I'm missing like 2oz of product out of an 8oz bottle. I KID YOU NOT!

It looks as if someone used it and sent it back. And I got the left over after they tried it and decided it wasn't for them.. :nono:

Id email her, you are the 3rd person ive heard say that.:nono:

Meridian

WORD!Especially to the bolded!

I finally got my Qhemet order today. She shipped it out Friday. SheScentIt said that they would ship mine out Saturday and as of today, no delivery confirmation number so I emailed them AGAIN. HairVeda said they were "waiting on a new batch of Sitri to be completed" so yay and I emailed them a week after my order was placed about that stupid Order Status link not being anywhere on their site. :wallbash:

Charz

Sinister Minister

That is so horrible. Did you weigh it? That is insane.

Kurlee

WORD!Especially to the bolded!

I finally got my Qhemet order today. She shipped it out Friday. SheScentIt said that they would ship mine out Saturday and as of today, no delivery confirmation number so I emailed them AGAIN. HairVeda said they were "waiting on a new batch of Sitri to be completed" so yay and I emailed them a week after my order was placed about that stupid Order Status link not being anywhere on their site. :wallbash:

yea, it's totally nonexistent

Pompous Blue

I’m still waiting on Darcy’s Botanicals. I had to e-mail her 12-10-09 about my order ‘cause it showed “processing” for the longest time (still does). She e-mailed me back the same day with the tracking information. So, why is my package still sitting in Jacksonville, FL (since 12-09-09)? I hope it arrives Monday. I'm in NW Florida.

This is the last Black Friday order I’m expecting.

I received Hairveda yesterday (5 sitrinillah DCs, 5 Cocasta oils, etc.)

The fastest shipper was Komazacare…..Ordered BF, 11/27/09; got it Monday morning, 11/30/09. (free shipping; no samples).

I’ve received Komazacare, Qhemet Biologics, Hairveda, Sally Beauty, fromnaturewithlove.com and Christine Gant (received a sample of Lavendar Red clover soap)

I ordered 3 Hairveda’s Herbal Green Tea Butters 12-02-09 and received my order 12-07-09 from adoringhaircare.com. Very impressed with their shipping time and costs ($4.95). Received samples, too.
I've received my last order! Darcy's Botanicals. They included a sample of their Winter Spice hair and body oil. Smells nice.

The shortest shipping time was 3 calendar days and the longest shipping time was 17 calendar days. I'm pleased with the delivery. Will be ordering from these vendors again. Mainly during sales.

BrownEyez22

I received my order from Qhemet today.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way the Amla container is filled, I know on the site it says these are 10 oz containers, but the hole/space is so big.:ohwell:

I've purchased this product 2x locally and there was a little hole, but not this big. I don't have a scale to weigh it. I've never ordered directly before, is this the norm ladies?

TrustMeLove

Yep that's the norm Brown. Shifting occurs during shipment.

Even if it's not really 8oz it's the norm. Everyones product shows up like it's half gone. :lachen:

BrownEyez22

Oh okay, well maybe I will just stick to the Uncle Funky's Daughter store here. They charge about 3.50 more, but no shipping and smaller holes. LOL

Tene

I hope mines doesn't look like that or I'll be pissed. Donna Marie did the same thing to me, I only had 6oz instead of 8oz. She's suppose to be sending me a replacement.

Last edited:

Renewed1

I received my darcys and shescentit order. I'm just waiting for hairveda.

I wondered why some of these places didn't have their products pre-made considering the after thanksgiving sales.