Born to Be Good Without G-d!

JaneBond007

This was my initial response to her...but I retracted it:

She said:
"you have to believe in your heart (about not needing a g-d)..." Well, if you believe it, that's faith. Same thing. But the level of depression...I wouldn't wish to share that with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhVS10gYZ-A

==================

The thing is this....people are raised by other people. And yes, children are born innocent. However, original sin affects all humans. Try being perfect and conscious at the same time. It's impossible. Now, if she's saying to believe that you are already good for life and don't need G-d and can contain perfection yourself, all BY yourself, then why hasn't anyone attained it? A LITTLE bit of scripture is a highly dangerous thing. Save for the Virgin Mary who was preserved from original sin as the vessel to contain the Christ (catholic teaching...I don't expect protestants to believe that), all people sin. We all need a Savior, a redeemer. Her level of depression is not unique and there are many depressed christians who live out their cross daily. Faith, she says....well, if you believe it...isn't it "faith" anyway? Maybe it's just me.....

Well, it's obvious to me this woman is HORRIBLY depressed and desperately needs help. But to say one needs to believe that in their heart that they don't "need" to believe "their book"...um, that's also faith to believe there is not G-d, right? You have to involve your heart/mind to believe it? You have faith to believe it...so, I don't get her point. Or rather, I do, it's just freaking lame. Same thing....you believe it, that's your own personal "faith." Actually, it's reactive hypocrisy. Shrugs.

Last edited: