~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

CaramelPrincezz

here are my comparison pics. Sorry the second is more blurry but I wore the same jacket so you can see the growth. Both pics are right after fresh relaxers. I'm happy with the progress. This time I'm using JBCO. Mine is at the post office now.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Well, I hate to disappoint, but I'm not going to have a final picture in by the due date. I'm still in Kinky twists and they're going to be a mother trying to get them out in time. I'll post something....hopefully. Can't wait till cycle 2. Sign me up! :)

Yes, sign me up as well! I really enjoyed the challenge and the growth I received. Now I'm working on gaining length and regaining the thickness back in my ends :yep:.

cutenss

So I flat ironed for the first time since this challenged started. I am very pleased, and kinda sad. I retained all of my length. But my hair is so thin. I did trim about 1/2 to 3/4 inches off, but I took pics pre and post. I and thinking of cutting another 1 to 1/2 inches off. My hair has some layers, and that would make it truly blunt. I went for BSB to MBL in this challenge. That was my goal (MBL), but it is kinda bittersweet. My pics will be in my original post.

I am ready for the next phase of this challenge. :yep:

ETA: Pics have been added.
ETA this: my before and aftert pics so you don't have to search. Click here

Last edited:

*Muffin*

So I flat ironed for the first time since this challenged started. I am very pleased, and kinda sad. I retained all of my length. But my hair is so thin. I did trim about 1/2 to 3/4 inches off, but I took pics pre and post. I and thinking of cutting another 1 to 1/2 inches off. My hair has some layers, and that would make it truly blunt. I went for BSB to MBL in this challenge. That was my goal (MBL), but it is kinda bittersweet. My pics will be in my original post.

Don't be sad :bighug:. Just be patient. I'm going through the same thing. Like I said in an earlier post, I suffered a setback not too long ago that depressed me enough to want to cut my hair off and motivated me to do a lot of trims. I probably would have been past BSL now, but I was so disgusted at how thin and wispy my ends were that I started doing two trims a month. They are still thinner than I'd like, but I decided now that I'm just going to stick to my regular trimming routine every 8-12 weeks. My hair will gradually thicken and even out, and so will yours :yep:. Just to show you how thin it's gotten, here's how my hair used to look like before (excuse the cluttered room).

Attachments

• Aug_3rd2-vi.jpg
    Aug_3rd2-vi.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 16

cutenss

Don't be sad :bighug:. Just be patient. I'm going through the same thing. Like I said in an earlier post, I suffered a setback not too long ago that depressed me enough to want to cut my hair off and motivated me to do a lot of trims. I probably would have been past BSL now, but I was so disgusted at how thin and wispy my ends were that I started doing two trims a month. They are still thinner than I'd like, but I decided now that I'm just going to stick to my regular trimming routine every 8-12 weeks. My hair will gradually thicken and even out, and so will yours :yep:. Just to show you how thin it's gotten, here's how my hair used to look like before (excuse the cluttered room).

Thanks Muffin :kiss: It just seems lke EVERYBODY"S hair is thicker than mine. Length wise I am OK, but thickness :rolleyes: I am thinking about cutting off a little more. I know it was doing my BKT once a month. That wreaked havoc on my ends. And since my strands are fine that is a :nono:. I may just trim again in July, then trim in January. Twice a year should be good, since I really don't flat iron my hair. My post pics for this challenge was only the second time this year.

And girl, you should see my room :curtain:

Beginning and ending photos (see below). Even with a trim, it looks like I had some growth.

Attachments

• 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 14

deusa80

I'm gonna post my pics tonight, I'm gonna wash my hair tonight...
I don't think I've seen much improvement yet, so we definitely need a 2nd round!

yodie

Thanks to all the ladies that posted before/after pics. They're very encouraging. I've been wearing a protective style (wig) since the challenge started, so I didn't take photos.

MizzCoco

I'm relaxing tomorrow, I'm 13 weeks post, but this castor oil has made my NG so soft, I really don't want to! But its time, I want to see my progress!

Geminigirl

Gosh I really need to take a pic for y'all. I didn't get much growth because of a trim but I hope our challenge is sometime during the summer cause I think I am going to start cowashing and DAILY again.

Great Jobs ladies!

deusa80

Ok...my pics are up...
sams24-7 has their castor oil on sale til may 16th(6.99 for 8oz I think) and they just came out with an all natural castor oil shampoo. Anyone else plan on trying it? I ordered it on saturday, so hopefully it'll be here in a few days...I'm hoping that will help improve my growth and thickness.:grin:

CaramelPrincezz

Ladies, may I suggest adding pics in a new post as well so ppl won't have to search through older pics to see your progress. :) Thanks!

Nice growth ladies.

dr.j

Here are my pictures.
The first is from the beginning of the challenge and the second is from last week. Both are pictures of wet hair. I am transitioning and almost 11 months post so can't really see a difference because of shrinkage.

URL=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww88/porterjs/IMGP0587.jpg]
[/URL]

exubah

Man, I have been so horrible at keeping up with this challenge over the past couple of weeks due to two deaths in my immediate family. Through all the pain and sorrow there was a glimmer of hope as I got engaged as well. I will be washing my hair tonight (I will try to do it as soon as I get home) so that I can upload photos before midnight.

dr.j

ETA this: my before and aftert pics so you don't have to search. Click here

Great progress, cutenss!! :woohoo:
I think you need a new length check shirt! :grin:

cutenss

Man, I have been so horrible at keeping up with this challenge over the past couple of weeks due to two deaths in my immediate family. Through all the pain and sorrow there was a glimmer of hope as I got engaged as well. I will be washing my hair tonight (I will try to do it as soon as I get home) so that I can upload photos before midnight.

:bighug: to you and your family

katblack

Here are three pictures of my hair as of 5/12/2010.
The first two are of dry hair slightly strected and the third is my hair wet with no product.

Attachments

• Photo0008.jpg
    Photo0008.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo0020.jpg
    Photo0020.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo0025.jpg
    Photo0025.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Geminigirl

dang it I will take my pic now and upload it.

Dang it I can't remember my stupid photbucket login and it told me to try back later!! I have gotten like NO growth and I am going to be trimming again thanks to these pesky knots.

Last edited:

Geminigirl

Ok here we go this is my before(I don't know how to do side by side)

After(SIA for huge pics, photobucket is being strange!):

charmtreese

Here are my castor progress pic's.

First pic is feb 2nd is april (sorry no may pic's)

Attachments

• mmmmmm.jpg
    mmmmmm.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 55

Honeytips

Please don't say that I am too late ladies!!!

starting pic.jpghair present.jpg

Had a trim just before Easter but I'm so happy with the health of my hair!!