~*~* Break Out Your Castor Oil Cycle 3 ~*~*

PJaye

I would also like to join the challenge. I will be using a JBCO mixture (JBCO mixed with sunflower, jojoba, fractionated coconut, babassu, safflower and walnut oils) both on my scalp (UGH!!!) and the length of my hair. Here is my starting pic, which was taken last week.

bebezazueta

My starting pic is in my siggy. (I failed at attaching pics)

THanks to Hairsnob, I have a yummy JBCO/sulfur mix. I'm adding coconut oil to my mix though. Can't wait to see the results. My plan is to apply JBCO mix to my scalp 2-3 times a week. My next relaxer is in mid-December so I'm praying for supernatural growth of 2 more inches in the next 3 months. Let's do this. :grin:

ms.mimi

Count me in as well. I have 2 bottles of the drugstore kind. After I finish these bottles I'll purchase some JBCO for the first time. I'll be taking out my crochet braids Monday night and will take some hair pics then.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I sealed with JBCO while air drying tonight....Results? Lusciously Lovely!!!

Is JBCO sold in Tallahassee, FL?

Nayna

Unbothered
Okay ladies I'm ready to go...I found a BSS last night that sells JBCO (Tropic Isle Living Brand) at first she gave me the original co in a little blue bottle but when I said no thats not it.. She said "wait you want the black co" and went and got this one..The funny thing is she said "For some reason all of a sudden this is in high demand, we cant keep it on the shelf!) I thought about LHCF lol.....So I'm hyped...I will be posting my starting picture tonight...

Did you find it in BK? If so where? :)

LuvlyRain3

I'm in. Excuse the bags under the eyes. I had a long night lol.

Attachments

• 2010-09-25 15.30.55.jpg
    2010-09-25 15.30.55.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2010-09-25 15.32.04.jpg
    2010-09-25 15.32.04.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

discodumpling

I'm in! I'll post my starting pic soon. I'll be using the JBCO on my scalp & length in an effort to improve overall thickness.

Britt

I have a question for you guys:

How much are you applying to your scalp?
How often are you applying it?
How often are you washing your hair?

I ask b/c i've used castor oil several times in the past, and I found it hard to wash out of my hair. I also find that it has a tendency to make the hair very sticky/tacky. I just it's an oil that can be hard to work with b/c of it's thickness. The only way I could use it is on airdryed hair b/c my hair is fluffier then. If I rollerset my hair and I apply castor oil to my scalp it will def weigh down my hair ridiculously. I'd be interested in using it b/c of all the rave reviews it gets.

BKfinest

I ask b/c i've used castor oil several times in the past, and I found it hard to wash out of my hair. I also find that it has a tendency to make the hair very sticky/tacky. I just it's an oil that can be hard to work with b/c of it's thickness. The only way I could use it is on airdryed hair b/c my hair is fluffier then. If I rollerset my hair and I apply castor oil to my scalp it will def weigh down my hair ridiculously. I'd be interested in using it b/c of all the rave reviews it gets.

I've learned from here that a little goes a long way... I just apply a little to my scalp (dry hair) and message it in... for me it just melts into my scalp.. I use it 2x a week, Mondays and Wednesdays since my wash days are on Thursdays.

grow

BG, i've been gone a few days (and looks like they've changed the lhcf format once again in the meantime), but can i still sign up for this cycle too?

i loved the previous cycles!

Britt

I've learned from here that a little goes a long way... I just apply a little to my scalp (dry hair) and message it in... for me it just melts into my scalp.. I use it 2x a week, Mondays and Wednesdays since my wash days are on Thursdays.

Thanks!
So you don't part your scalp in a small sections and apply it w/ your fingertip? Kinda like how you use to get your scalped greaed when you were a kid? :lol:

BKfinest

Thanks!
So you don't part your scalp in a small sections and apply it w/ your fingertip? Kinda like how you use to get your scalped greaed when you were a kid? :lol:

Oh yes sorry just like that lol but a little bit or you will have problems lol

Nayna

Unbothered
Theres a BSS downtown BK that has it. I dont know the cross streets or the name but it's on Fulton St a few blocks away from the Borough hall train station.

Hmmm... That newish one by Jay street near the A? I'll look around thank so much!

Yes I found it in Jessica's Beauty Supply Store on Flatbush and Beverly Road

I know where that is; thank you soooo much!!!

Bigmommah

I would like to join. My hair is currently braided so I grabbed a picture from August.

BlackGeisha

very little, you don't need alot.

2x's a week

2x's a week

Use very little it should absorb into your scalp it shouldn't sit on the hair. If you plan on using it to seal use a little it shouldn't be runny.
BG, i've been gone a few days (and looks like they've changed the lhcf format once again in the meantime), but can i still sign up for this cycle too?

i loved the previous cycles!

Sure thing Grow, glad to have you! :yep:

BlackGeisha

Thanks!

Yes you can apply it like your greasing your scalp, another way is to use an applicator bottle with a fine tip. I will post that info later.