Can Anyone Tell Me About Braids in the Fall/Winter...

Hello My Lovely ladies,
I am thinking about putting braids in my hair with Kanekalon hair this fall/winter but I'm not sure if that is a good idea to have braids in the fall/winter time. Is it a good idea of not? thank you loves for your sentiments.

~Mik :grin:

Irresistible

as long as you take good care of your hair I dont think the season matters

I was thinking of doing the same thing:yep:

a nice hair break

Lynnerie

I'm in braids right now and I'm going to be in them for the winter as well. I think its important to still moisturize underneath those braids. You dont want to neglect your hair just cause its hidden.

What i like to do is use a sponge and some leave in. I ise Fantasia IC Leave-in Moisturizer Hair and Scalp treatment. Soak my sponge in it and squeeze down the length of my hair.

A lot of ladies follow the Crown and Glory technique which you can find at growafrohairlong.com The lady there used braids to grow out her hair and shares her regimen.

I'll probably leave mine in for 2 months then let my hair rest and go back to braids. Remember not to get your braids too tight. HTH

locabouthair

My hair grew from doing this when I was younger. Every winter I'd put braids in. Like everyone said, make sure you keep the hair moisturized.