Can I still use these shears?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I bought a pair of scissors for my when I BC'd and I've been careful only to use them for hair. I found my DH yesterday cutting some photo paper with them :rolleyes: Which kind of makes me mad because there were 3 other pair of scissors in the kitchen drawer.

ANYWAY, he used them for maybe 3 minutes total...do I need new shears now or are these still ok for snipping my hair?

JustKiya

I wouldn't use them, personally. If they are good quality scissors, see if you can get them resharpened (assuming that's not more expensive than a new pair), and then use.... :yep:

poookie

I bought a pair of scissors for my when I BC'd and I've been careful only to use them for hair. I found my DH yesterday cutting some photo paper with them :rolleyes: Which kind of makes me mad because there were 3 other pair of scissors in the kitchen drawer.

ANYWAY, he used them for maybe 3 minutes total...do I need new shears now or are these still ok for snipping my hair?

I'm sure after three minutes of cutting paper with them won't render them completely dull and useless. I'd still use them (but that's just me)

Leeda.the.Paladin

I'm sure after three minutes of cutting paper with them won't render them completely dull and useless. I'd still use them (but that's just me)

Well it was photo paper, which is the only thing that gives me pause., It's pretty thick. I think I will see about getting them sharpened. I don't plan on using them anytime soon, but I'd like to have them in case.