Cathy Howse Now on Youtube

Vashti

IDK. I don't think her ends are bad. I'm not in love with even, blunt ends. They aren't split which is the only thing that I would be concerned with. Some people like blunt, even ends, others (like me) couldn't care less. I did expect for her hair to be longer though.

For the person who posted the link to Wanakee's website (Nonie?), thanks! I had no idea there was a black hair care podcast!:drunk:

Last edited:

brittanynic16

I saw a "gate" and knew I needed to take a look. *off to read the thread*

Sent from my MB501 using Long Hair Care Forum App

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Cathy Howse now:

i see you miss cathy, gangsta-leaning for BSL...

niiiiih see:rolleyes: u had to jump it off:lol::lol:

Iluvsmuhgrass

She got me started on my haircare journey, then I discovered Wanakee. I took what I needed from both and carried on.

I appreciate what she's doing. She's opening up the door to something better for alot of people that don't believe that AA hair can (and does) grow to longer lengths. For them to see it's possible (regardless of ends) is worth it's weight in gold.

Ms Lala

Y'all don't play!!! :lol:

Note to self: Do not post a hair video on youtube if my hair isn't up to par. :mob::gotroasted:

Girl stop. The thing is she is not some vlogger on youtube like many of us who have channels. She has been in the hair business for over 15 years I think. Not to mention she has written books (w/helpful info I might add) and is marketing her system as the only proven black hair growth system.
To make it worse, most of us are DIYer's; her hair was professionally styled and looked like that right after. I'm not one to be critical of people's hair, mine is far from perfect. I respect her business and what she has contributed but some damage has clearly occurred to her hair. I have read her books and was excited when I saw that she had vids only to be sorely disappointed. I really am serious in my questioning and trying to understand what has happened to her hair. It looks like the heat and lack of trimming are not working well.

CurlyMoo

I don't understand why there is so much hostility toward this woman. She's no different than anyone else with an opinion and thinking that what works for her will work for others. I agree with much of what she advises but like most advice I take what works for me and chuck the rest. Her hair actually looks healthy except it looks like her ends lost the curl. And her curls seem to fall even more with each video. :look:

ETA: Ok who's the smarta$$ who posted the LHCF website? :look::lol:

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

That's a big mystery to me too. My friend and I met her at Circle of Sisters in 2009 and when I asked her about her hair (specifically about her transitioning process) she insisted that her relaxed ends DID NOT break off and she denied cutting them. She had a bit of an attitude and ignored our follow-up questions after that. I was confused as heck, so I just left that one alone and kept it moving.

What exactly did you ask her?

CurlyMoo

Lol. she uses her mist it says.

Btw am I the only one that peeped that she said it wasn't until her products that her hair got healthy?! hmmm...I clearly remember even in her second book she mentioned using whatever product that fit the criteria. now all of a sudden it was the UBH products.. chile please!! :rolleyes:

I think her video's come off more like an infomercial than a youtuber giving advice. She's selling products.

CrownCola

↑ Really.

I was wondering who posted the LHCF link as well, it was too funny.
Knocking her hustle like that....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

aquajoyice

Girl stop. The thing is she is not some vlogger on youtube like many of us who have channels. She has been in the hair business for over 15 years I think. Not to mention she has written books (w/helpful info I might add) and is marketing her system as the only proven black hair growth system.
To make it worse, most of us are DIYer's; her hair was professionally styled and looked like that right after. I'm not one to be critical of people's hair, mine is far from perfect. I respect her business and what she has contributed but some damage has clearly occurred to her hair. I have read her books and was excited when I saw that she had vids only to be sorely disappointed. I really am serious in my questioning and trying to understand what has happened to her hair. It looks like the heat and lack of trimming are not working well.

Thank-you! She is actually my first inspiration when I began my HHJ. I am disappointed that being someone that makes money off of her hair that it isn't in a tip top shape. Not to mention I thought she would do a few DIY vids so seeing a stylist come in and do her hair was a big disappointment.

Boujoichic

Im happy to see she's on youtube I bought her book when I first started my HHJ true most of the info and more can be found here but her book did a good job of introducing me to some new ideas like avoiding brushes and daily moisturizing before I was really on the boards. I learned quite a few things from Ultra Black Hair Growth some of it I still use others I was able to decide for myself just didnt work for me.

kblc06

I guess this is what Nonie meant about how not trimming your ends can ultimately sabotage retention

JerriBlank

I don't think her move to YouTube will go as she may have anticipated. A bunch of comments have been removed from her vids. Yes, people do get extra on yt,but if she plans to spend time removing every comment that hurts her feelings...:look:
I don't even see her responding to the nice ones,but someone took the time to remove the possibly unflattering ones. She should rethink that strategy.

LushLox

I don't think her move to YouTube will go as she may have anticipated. A bunch of comments have been removed from her vids. Yes, people do get extra on yt,but if she plans to spend time removing every comment that hurts her feelings...:look:
I don't even see her responding to the nice ones,but someone took the time to remove the possibly unflattering ones. She should rethink that strategy.

You have to have incredibly tough skin to do YT vids, I respect everyone who does it, cause I sure as hell ain't going to... :look:

She should just disable the comments, because they're only going to get worse.

CrownCola

↑ Yeah, but before she disables comments, hopefully she takes notes from them.
I just watched a few more...
I'm STILL shocked she was cool getting on camera without cleaning up them ends...
She's been in the game a minute.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

*Frisky*

I noticed all the removed comments and was thinking this is only the beginning. I wonder why she is trying to conquer youtube now. Is business slow? There are so many people on there already with longer healthy natural hair that she isn't going to go over with a bang like she thought.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
^^^ Because YT is where its at. Even if her sales dont increase she could get paid just from viewership if they are high enough.

Honestly I don't believe she does not trim, she just might be taking off a teensy bit at a time. How on earth could she have gotten rid of her relaxed ends if she did not EVER take a scissor to her head. Her hair should be down to her knees if she never did.

I think her hair looks pretty good. What looks like bad ends looks like what I have seen here before, all her ends just have not caught up; lead hairs.

I looked at her dew spray it looks to be filled with a lot of cones and her DC has the EVOO removed and replaced with almond oil. :sad:

Last edited:

Platinum

:eh: Did you not understand the sarcasm in my post??? I'm aware of the fact that CH is a "guru". I'm not understanding why she chose to do video with her hair looking like that. Geesh...don't get out of pocket of it. Breathe, okay? Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post.

Last edited:

so1913

In the NYC area she has radio ads on major stations that have started airing recently, so I guess YT is part of this new marketing strategy for the line.

FutureMD

She needs another hair model for her products b/c her hair just looks bad. I'm not impressed by long hair that looks so unhealthy.