Cathy Howse Now on Youtube

ThatJerseyGirl

Cathy Howse now:

i see you miss cathy, gangsta-leaning for BSL...

iri9109 u know u petty right :lachen::lachen::lachen:

sj73

I agree you can't deny her contribution to black hair care, I can't help but :rolleyes: whenever she's involved in something. I myself read her book, and while it helped peak my interest in taking care of my hair, it left a lot to be desired, I saw it merely as an over hyped pamphlet with a lot of grammatical errors. I honestly don't think she puts as much effort into her brand, tweaking her method etc. as many others do, hence while her hair is long it could probably use a little help in looking healthier :rolleyes:

I agree; your hair is gorgeous. VERY pretty!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Is it me or has Wanakee's hair grown when Cathy is like the same length? Dis she and Wanakee use the same product?

Nayna

Unbothered
In the NYC area she has radio ads on major stations that have started airing recently, so I guess YT is part of this new marketing strategy for the line.

So you heard that too right? They played her commercial no less than three times an hour.

Honi

There is no board.
Is it me or has Wanakee's hair grown when Cathy is like the same length? Dis she and Wanakee use the same product?

Wanakee was my idol back then :yep: Her hair was/is waist-length thick and healthy. Cathy looks to be about the same length.....forever. She hated the idea of protective styling and would take jabs at her. We all know it works for some and not others but it was always her way or no way.

Wanakee had her own line. Cathy has her own. I used Cathy's dew and was not impressed. Her original DC was peppermint EO, aloe vera and coconut oil but I read that it changed some.

EllePixie

I don't get it. I mean TBH, I don't trim or PS that much, but to not trim, no psing, AND use heat frequently? What's really good Cathy?

Embyra

I just want to say thankyou to cathy and all who have contributed to this thread i have laughed for days:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ms Lala

:eh: Did you not understand the sarcasm in my post??? I'm aware of the fact that CH is a "guru". I'm not understanding why she chose to do video with her hair looking like that. Geesh...don't get out of pocket of it. Breathe, okay? Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post.

Girl I was not getting upset. "Girl stop" is something I say to my friends. Sorry the tone doesn't come across. I'm meant it in a way that ofcourse you could go on youtube and do vids.:yep: The rest of the post was partially in response to you but also the many other comments. I'm not upset at all, still really just perplexed about what happened to her hair.:nono:

JollyGal

Thanks OP.

Cathy Howse is an expert and so resourceful.

It's great that she is on youtube. Interactive is the way to go!!!!

klb120475

Girl I was not getting upset. "Girl stop" is something I say to my friends. Sorry the tone doesn't come across. I'm meant it in a way that ofcourse you could go on youtube and do vids.:yep: The rest of the post was partially in response to you but also the many other comments. I'm not upset at all, still really just perplexed about what happened to her hair.:nono:

I remember the first time my friend told me "girl stop" via text I was confused, feelings were hurt cause I thought she was serious.:lachen:

KhandiB

Ive never been a fan of hers even though her book was the first I bought in my hair journey, then I found LHCF and um, the ladies on here have better looking hair than hers, even back then.

JMPO though, cant knock her hustle lol

empressri

so ive heard of her...and clicked the video...and was like oookaaaayyyy....that's it? i thought id see a knockout head of hair.

lmao think i need a late pass, there must be a running joke in this thread...

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Just posted on her channel... lol had to tell it like it is.. smh..

This must be you...

"DISAGREE! CH helped educate women about the practices of healthy hair care. But she did not start a forum advertising her advice. Hair forums exsist because Women have a.) Questions that CH cannot answer in regard to their hair situation and b.) for Supporting each other during their hair journeys.... Hair forums are not Dependant upon one person's "Discovery" that is basic common knowledge.."

asakeba

Some of these comments man...:nono:..

I gotta say it.... there is a very nasty attitude towards black female hair entrepreneurs on this board. Kimmay, Black Onyx, Shima, Moptop Maven etc....hundreds of pages dedicated to tearing down their efforts.

There is nothing wrong with Cathy's hair. It's a damn sight better than a lot of black women I see regularly. Granted by LHCF standards, it aint all that, but her hair would be envied in my neck of the woods, shoot, there are women on this board starting their hair journeys that would love to have her hair.

I recall seeing women on this board showing their progress videos and they had thin ends, are we going to go back and retract all our words of encouragement now? Wasn't there a thread dedicated to growing out your hair with no trims? Seems like Cathy's methods (assuming she "invented" them) are legitimate until we see she doesn't have LHDC type hair.

She has an attitude...you know what? if I read all these comments and had people making similar comments IRL, I'd have an attitude too, as would many of you.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I gotta say it.... there is a very nasty attitude towards black female hair entrepreneurs on this board. Kimmay, Black Onyx, Shima, Moptop Maven etc....hundreds of pages dedicated to tearing down their efforts.

There is nothing wrong with Cathy's hair. It's a damn sight better than a lot of black women I see regularly. Granted by LHCF standards, it aint all that, but her hair would be envied in my neck of the woods, shoot, there are women on this board starting their hair journeys that would love to have her hair.

I recall seeing women on this board showing their progress videos and they had thin ends, are we going to go back and retract all our words of encouragement now? Wasn't there a thread dedicated to growing out your hair with no trims? Seems like Cathy's methods (assuming she "invented" them) are legitimate until we see she doesn't have LHDC type hair.

She has an attitude...you know what? if I read all these comments and had people making similar comments IRL, I'd have an attitude too, as would many of you.

her ends would look fine if they were curled imo

EllePixie

her ends would look fine if they were curled imo

+1

And for the record, LHCF member or not, I'm consistent, so you won't see me in threads talking about someone on YT one second then praising and bowing down to a LHCF'er. I don't think they would look nearly as bad if they were curled like the rest of her hair (I don't even really care about thin ends BUT WHY DON'T THEY CURL?!).

I do agree that passes are given out to members all the time though.

Mis007

Her hair used to be longer and healthier, if she is transitioning this could be the reason for its current state.

Mis007

See this all the time on the YT, the very reasons why the Hair & beauty channels on YouTube is controlled by whites and Asians, they do not want the nasty attitudes of BW to pervade their viewers.