Poll: Cathy Howse vs. Hair Lady

Mahalialee4

MindyMouse: I did not get any ill effects: I really listen to my body. If I feel that "medicine blah..." I just do not take anything for about 2-3 days, drink lots of juice and water...eat lots of rhubarb and go back to the pills. It is o.k. to not take your pills 24-7 when your body is saying "whoa..let me get my breath here!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gifBonjour.

alexa

Re: Sorry, I am new but . . .

Hi, Faith,

Unfortunately, I don't have any great pics to share of me on the internet. I think I probably should get some to post.

karezone

The hair lady does sell a product, but she isn't selling as hard as Cathy is. She doesn't come out from the beginining and offers her video. She shows the results she and others have had using her method. She also offers just plain good hair advice. Such as how to properly brush, comb, and wash your hair.

Lucia

Mahalialee,
I did this myself, but I wasn't taking msm or biotin (except for the HF37). So I added that and viviscal and it worked, I'm with you on reaching those goals sooner.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brenda55

Hi
Is there a web address for crown and glory woman? I see some other lhcf women used her method. hmmm i need some help /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leshia

Brenda, you really can't go wrong with this one if you keep your hair MOISTURIZED. It's quite good. All the best to ya girlie! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Careful not to stay in the land of no return for too long. *blank stare* It's hard to come out of braids once they're in and everyone thinks that they're real. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I prefer the Hair Lady. Simply because she is a lot nicer in her responses and she gives completely free information on her website. She is also very encouraging. The hair lady does believe in trimming but not cutting all of your hair off. Her hair is also waistlength Ms. Howse's hair is not. The pictures Ms. Howse shows on the website do not show her hair's true length. I feel like she is hiding something. The hair lady tells you to use simple inexpensive products you can find at any beauty supply instead of having to pay for an expensive product pay shiping and have to wait for it in the mail. I will go with the simple lady with the longer hair. Thumbs up to Robin the hair lady!!

G

Re:

I agree that shipping bit is the pits. There are salons that carry it but not in my neck of the woods

Ire_manzi

I will go with the Hair Lady's regime. It simple and makes better sence to me than the Cathy Howse.My hair is healthy and hardly ever breaks. I trim my hair ends every eight weeks after i take down my braids even if my hair has no split ends. For those who are using Cathy Howse method if it's working for you then continue with regime.

Stormy

Re:

I prefer The Hair Lady's method better. Simply because I was using a similiar method to hers before I even heard of her or visited her website and I know that it works!
I started my regime first with braids last March when my hair was to my ears and it's collarbone length now, about 2-3 inches away from my shoulders. When I visited Cathy Howe's website, something just didn't sit right with me. Maybe it's her bashing of Wanakee, or her defensive response when asked about trimming her hair, I don't know. Robin gives you that warm, comfy, encouraging feeling. Her steps are pretty simple too. I found some good advice to add to my regime.

G

Re:

Keep in mind though that braids are'nt for everyone.

This method is something that will work for everyone.

Integrity

Re:

true, if you have FINE har braids may break it off.

why is it that cathy says in her book that condtioners cannot repar damaged hair, its gotta be cut off. but then her conditioner states 'repairs' on the label!

Valerie

Re:

When I started looking after my hair. Wanakee products were available and I was very impressed, particularly with the moisturiser, which I felt helped to keep my hair moisturised and the growth improved. I particularly was interested in getting Cathy Howse's book and it was very good, I started washing my hair every three days and I also found, my hair was a lot softer, but it tended to feel rather dry, at the time, I never rinsed my hair with distilled water. I went on to nappturality and longhair lovers and I was able to understand the growth of my hair properly, I have been very pleased with my success. I must say that Wanakee, Cathy Howse have been my inspirations. Also I was very pleased to get to know Robin, the hair lady. Although it was interesting the method she used. I don't think the braid method is for me, because I don't like to have my hair braided for so long. She has a very good informative site and the vaseline method I use, so that is one technique, I have learned. I think with Cathy, she doesn't really trim much. I voted for Cathy, because that I started off with her method. But I think all the ladies are great, because they really helped us understand our hairs needs more than anything else.

G

Re:

Not only that, Pandora, some people just don't look good in braids. Plus, the expense WHEW!

But every Black Head of Hair can benefit from Moisture Balance. Right....

To your question, I think she meant, hair that is totally damaged.

Integrity

Re:

[ QUOTE ]

To your question, I think she meant, hair that is totally damaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it, damaged hair is damaged hair, isnt it?
either a conditioner can repair or it cannot?
i ay ask her about that one!

G

Re:

Mmm, no not really.

Kinka like A house fire can damage a house but can be repaired if minimal.

Or it can damage it to the point of no return, that it needs leveling and rebuilding.

Hey, maybe that's what I need leveling