Challenge : Waistlength by 2007

KiniKakes

sugarose said:
I am also going for the smallest part of my abdomen.

Where is the smallest part of the abdomen, from the back view? I mean, i know WL is technically lower than the smallest part of the waist..... but hard to figure out exactly where.

Cichelle

KiniKakes said:
Where is the smallest part of the abdomen, from the back view? I mean, i know WL is technically lower than the smallest part of the waist..... but hard to figure out exactly where.

Why do you say WL is technically lower than your waist? I've never heard that before. The waist is under the ribcage and before the pelvis. It is the smallest part of the torso. You can always measure to see where that is if it is not apparent when you look in the mirror. People can be short or long-waisted. My waist is above my belly button. If I look at myself from the back, as in a picture, I can see where my torso tapers in.

RZILYNT

Gosh this seems like a huge hurdle.
I so want to join this challenge. ( I am scared of failure)
I am going to use where my elbows bend as my measurement. It will definitely take me until December to get there maybe even January. I pray that nothing drastic happens in between.

Count me in too!

RZ

KiniKakes

Cichelle said:
Why do you say WL is technically lower than your waist? I've never heard that before. The waist is under the ribcage and before the pelvis. It is the smallest part of the torso. You can always measure to see where that is if it is not apparent when you look in the mirror. People can be short or long-waisted. My waist is above my belly button. If I look at myself from the back, as in a picture, I can see where my torso tapers in.

Aaaahh, I see. I think I am short-waisted then, because the smallest part of my waist seems so high that I wouldnt feel comfortable fully claiming WL until i've passed the small of my waist.

Here is a wet hair pic. Is there anyone with Photoshop who can mark a line for me where WL would be on me? I am seriously unsure. Im thinking its that fat/meaty (lol) part of my waist, just below the smallest part of my waist... kinda where you see the small of my back dented in. Is that pretty accurate?

SweetCaramel1

wow kinikakes your hair has really grown!

i thought waist length is where you hair is now in the wet pick? what do i know :look:

KiniKakes

SweetCaramel1 said:
wow kinikakes your hair has really grown!

i thought waist length is where you hair is now in the wet pick? what do i know :look:

Thanks girl!!!!!!

But see, i would call my hair in the wet pic Mid Back, at best. Firstly, when its dry, it shrinks up some and doesnt reach that point. And secondly, other folks who are REALLY WL on the board have hair that reaches beyond that point. I dunno, Im confused, i guess........

Either way, the ends have gotten kinda thin, so im gonna trim before my next hair pics........

RZILYNT

SweetCaramel1 said:
i thought it started where the narrowest part of your waist is (indentations?) i'll wait for clarification

Kini,

Looking at this picture, You are just about there! WL will look different on each person because of where their waist line begins.

To bad for me, I probably won't be able to tell where my waist is until I loose some weight! :lol: I am working on it though!

KiniKakes

SweetCaramel1 said:
i thought it started where the narrowest part of your waist is (indentations?) i'll wait for clarification

I mean, that could be true (narrowest part of the waist). But in my case. since my torso/waist is so short (while my legs are long), it just feels weird that i would call that WL. *shrug* I dunno...........

Either way, i wouldnt claim WL until it reaches the small of my waist while DRY. Everyone's hair looks hella long when its soaking wet! :lol:

KiniKakes

RZILYNT said:
Kini,

Looking at this picture, You are just about there! WL will look different on each person because of where their waist line begins.

To bad for me, I probably won't be able to tell where my waist is until I loose some weight! :lol: I am working on it though!

Well we shall see where i am once i trim before my April Progress Pics. Im thinking i may be back at a nice, blunt BSL. But thats okay, since i only trim 2x per year. Im willing to sacrafice some length to keep it looking so even and thick.

Awww, girl i am sure u are exaggerating!!! U dont look big in ure pic at all, missy!!!! ;)

RZILYNT

KiniKakes said:
Well we shall see where i am once i trim before my April Progress Pics. Im thinking i may be back at a nice, blunt BSL. But thats okay, since i only trim 2x per year. Im willing to sacrafice some length to keep it looking so even and thick.

Awww, girl i am sure u are exaggerating!!! U dont look big in ure pic at all, missy!!!! ;)

You are being too Kind! I wanna look like U when I grow up:yep: .

I can't wait to see your updates, Please take a picture before your trim. You may find that you don't need one at all! I will be lookin out.

RZ

KiniKakes

RZILYNT said:
You are being too Kind! I wanna look like U when I grow up:yep: .

I can't wait to see your updates, Please take a picture before your trim. You may find that you don't need one at all! I will be lookin out.

RZ

LOL, awww, girl, that is sweet!!!! THanks!!!! :grin:

Ok i may just do that........ im just so nervous about how it will look if i dont trim. I usually blow it out for my progress pics, to get the maximum length.... however, this makes my hair look very thin, and the ugly truth about my ends cannot be hidden then (lol). I just dont want my ends to look like my July 06 Progress Pics. *smh* That was a hot mess. :lol:

ClassicBeauty

I'm really new to LHCF, but I hope to reach waistlength this year. I'm currently a couple inches past the bottom of the brastrap (I guess that's midback). My waist is pretty short, so I'm hoping to get to an inch or two past my natural waist (so it will actually look like waistlength).
This whole hair goal thing is very new to me, but it seems that since I've been watching my hair grow and actually paying attention to it, it's taking forever! I wish I could get there by the end of the summer, but as long as it's there by the end of the year, it will be cool.

GlamourGirl

sugarose said:
I would say in this pic you are right at WL. Most people confuse hip length with WL (I did at first).

Kini girl you're WL! But I understand what you mean when you want it to look that way when it's dry. I thought WL was hiplength too until someone in my fotki told me. That just let me know that hiplength is really my ultmate goal:perplexed.

KiniKakes

GlamourGirl said:
Kini girl you're WL! But I understand what you mean when you want it to look that way when it's dry. I thought WL was hiplength too until someone in my fotki told me. That just let me know that hiplength is really my ultmate goal:perplexed.

Yeah i think my ultimate goal is hip length too! Cuz as i creep closer to WL (i REFUSE to claim it just yet!!! :lol: ) it just begins to seem shorter and shorter.

In terms of that pic.......... I mean, maybe because my waist/torso is short, it just doesnt seem like genuine WL. I'd feel like a fraud if i started talking about "Yeah ya'all, im WL." :look: Not to mention that when its dry, its around MBL. So yeah, i *aint* claiming it just yet!

Divine Inspiration

Hmmm...I've been flirting with joining this...I'm past BSL right now, but I'm not sure by how much because I haven't straightened my hair since October. I know that I'm due for a trim though so I think I'll straighten my hair in the next couple of weeks and see where I am. I'm positive I could get to WL by the end of the year if I wanted to though.

We'll see. :look:

KiniKakes

My goal is still Dec 31, 2007!!!! :D

I really hope to get there before though, because i want to allow for a nice trim around my October progress pics. I take a set in July, October, then January. And i know by October im gonna be itching for the blunt look again. I want my WL hair to look full and blunt, not scraggly and see thru, ya know?!!!

Lots of luck ladies!!!

RZILYNT

I was hoping to be there by December 2007, but I may have to push it to February 2008. I am getting frustrated with my hair and plan to trim or cut it at the end of June not sure how much, but I am totally bored and I am in need of a change so badly. I thought shopping for new clothes would do it...NOT....So we will see. I have lost my mind. I flat ironed my hair with the last 2 shampoos, no other direct heat though. I need a new focus so I am really taking a hair hiatus until September, then maybe I will get back to concentrating on growing again.

I will continue to lurk as time will allow to see how everyone else is doing.

Everyone have a great summer!
HHG's

RZ~

Cichelle

I'm still going for waist length when stretched by the end of December 2007. I think I can make it. I don't have that much farther to go. :) I have to baby my ends and keep it simple and I should be okay.

KiniKakes

Cichelle said:
I'm still going for waist length when stretched by the end of December 2007. I think I can make it. I don't have that much farther to go. :) I have to baby my ends and keep it simple and I should be okay.

Yup, thats the key right there! :)

Cichelle, i could've sworn you were WL already? But i know you gotta be darn close!!! :D

ChasingBliss

I'm going to creep on in here and give myself a goal of December 2007 as well. I'm hoping BT will speed that process up.

ClassicBeauty

Well ladies it's not looking good over here. I was hoping for waistlength by August, but my hair seems to be stalling. I just ordered BT, and I'm gonna try to force myself to use it. (I hate oil in my hair. Period. I hope it's worth it.) My ends are okay, but I'll probably get a trim soon. I haven't had one since October '06. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for August. I'm washing and straightening tonight, so maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. I may even try some protective styling for a few weeks. Buns mostly.

ETA: I really want it just below my natural waist because my waist is high.

KiniKakes

DivaStyle said:
ETA: I really want it just below my natural waist because my waist is high.

Yeah, same here. My waist is high, and so natural WL on me would look kinda bootleg. So i guess what im really going for is just below the waist.... Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder if thats too much to expect by end December? :look: That gives me like 5-6 months of growth!

MrsBKJ

Ok I'm joining this I need a few inches but am really going to take chichells advise/wisdom and baby my ends I'm too rough with them then am too scissor happy and chop them!! I'm going to be waist length by the end of the year...I am!
lol