The Official 2007 Weave/Extension Challenge

Charlotte

I would love to join!! Ladies in the DC/MD/VA area, where are you going to get you hair (weave) done?

I'm been on Reniece's waiting list forever...... need another option!!

glamazon386

I'm wearing one now, but checked the date of the original post. Are you still doing this? :poke: If so, please, please, please count me in.

:newbie:

Well it's ending in December. :look: I stopped wearing weaves a long time ago. But if y'all want to join now and start it over for the new year that's fine.

asummertyme

how r things goin with u gals...?
i havent been in a weave since sept..i have been giving my hair a break, but i may braid it up..frankly, i am too lazy to sit for any hair style these days...lol..dunno what i am gonna do to my head..

remnant

i havent been in a weave since sept..i have been giving my hair a break, but i may braid it up..frankly, i am too lazy to sit for any hair style these days...lol..dunno what i am gonna do to my head..

OT: Congratulation for the Baby Asummertyme:congrats:

glamazon386

Girl I had to give them up. It seems like once I went natural my hair was growing out of the braids too fast. I haven't had one done at the salon since my birthday in March and that only lasted 2 weeks. I sewed one in myself once or twice after that and only left it in for a few weeks but that's about it. I was thinking about getting one for XMAS but IDK.

Sweetyb

Wow, congrats on the baby-on-the-way... I guess you have enough to deal with than your hair! You could get a quick weave and just wear a hairband over the top so you don't have to worry about blending your hairline with the wig. I did this throughout most of last year, it definitely kept my hands out of my hair.

Sweetyb

The last weave is finally out, and I'm really happy about my hair growth. Went for wash and condition, my scalp feels great, my hair looks beautiful, and I'm ready for BSL natural 4b hair for 2008!

Misseyl

Off the Topic -- Asummer you have a beautiful little baby..

simpleDIVA

I agree Assumer, she is beautiful and look at her styling already (little fashionista in the making).

As for the weave challenge I stopped wearing a weave in November to give my hair a break and to maiontain it properly. Instead I now wear a half wig (instant weave). It looks great (looks like a nice weave) and I am still able to have immediate access to my hair. I plan on wearing the half wig for about six months or atleast until my hair is healthy again.