Cipriana's "Loose" Twists?

loolalooh

Nonie Hello my fellow short attention span sister lol I haven't done this in a couple years and I can totally understand concerns of matting. I just remember not keeping the same twists in too long and immediately retwisting twists that looks frizzy, old, or stuck together.

I may try it again for a little experiment.

MissAlinaRose:

Please let us know when you try them again. I tried some mini twists last month but was too afraid to wear them past 3 weeks. I really wish to wear them more often and for longer, but I'm looking for ways to do so.:ohwell:

loolalooh

tbh these pics don't look like twists to me. It kinda looks matted on the right side imo. :ohwell:

I agree. Her hair is gorgeous, but this kinda looks like my hair when I've been lazy and left my hair to "breathe" for a couple of days after taking down my cornrows :ohwell: lol. Like a combination of stretched, but shed-filled hair lol.

I'm looking really close at the pic to see how it's twisted, but so far I'm lost. Off to watch the video....

MissAlinaRose, bride91501:

Yes, it's really hard to see in the above pics, but I get what she's doing. Here's a demonstration on my hair. The left one is a "regular" twist. The right one is a "loose" twist. (This was post wash though, so excuse the frizz.)

Last edited:

MissAlinaRose

@MissAlinaRose:

Please let us know when you try them again. I tried some mini twists last month but was too afraid to wear them past 3 weeks. I really wish to wear them more often and for longer, but I'm looking for ways to do so.:ohwell:

Sure will! I'm on a 9mon protective style challenge for this year so I think I will go ahead and do it.

Thanks for bringing up this topic again loo. I almost forgot about my twists!

MissAlinaRose

@MissAlinaRose, @bride91501:

Yes, it's really hard to see in the above pics, but I get what she's doing. Here's a demonstration on my hair. The left one is a "regular" twist. The right one is a "loose" twist. (This was post wash though, so excuse the frizz.)

Oh snaaaaap! I get what you're saying now. I told you I was slow today.

I would have to try it before I knock it. Buuuut I can say with confidence that I like my twists tight and neat so that they will stay and won't mat.

bride91501

@loolalooh

Well I'm clearly still slow b/c although I can clearly see the difference b/w the 2 twists, I can't seem to make out how you made the "looser" twist :ohwell: :spinning: lol.

Her hair is extremely similar in texture and density to my oldest DD's hair, plus her style is also pretty similar, so I'd really like to try this on my DD's hair if my brain will let me figure it out :drunk:

MissAlinaRose

@loolalooh

Well I'm clearly still slow b/c although I can clearly see the difference b/w the 2 twists, I can't seem to make out how you made the "looser" twist :ohwell: :spinning: lol.

Her hair is extremely similar in texture and density to my oldest DD's hair, plus her style is also pretty similar, so I'd really like to try this on my DD's hair if my brain will let me figure it out :drunk:

@bride91501 This is the way that I understand it. You know how when you do regular two strand twists they are probably really tight and neat (think perfect rope twist). But "loose" twists are like the lazy kind you do when you're getting out the shower and you want your hair out of the way. The twists are not neat and perfect but goes much faster and it gets your hair out of the way. Did that make sense? I'm trying to paint a pic:lol:

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

I would have to try it before I knock it. Buuuut I can say with confidence that I like my twists tight and neat so that they will stay and won't mat.

I mean my small-mini twists mat a little when I leave them in past that two week mark. I just don't get how she can keep these twists in for a month and it not mat up on her.

loolalooh

@loolalooh

bride91501:

No worries. Here's her video demonstration on one twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Whbtwy2j7NY#t=153s

loolalooh

@bride91501 This is the way that I understand it. You know how when you do regular two strand twists they are probably really tight and neat (think perfect rope twist). But "loose" twists are like the lazy kind you do when you're getting out the shower and you want your hair out of the way. The twists are not neat and perfect but goes much faster and it gets your hair out of the way. Did that make sense? I'm trying to paint a pic:lol:

Yep!! That's it exactly. :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
loolalooh said:
Your twists and hair are beautiful as always! The twists she does look different ... almost like her hair is loose. They are two-strand but not the regular two strand. She twists her hair very loose to the point where her hair looks untwisted. Here's a pic of her hair in 150-ish twists (notice how it looks loose):

When she kept talking about twists in her video I was confused because her hair didn't look twisted. I kept looking like where's the twists...maybe she's just doing a demo. It really doesn't look twisted. She's very pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

regina07

Wow! The twists (loose or tight) are beautiful but that's a serious commitment (8-11 hours). One pro is you only do it 1x a month.

TBH, my hand cramps after 10-12 twists and they un-twist in a few days. But I love looking at these photos!

Nonie

@Nonie:

That is one of my other fears as well since I like to wash my hair in twists. My understanding is that Cipriana puts her small twists into 6 big braids (or was it twists), washes, and airdries that way. However, she only washes 1x a month, and that wash is prior to her retwist.

Hmm...That does add an interesting twist...and makes it seem more doable--I'm a fan of stretching hair and keeping it stretched. So the braids may help.... :scratchch

I also can get the wash being prior to the retwist coz my hair is at its best after a wash. Strands are so smooth and slide past each other with such ease. Even undoing twists is easier immediately after a wash.

Thanks loolalooh