December '08 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge-Wrap up

I want to be added :spinning: . My shipment's supposed to get here tomorrow.

I plan on using MT Mondays, thursdays, and saturdays [leaving it in] and a wash and deep condition every tuesday. I'm gonna mix it with Jojoba oil.

well i guess ill ask to be added. I have been using mt for 6 weeks. I am relaxing as soon as my mizani butter blends comes in. Guys I have soo much new growth its not even funny.

aahh another thread :grin:

i need to re start MT'ing not done it for over 3 weeks :ohwell:

keep forgetting?

Ladies if you keep forgetting to MT before bed.....here are some suggestions on where/when to apply MT

- move your MT mix to your nightstand - apply while watching tv
- move your MT mix next to computer - apply while reading these threads:grin:
- keep a travel size of MT in your car - apply while at the light or waiting in traffic
- keep travel size at work
- program alarm on cellphone to remind you and make alarm ring same as ringer on your phone - you get up to answer phone, right?
- make a hair buddy here and have that person PM, text you etc. to remind you. Heck, I'll do it :yep:

I believe everyone using MT should be getting .5 inches a month. If you're getting less, step up your game! Reaching for SL, APL, BSL, MBL ? Make sure to MT today.

Last edited:
Okay, I want to hop on the bandwagon, but I need your help!! :grin:
How is this for a regimen????

3x/week:
Apply mahabhringaraj oil followed by MT directly on scalp at night.
Wash or co-wash in the morning, DC, moisturize, seal.
Take a garlic pill everyday.

TIA ladies!

Okay, I want to hop on the bandwagon, but I need your help!! :grin:
How is this for a regimen????

3x/week:
Apply mahabhringaraj oil followed by MT directly on scalp at night.
Wash or co-wash in the morning, DC, moisturize, seal.
Take a garlic pill everyday.

TIA ladies!

Yep - :yep: Your regimen looks good. I believe you'll be pleased with the results. It's simple enough that you'll be able to tweak it (if necessary) as you go along.

Good Luck and Welcome,
IvyS.

Last edited:
Hey ladies just checking in. Got some more mt so stockd up for a while. Things are growing! Did some sneaky length checking and took some braids out, looking forward to revealing at end of dec! HHG

OT: Is the butter blends lye or no-lye? I was contemplating relaxing and opted for a lye relaxer...

well i guess ill ask to be added. I have been using mt for 6 weeks. I am relaxing as soon as my mizani butter blends comes in. Guys I have soo much new growth its not even funny.

OT: Is the butter blends lye or no-lye? I was contemplating relaxing and opted for a lye relaxer...

Its LYE. I'll be using it for the first time too at the end of my C&G challenge in a few weeks. I'm starting with the Fine/Mild/ColorTreated strength.:yep:

I bought the entire system!

I'm starting my OCT today :woot: I've been waiting aaaggggeesss for it, will alternate MT and hope for the best

Still using MT. Im afraid to add OCT. I sure could use the growth but I don't trust them with my CC. Been there done that . MT is here to stay for me. I will add comparison pics in January. Im hiding my hair for a while. Im 1/2 inch past APL maybe more the last time I checked. Praying for BSL

Please add me to the list but I'm not sure if my regimen is right. Can someone help.

-Mega-tek 3times a week (mon,wed,fri)
-Co-wash on 3rd day(wed) DC for an hour with cantu.
-Usually the saturday I wash regular. Shampoo and condition with cream of nature. DC with ors.
-Every other week I go to the salon

I think I may need to add some type of garlic shampoo cuz I'm getting lazy to do the paste. Thank you

O.K., here's a two-month progress report:

The first pic was taken in September 2008. While my hair is fairly long at APL, it's whispy, the ends are a bit damaged, and my hair looks very fine.

The second pic was taken on December 1, 2008, yesterday. Notice the difference in my ends. Keep in mind that at least 2 inches were chopped off. I trimmed about an inch back in late September. When my mother came for a visit in early October, she trimmed another 1 and 1/4 because I had done such a poor job.

The other day, I did I search and destroy, evening up my ends as best as I could. Notice how much fuller my hair looks. Both pics were taken after a fresh relaxer and my hair was bone straight. Notice the difference...

Just think...had I not trimmed at all, my hair may have been about 2 inches longer than the 2nd pic.

MT works, ya'll! It really does. I do an herbal oil infusion, which I make myself with various fresh herbs, including Rosemary, Nettles, Sage, Hibiscus and others, infused in Jojoba oil. Add that to my MT and apply every 3 days or so. I shampoo and condition with OCT, deep conditioning twice a week with either Silicon Mix or some other deep moisturizing conditioner. My hair shows the difference, and I received many compliments from my family during the Thanksgiving holiday. And friends and colleagues at work continue to tell me that my hair looks very healthy and is growing. I may not see the progress all the time, but others seem to be noticing... ;)

MT/OCT WORKS!!!!!!! :worship2:

comic-p.jpg

keep forgetting?

Ladies if you keep forgetting to MT before bed.....here are some suggestions on where/when to apply MT

- move your MT mix to your nightstand - apply while watching tv
- move your MT mix next to computer - apply while reading these threads:grin:
- keep a travel size of MT in your car - apply while at the light or waiting in traffic
- keep travel size at work
- program alarm on cellphone to remind you and make alarm ring same as ringer on your phone - you get up to answer phone, right?
- make a hair buddy here and have that person PM, text you etc. to remind you. Heck, I'll do it :yep:

I believe everyone using MT should be getting .5 inches a month. If you're getting less, step up your game! Reaching for SL, APL, BSL, MBL ? Make sure to MT today.

No,i've been preoccupied with my newborn ;)

The first pic was taken in September 2008. While my hair is fairly long at APL, it's whispy, the ends are a bit damaged, and my hair looks very fine.

The second pic was taken on December 1, 2008, yesterday. Notice the difference in my ends. Keep in mind that at least 2 inches were chopped off. I trimmed about an inch back in late September. When my mother came for a visit in early October, she trimmed another 1 and 1/4 because I had done such a poor job.

The other day, I did I search and destroy, evening up my ends as best as I could. Notice how much fuller my hair looks. Both pics were taken after a fresh relaxer and my hair was bone straight. Notice the difference...

Just think...had I not trimmed at all, my hair may have been about 2 inches longer than the 2nd pic.

MT works, ya'll! It really does. I do an herbal oil infusion, which I make myself with various fresh herbs, including Rosemary, Nettles, Sage, Hibiscus and others, infused in Jojoba oil. Add that to my MT and apply every 3 days or so. I shampoo and condition with OCT, deep conditioning twice a week with either Silicon Mix or some other deep moisturizing conditioner. My hair shows the difference, and I received many compliments from my family during the Thanksgiving holiday. And friends and colleagues at work continue to tell me that my hair looks very healthy and is growing. I may not see the progress all the time, but others seem to be noticing... ;)

comic-p.jpg

loving the thickness!!!way to grow :yay:

comic-p.jpg

Congratulations. Your hair looks very healthy. It looks like your hair is the same length as your 09/01 pic. So you got more than 2 inches of growth in 3 months? Yippee!! :yay:

Congratulations. Your hair looks very healthy. It looks like your hair is the same length as your 09/01 pic. So you got more than 2 inches of growth in 3 months? Yippee!! :yay:

Thank you!! Many people assert that the OCT shampoo/rinse system makes the hair noticebly thicker while MT contributes to actual growth. I'm not sure, but I do see a difference. I'm not cutting off any more inches! ;)

I bought a new laptop on Black Friday :grin: but I'm waiting on Sprint to send my new wireless card. Congratulations to everyone for their progress.:clap: :up: Are we going to continue the challenge for 2009?

Back