December '08 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge-Wrap up

Umm, I want to get the MT cause' the OCT is too much money? Please, $55 bucks?

No way am I spending that much. But I hear that the MT is more for thickness than growth and my hair is already uber thick. I wouldn't mind if it got thicker but I want to make sure it grows quicker. I get a little over 1/2 inch without growth aids so I want MT to bump me up to 1 inch at least.

Still using MT. Im afraid to add OCT. I sure could use the growth but I don't trust them with my CC. Been there done that . MT is here to stay for me. I will add comparison pics in January. Im hiding my hair for a while. Im 1/2 inch past APL maybe more the last time I checked. Praying for BSL

I was on the site today and noticed they have Paypal. We can't let anything stand in the way of hair growth!!!

I would like to join in on this challenge, I have read ALL the threads and I have my products-(MT/OCT). got some good info from JustKiya-(Thanks Again) and I am ready to go.

Okay, are we going to post up MT/OCT progress pics this go round as well:look:? Anybody?

*popping in*

<testimonial>

I don't post much, but I've been quietly using MT since August although I never joined the challenge because I wasn't sure how consistent I'd be. I just wanted to say...

MT WORKS!

Even after 2 trims, I've retained 4 inches of length in less than 4 months. I started out high NL and I'm almost fully SL now. I mostly use MT when I DC - I put the MT on my clean scalp and ORS on the length of my hair with heat for 30-45mins, then rinse. I attribute the growth to MT and the retention to rollersets. As an extra benefit, when I rollerset, I 'grease' the parts with MT every other night.

I also attribute the fact that my newgrowth is incredibly soft and manageble to MT. I was able to stretch 8 weeks (impressive for me) and even though I had a pillowtop mattress of ng, it would detangle and straighten right out with no problems. I've scheduled my next touch-up for 10 weeks even tho I'm 1 week post and I already have a ridge of ng.

I hope this helps, even without pictures. I'm heading off to change my tagline from "My neck is cold" to "Gotta protect my ends from my collar and scarf" because, ya know, I have to worry about that now. :drunk:

</testimonial>

*dipping out*

ive been doing the challenge also since last month...been applying MT everyday kind of started slacking the last week. So im back on it but maybe going to be applying it 3 to 4 times a week. I'm bored with my half wigs so im going to be looking to try something new soon but nothing that will stop me from being able to get my MT in :).

Does anybody mix MT or OCT with Emu Oil? I read a thread about this oil being the bomb and I am trying to figure out how to integrate it with my regimine. I am seeing that its creamy vs. oily so I am wondering if it will even mix well. Anybody tried this?

Does anybody mix MT or OCT with Emu Oil? I read a thread about this oil being the bomb and I am trying to figure out how to integrate it with my regimine. I am seeing that its creamy vs. oily so I am wondering if it will even mix well. Anybody tried this?

Whenever I buy my Emu Oil, I fully plan on mixing it in. I mix in Vit E oil and Castor oil now, and it mixes in perfectly - you can't even tell, and it doesn't separate, so I don't think you should have a problem with the emu oil, either.

I do!!!!:yep:

I mix 1-oz (....or maybe its a 2-oz jar...its really small...) MT with 20drops Jojoba oil, 20drops EMU oil, and 10 drops TeaTree oil (great for any itchies). It mixes really well. Still nice & creamy. Still smells coconutty, with the faintness of the teatree. I love this mixture, I massage nightly into scalp only. There is absolutel NO buildup. Both EMU & Jojoba are completely absorbed into skin.

So far, my natural hair is sooooo soft and strong.:yep: I am coming to the end of my hardcore C&G challenge, and I am just so excited.:grin:

Last edited:
I just found out the pet supply down the street from my house carries MT! Now I won't have to pay shipping....yay!
I can't wait for the 2009 challenge to start!

*popping in*

<testimonial>

I don't post much, but I've been quietly using MT since August although I never joined the challenge because I wasn't sure how consistent I'd be. I just wanted to say...

MT WORKS!

Even after 2 trims, I've retained 4 inches of length in less than 4 months. I started out high NL and I'm almost fully SL now. I mostly use MT when I DC - I put the MT on my clean scalp and ORS on the length of my hair with heat for 30-45mins, then rinse. I attribute the growth to MT and the retention to rollersets. As an extra benefit, when I rollerset, I 'grease' the parts with MT every other night.

I also attribute the fact that my newgrowth is incredibly soft and manageble to MT. I was able to stretch 8 weeks (impressive for me) and even though I had a pillowtop mattress of ng, it would detangle and straighten right out with no problems. I've scheduled my next touch-up for 10 weeks even tho I'm 1 week post and I already have a ridge of ng.

I hope this helps, even without pictures. I'm heading off to change my tagline from "My neck is cold" to "Gotta protect my ends from my collar and scarf" because, ya know, I have to worry about that now. :drunk:

</testimonial>

*dipping out*

Now you know:needpics:

We need pics!!!!!

But... congrats on your progress. 4 inch in less the 4 months is awesome.

I know it is already December 6th but I will be starting MT today for my DC so hoping for the best in 3 weeks left in December. More than length, I am also hopinng to stop the breakage that I have had.

Grow hair GROW!!

Hoping for everything the bottle says.....REBUILD, THICKER, FULLER, LONGER.

Oh, I am also going to apply it to my nails each day to see if it truly helps with gowth there too!!!

Cheers!

October 17-Decmber 6th growth (6 weeks)

Attachments

• 10-17-08_1941.jpg
    10-17-08_1941.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 12-06-08_1209.jpg
    12-06-08_1209.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 12-06-08_1214.jpg
    12-06-08_1214.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22
I know it is already December 6th but I will be starting MT today for my DC so hoping for the best in 3 weeks left in December. More than length, I am also hopinng to stop the breakage that I have had.

Grow hair GROW!!

Hoping for everything the bottle says.....REBUILD, THICKER, FULLER, LONGER.

Oh, I am also going to apply it to my nails each day to see if it truly helps with gowth there too!!!

Cheers!

so jealous of your bob

3 week progress.
wow girl!

October 17-Decmber 6th growth (6 weeks)
your making great progress!

Last edited:
This past month was the first time I was actually consistent with the OCT/MT and I must admit I can finally understand what everyone is raving about. I just got my last weave install on Friday, and my stylist thought I had been wearing the previous install for 10-weeks (was actually only 6-weeks) because I had so much new growth. She was so impressed she asked me to continue to use it for the next 6-weeks to see if I get the same amount of growth. I can't wait to do my reveal/post pictures in January. Dang, I wish I had been consistent with this product for the last 5-6 months :sad:

I just got a new sew in last Sunday. The braids were pretty tight (I almost told her to take them down), but I knew it would be loose before the week was out. I took pictures and ill post them when I reveal in January. I can't believe how much growth I have already even though I've experienced with me own eyes what Mega-Tek and Ovation can do. Oh, I just odered another bottle of Ovation to take me into the new year. I still have three bottles of Mega-Tek so I think I shoud be good until April. Congrats to everyone and I can hardly wait to see more of the reveal pictures.

Quick history, I was growing out my current bob style and had wonderful progress, I was getting MICRO trims ....just the VERY VERY edges every 6 weeks or so (I know....bad me) and then I decided I wanted to highlight my hair in a few places. Ahhh, YA....horrrible idea. I dye my hair black about 2-3 times a year (permenant color) and have not had issues. My stylist who I totally trust to cut my hair, believed that we could do some higlights (Redken Professional) and "lift" the black and add a funky/cute red color. We applied it, and I sat and sat and sat and then sat under heat and about 30-40 minutes later ......a mild shade of red was creaping through. We laughed and came to the conclusion that the 6-8 or so places that had color would just have to have a subtle tone which was cool also. DC'd, round brush blowdried, quick flat iron to smooth a few areas and I was on my merry way. Then within 2 days I noticed the strands that had been "colored" were so VERY VERY fine and weak, withing a few more days there were breaking at the touch. Everywhere I looked I had broken hair and my head had patches where the texture was drastically different. So over the following 3 months I have had to cut my hair, not trim but cut to gradually get rid of the severly damaged areas, colored a black die after about a month because the "highlight" colored was getting lighter over time and really showed the damage and black die usually conditions my hair? After the black, I began the search for "doing" right by my hair, growing it long (sl) again like I had it last year and challenging myself to grow is to BSL for the first time in my life.

I said ALL that to say that I have had ongoing breakage despite the great products I have found along the way and read about on LHCF but yesterday I tried MEGA TEK REBUILDER for the first time and
OMG!!!:drunk: I cannot believe it.....the breakage has been lessened about 90%. I even went as far as to try different types of brushes, combs, finger combing......and practically NO breakage :grin: (I know....low manipulation....but I was in awe that my ivory counter tops and white tee shirt were not covered in hair ends/pieces/breakage like I had grown used to)

When I went to bed last night I remembered I should massage my scalp with MT so I jumped :blush: out of bed, took off my silk wrap and began my new routine of lightly coating and massaging my scalp. Woke up this AM to shiny, bouncy, healthy FEELing hair!!!:yep: I added some FEKKAI glossing cream and I was good to go!!!!

I know I need to manage and balance the moisture to avoid potential breakage from high protein levels and I plan to do so, but ladies....in ONE use, I am a serious believer. Now if this darn product ALSO grows my hair at a faster rate, then FABULOUS, but I was pleased with the almost complete reduction of breakage......even on the damaged strands!!!!!

Im loving how healthy my hairs feels, can't wait to see what 3 more weeks will reveal for this December Challenge!!!!!!!

How fast did you guys see results? I could be crazy but I started using it thursday, washed it out I believe Friday and flat ironed it today and had to TACKLE my ng....it was a lot thicker!

Emu Oil is the only thing that I add to MT. Mixes very well, and it is in fact more creamy than oily. I LOVE emu oil.... wish I had discovered it sooner. :yep:

Hey Ladies,

Ovation is offering a Holiday Set (see below). I think I might ave to finally break down and try this:grin:. How are u ladies using the Colo Therapy Shampoo and Creame Rinse?..Do those products also promote growth?

HOLIDAY GIFT SET
Item #26025

Ovation System Holiday Gift Set. 1 - 12 ounce bottle of Ovation Cell Therapy and 1 - 6 ounce bottle each of Color Therapy Shampoo & Creme Rinse.
Creates Visibly Thicker, Longer, Stronger Hair
Enhance Natural Color Hair Experience Luxurious, Touchable Hair

product-giftpack-large.jpg
Only $54.95

Hello....is anyone there?:peek:

Girl, you read my mind. I just sat down to the computer to ask this same question. I thought, "did they move the thread & nobody told me?" I was feeling like the Rapture had come and I know I could not have been left behind.:lachen:

Anyway, what's up? I have never seen this thread this quiet in nearly 6+ months.

OK, my little update: my edges are filling in - still spotty which irritates me. However, I think I have breakage near the back center just below crown. Not sure if it is short from my horrible self BC that I botched so poorly or if it is true breakage. I have no hairs in my sink or comb (or very little), my hair is soft & appears healthy. So I am hoping it is just that since I couldn't see the back & did not cut much of it, that that is the area I cut more.

I cw daily, then MT/OCT 15 min - 1hr, rinse, condition. I dc twice - three x week. Can't wear protective styles, front is too short. So have to keep walking around looking weird til it grows out. Entire head is uneven but I decided I will leave it alone until the front is filled in & I can look more normal. Scared to wear scarves or wigs because of edges issue. I am thinking just wearing a fro, pat it down to look even (I hate that style on me, btw) - like it better when I gel it, but maybe the gel is causing the damage? Dunno. Gonna try to leave it more virgin - just leave-in & oil & keep cwing & MT/OCTing for awhile & see how that goes. I have absolutely no patience.:wallbash:

Hey, I have an idea. Maybe Jamaica should open her fokti...that would bring in the traffic:grin::blush::rolleyes::grin:

See...I was gonna get on you about the kittie abuse you got going on in your siggy.:lachen:

Re: my fotki...I thought about opening it for an hour again. That was fun. I'm working on my growth progress video. So, ladies it will be worth the wait. However, since you brought it up....

I will give the pw to the first person who can unscramble these three words:

Hint - MT ingredients

1. hoaiypeaslcsdumccro 1 word
2. dtahorytzeoyeiridelpknrn 3 words
3. isomadcain 2 words

Get your bottles out ladies!

See...I was gonna get on you about the kittie abuse you got going on in your siggy.:lachen:

Re: my fotki...I thought about opening it for an hour again. That was fun. I'm working on my growth progress video. So, ladies it will be worth the wait. However, since you brought it up....

I will give the pw to the first person who can unscramble these three words:

Hint - MT ingredients

1. hoaiypeaslcsdumccro 1 word
2. dtahorytzeoyeiridelpknrn 3 words
3. isomadcain 2 words

Get your bottles out ladies!

You've got me laughing so hard I'm crying. He was fighting the camera. Okay ladies...here's the challenge:grin:

Back