Dedicated MTG Users...Please check in

DahomeyAhosi

My hair grows about twice as fast and the new growth is softer, similar to what silica used to do so I stopped taking silica. I use MTG 2-3 times per week undiluted.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I have been using it faithfully about 1 month now. I use it 2-3 times a week sometimes with Surge 14 first but not always.

I actually think it is increasing the amount of new growth I have.

My back which grows faster anway has about 1.5 inches and the sides which are very slow have a lot of new growth. I hope it works on my hair line also.

I bought a small bottle but will be purchasing the big one today.

Healthb4Length

I've only been using it for 2 weeks now, I do see some changes but nothing dramatic, I am documenting the changes and taking progress pics. I will be updating my album soon so that I can see if this product really work!:)

WesternEyes

I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my hair is so much softer. The new growth is wavy. I use it up to 5 times a week and massage it directly into my scalp. I haven't flat ironed my hair but when i'm in the shower washing, it seems to be getting longer by an inch. Besides the potential growth, MTG makes my hair feel silky. I like it.

ChocoKitty

Back to being dedicated.... :look: Fell off the wagon for a while. But when I started using it faithfully back in Mar @ BSL I was near waistlength late August. I'd say I was about 2-3 inches short of my waistlength goal for 12/05. At the time I was using MTG 2-3 a week mixed with Surge. Then I'd use it overnight on Fridays w/ conditioner and a plastic cap.

My hair was trimmed to below shoulder length in August. Now I'm at the bottom of my brastrap or possible an inch longer depending on the bra. I've been using MTG and conditioner once a week with a plastic cap. A few times I have worn a heating cap for couple of hours before bed. Then I'd shampoo the following day/evening.

I plan to resume using MTG 2-3 times a week and overnight with conditioner and a heating cap as of next week. Alternatively I use it once only once a week overnight w/ heating cap on days I've worn my hair straigtened for a week.

MTG Soldier :armyhat:

Pumpkinslim

I have been using MTG for about three weeks now and it definitely makes my hair silkier. I massage my scalp with it twice a week. I can't tell yet if there is new growth but I definitely will maintain my routine.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I've been using it since the end of August and I've had really good progress. I think I got about an inch+

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
PittGirl06 said:
do you put it on your scalp? do yall mix it with surge? I am ridiculously poor right now so I cannot jump on the bandwagon, but when I do scrape up some extra cash, I am gonna get me some of this stuff and mix it up with something whose smell is tolerable :)

I hope this answers the Surge/MTG mix question. First, I add the MTG like I normally do. After I spray Surge and massage the scalp a bit . This mixture made my hair so incredibly thick, that relaxers/ texturizers work only temporarily on my hair. If any of u ladies use MTG, I think it is the sulfur in the MTG that makes the hair act and look a hot mess. :lol: I am so loving this mix.Remember, Surge and MTG are to be used separately for optimum success.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Natrlchallenge said:
I hope this answers the Surge/MTG mix question. First, I add the MTG like I normally do. After I spray Surge and massage the scalp a bit . This mixture made my hair so incredibly thick, that relaxers/ texturizers work only temporarily on my hair. If any of u ladies use MTG, I think it is the sulfur in the MTG that makes the hair act and look a hot mess. :lol: I am so loving this mix.Remember, Surge and MTG are to be used separately for optimum success.

Why are they to be used seperately as opposed to mixing thme together?

TwistNMx

cocoberry10 said:
I'm not sure. I have braids in. It definitely looks like it's working in the back. I'm not as sure about the front and sides. I'll let you all know when I take them out in a few weeks.

Also, do you all use MTG every night? I have been using once a week, and sometimes 2 times a week. Just curious if frequency makes a difference.
Hello cocoberry,
Answer. I use it 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure if frequency makes a difference, but I'd like to think so.;)

TwistNMx

Natrlchallenge said:
Whazzup, HP! I have to say my hair grew faster w/ MTG when I was texturized. Now that I am natural, the back of my head actually grows faster than the front. My sides are growing in faster and the overall length of my hair is almost even. When I was texturized, growth for the front and sides were more pronounced. I think this is the thickest and healthiest my hair has ever been. My stylist and others have noticed and now I am too. I love my MTG and I will be doing my double whammy challenge. Surge and MTG used together. I'll post my results soon. I can't really tell how to measure my nat. hair,but I am almost able to put it in a pitiful ponytail. :lol: When I bced 6/15/05, I didn't even have enough hair to hide my scalp! I am definitely progressing in my natural journey. I thank all of u for your hair care tips. Keep em coming.
Hey Natrlchallenge..:wave:

You grow gurl! :bdance:

TwistNMx

Brinasia said:
Brinasia said:
I just started using MTG saturday....My hair is now very thick and hard to manage..I met with my girlfriend who I gave a applicator bottle full of this and hair hair was a thick mess too. I had been wearing my phony pony and my hair would look nice. Now my hair looks like a thick mess...What I am I doing wrong...help! Im alsao using surge 14, mango butter QP restorative[/QUOTE

Any suggestions
Hi Brinasia,
I'm not an expert yet with MTG, however you might want to not mix it with other products and see how your hair does first. Also because it does thicken the hair, you may try using less of it and less frequently. For example instead of 2-3 times a week, maybe 2-3 times per month. You will have to find a happy medium that works for you. HTH..Good luck.

TwistNMx

kandyland said:
I mixed it with peppermint, rosemary, orange and rose oil and the smell is still lingering. I haven't put it in my hair...I'll wait until Friday night to see what it smells like on Saturday just in case I have to wash it out, but just curious to know what you're mixing it with...
So you are not a dedicated user yet. You have 3 DAYS...lol :lol:
Hurry it up will ya :lol:

TwistNMx

Alli77 said:
I've only been using it for 2 weeks now, I do see some changes but nothing dramatic, I am documenting the changes and taking progress pics. I will be updating my album soon so that I can see if this product really work!:)
From my experience, give it time. It's just starting to work now I think. I wouldn't dilute it though like some people prefer...and that's good for them. I thought about it but I think it will also dilute the effectiveness of the product. Just keep on going.

TwistNMx

lkg4healthyhair said:
I have been using it faithfully about 1 month now. I use it 2-3 times a week sometimes with Surge 14 first but not always.

I actually think it is increasing the amount of new growth I have.

My back which grows faster anway has about 1.5 inches and the sides which are very slow have a lot of new growth. I hope it works on my hair line also.

I bought a small bottle but will be purchasing the big one today.

I think that's great. I wish my hair would grow more in the back. It grows much faster on the sides instead.
I used MTG on my hairline and saw a difference in about 2 weeks. I would massage it in and then braid my hair.:)

TwistNMx

WesternEyes said:
I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my hair is so much softer. The new growth is wavy. I use it up to 5 times a week and massage it directly into my scalp. I haven't flat ironed my hair but when i'm in the shower washing, it seems to be getting longer by an inch. Besides the potential growth, MTG makes my hair feel silky. I like it.
Did you say 5 times a week?
May I ask your growth rate? Oh...I just realized that you just started using it.:lol:
I'm not sure if I can muster up the courage...LOL
5 times a week...Well, maybe someday. You know what they say about too much of a good thing. I'm tempted though:lachen:

TwistNMx

Well...I must say I'm impressed. I've read all of your posts. I like this! We are the MTG team.:)
Seriously though, I am really pleased that we could come across a product that gives true results. I thought more people would check in here, but I guess they haven't had the chance yet. :ohwell:
Oh well, High Priestess is hopeful...going on crazy challenges and such, but what can I say.;)

Super_Hero_Girl

I'm not in the mtg group yet, but I read most of the threads. :p I'm intrigued but, no pics? I'd love to see someone's documented progress. ;)

BLESSED1

I need to cut back, cuz this stuff has turned my already thick hair into an unmanageable thicker nightmare....my poor ouchless elastics can't handle my bush anymore, lol. I took starting point pics but I'm not going to compare until later this month, I don't remember when I started using MTG but I think it was towards the end of Sept. and I want to see what it does in a months time.

angellazette

My MTG came today!

How often do you all wash or cw? Do you think the pooing/cw effect the results?

ETA, I just smelled and it is not bad at all! It smells just like Glovers!

Ok I changed my mind, this stuff is strong!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

I continue to see good results with the MTG> Thickness. more length. I am seeing growth in areas that were totally at a standstill. managebility. (due to healthier silky texture). Hair is definitely getting shinier. Bonjour

cocoberry10

High Priestess said:
Hello cocoberry,
Answer. I use it 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure if frequency makes a difference, but I'd like to think so.;)

Thanks High Priestess.

I have one more question. Does Surge stimulate more growth with MTG?

babyallmine

I started using MTG on Labor Day. Cut my hair a week later , shavign the sides and back down to my natural waves. A week later my waves were curls. Currently, my sides and back are a twa. The top of my hair, which I left some relaxed hair is a thick mess at the roots.

I use MTG every two or so days, depending on my schedule. I usually apply to my scalp and then wear a plastic cap for a few hours or overnight. I also noticed that it changed the curl patten of my new growth. Before MTG, my new growth was wavy. Now, it's coily. Lovin' the MTG and using it diluted on my daughters' hair.

The first night I used it, my husband woke me up at 4 am to tell me that he smelled someone cooking bacon. :lol:

secretdiamond

Super_Hero_Girl said:
I'm not in the mtg group yet, but I read most of the threads. :p I'm intrigued but, no pics? I'd love to see someone's documented progress. ;)

I took pics the night I started: 9/16. I will be taking progress pics when I get my next relaxer, but that won't be until November.... if I make it there. lol. I don't want to say much of what I think about it yet until I can actually have documented proof of it so i know I'm not fooling myself the way i did with surge. [size=-2]*But just btwn you & me, I don't think the mtg is letting me down.[/size]* ;)

saratess

Hi Ladies of LHCF. I have been a lurker for about a couple of weeks now and decided to check in because you ladies have been great a inspiration for me to take better care of my hair. I mentioned to my husband last night about the forum and he noticed the great improvement in my hair since I have been lurking. I also mentioned to him that I was going to purchase the MTG and guess what he has some!!! We have horses so I am going to start using it today. Isn't that a coincident!! I am excited about it. He went on to tell me that it actually grows our horse's tail 1/2 inch every two weeks. So I will be using the recommendations from you ladies as far as application. I will also be taking progress pictures.

I believe I am 4a/4b. Currently my hair is almost to my shoulders. I am also using WGO and Surge. I wash and roll my hair twice a week. I will be washing on tomorrow and taking photos. Thanks again Ladies!!

SqrpioQutie

Super_Hero_Girl said:

i have pics... :D ... the fotki album has all of my pics when i first cut and some progress pics... i use mtg about 2x's a week overnight with a plastic cap... i also have it mixed in my daily moisturizer (castor oil and mtg) that i use after i surge... so while i won't attribute all of my growth to mtg, i will say that it definitely hasn't hindered me...

tinkat

i have a sew in but i definitely feel the new growth, its growing good, my edges are growing in thick, but i never had problems with my edges...from that i can know that the rest of my hair is growing good

czyfaith77

My hair is doing fine. I took it out of some cornrows. I could not make it to 2 weeks with the cornrows. I was hoping to make it to a month but the roots just got real frizzy. So my hair is out for a minute and my relaxed hair is levitating over my 1.5-2 inches TWA underneath.:lol: That's a good thing though. But I definitely have to go to individual braids soon before I really start looking a hot mess. The new growth is just too much :) .

czyfaith77

saratess said:
Hi Ladies of LHCF. I have been a lurker for about a couple of weeks now and decided to check in because you ladies have been great a inspiration for me to take better care of my hair. I mentioned to my husband last night about the forum and he noticed the great improvement in my hair since I have been lurking. I also mentioned to him that I was going to purchase the MTG and guess what he has some!!! We have horses so I am going to start using it today. Isn't that a coincident!! I am excited about it. He went on to tell me that it actually grows our horse's tail 1/2 inch every two weeks. So I will be using the recommendations from you ladies as far as application. I will also be taking progress pictures.

I believe I am 4a/4b. Currently my hair is almost to my shoulders. I am also using WGO and Surge. I wash and roll my hair twice a week. I will be washing on tomorrow and taking photos. Thanks again Ladies!!

I am glad that everything is working for you. And I am glad to hear the positive feedback and support your husband is giving you. Happy growing! :)

shoelover1972

Welcome sarates :wave:

I'm 5wks post touch-up and i have been using MTG only on the back of my hair for just 3wks. I have taken some pics when I started. I can feel that there is alot more re-growth there compared to everywhere else. I will know when I get my next touch-up in Dec / Jan how much growth I have achieved and will take further pics then.