Dedicated MTG Users...Please check in

saratess

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I would love to stretch my relaxer to 20 weeks around X-mas time; however, I do not know how that will pan out because I have never gone that long before. But I am very excited about the MTG Challenge.

I know one thing I am getting to know my hair alot better since joining the forum. I never knew there was so much I could do on my own with my hair. I have not been to a salon in over two months. I believe you me, I was an every other week goer. As long as my hair is oiled it does fine. I will be posting regular updates in my fotki.

Naijaqueen

ladies, 2 weeks post touch up, and I've GROWTH. I've also been saturating my hair with MTG every night, like so much so that my salp is soaked, and then I massage. I've bee on MTG bandwagon since late May/early June, and consistently since mid July.
I get a blowout next week, so I'll know just how much growth 3 weeks post touchup

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm gonna get it for this comment, but the key to optimum success is to use MTG strait w/o mixing. The product must be completely dilluted before use. U won't be able to tell unless your product is by itself. JMHO- If u R getting the results u want, then ignore what I just posted. :lol:

napgurl

Natrlchallenge said:
I'm gonna get it for this comment, but the key to optimum success is to use MTG strait w/o mixing. The product must be completely dilluted before use. U won't be able to tell unless your product is by itself. JMHO- If u R getting the results u want, then ignore what I just posted. :lol:
So you mean full strength, not dilluted.

smiller

I think MTG works for me also. My hair is very soft and I have very little shedding. I will put the braids back up in a day or 2. The only problem I have is my hair line. Just can't seem to get it to grow. :mad: Will keep trying.

TwistNMx

Naijaqueen said:
ladies, 2 weeks post touch up, and I've GROWTH. I've also been saturating my hair with MTG every night, like so much so that my salp is soaked, and then I massage. I've bee on MTG bandwagon since late May/early June, and consistently since mid July.
I get a blowout next week, so I'll know just how much growth 3 weeks post touchup
Yes/yes/yes,
I would love to hear of your results.:yep:

TwistNMx

BLESSED1 said:
I need to cut back, cuz this stuff has turned my already thick hair into an unmanageable thicker nightmare....my poor ouchless elastics can't handle my bush anymore, lol. I took starting point pics but I'm not going to compare until later this month, I don't remember when I started using MTG but I think it was towards the end of Sept. and I want to see what it does in a months time.
Wait! Don't give up just yet. You might want to try deep conditioning treatments under a heat cap. I'd hate to see you go now. Let us grow together.:look:

TwistNMx

cocoberry10 said:
Thanks High Priestess.

I have one more question. Does Surge stimulate more growth with MTG?
MTG has been stimulating to me. Others have used it also with results. Try it and see what it does for you.

KansasHalo

Well, its official....I am on the MTG bandwagon. lol

I plan to apply this to the crown of my head. My hair is VERY thin there from some highlights that a stylist that broke off (GRRRRRR). Its so thin that if I part my hair on the sides, you can see scalp :(

I ordered the trial size last Saturday and I got it today. Right now, I"m doing a patch test (applied some to my arm and behind an ear) and it all goes well, I will be MTGing with the rest of yall.

So far, the smell isn't bad at all. It actually reminds me of Blue Magic hair grease which is what my mom used to press my hair as a child. I probably will mix in a bit of ylang ylang to tone it down though. Smelling like Blue Magic was ok when I was seven, but not at thirty.

I do have a question though....is the sulfur in this product organice (like MSM)?

carletta

I ran out this week so I'm :user: tonight to get some mo of this stuff ! The hair is growing like crazy and I just got my hair braided too ! tha hair is staying up til april or may 06" :grin: :yep: hoping to get at least 5-6 in of growth by then !

blackbarbie

I've been using MTG for 5 weeks now. I use faithfully 5 times a week. M-F (wash on Saturday). I only use at night so it has "marinated" at night and doesn't smell as bad in the morning. I have it in a color applicator bottle and just go up and down my scalp. When I started using MTG, I was 2 weeks post relaxer, but started to immediately see some growth. I am trying to let my layers grow back and I can say that although I haven't had my hair completely straightened out over the past 7 weeks (been rollersetting every week for the past 7 weeks) I know for sure there is quite a bit growth. I can tell that it is getting thick too. (not just thick at the roots, but filling out thick) I usually get a touch up at 8 weeks and next week will be that point. I plan to stretch til at least 12 weeks and feel like the oil in MTG makes my roots that much more manageable to where I can do it....I ordered the Maxiglide and it should be here tomorrow or Monday and I will def. be able to see how much growth once I stretch it out.....This is def. a keeper for me!

Off topic...I was telling my friend me using MTG. I described it as the "horse stuff", and she knew exactly what I was talking about b/c her mother has horses and she say she has seen it. She says they use it on the horse's mane and also for fungus, sores, etc. and it clears them up, etc. Her mother is also a beautician. She said she was going to ask her mother about the use of MTG on human heads. Her mother will probably tell her all kinds of crazy stuff that it could do to you, but I will be able to show her that the proof is in the pudding when I go home for Christmas!!

SweetNic_JA

asphyxxia said:
Does MTG leave a sulphur residue in the hair? i know its oily, but are there white/yellow bits in your hair afterwards? or does the sulphur dissolve completely into the oil?
I get a residue which can cake up. I think it's mostly because the sulfur is getting caught between my cornrows and I can't scrub my scalp as easily as when I don't have in a sew-in.

Overall, MTG is a definite keeper. I use to be able to keep my sew-in for 2 to 3 months before I was annoyed by new growth but now, 6 weeks seems to be my max. I put this sew in August 21st and today is October 7 and I need to get this out! My edges get the MTG the most and they are thriving like wild flowers. The rest of my head has atleast 1" which is much considering the fact that my growth rate had slowed a lot. I wish I could use the MTG on my scalp daily but I don't like greasy looking weaves so...my edges are inheriting all the wealth.

BLESSED1

High Priestess said:
Wait! Don't give up just yet. You might want to try deep conditioning treatments under a heat cap. I'd hate to see you go now. Let us grow together.:look:

Oh girl no, I'm not going to give up! I do want the extra length at a faster pace, it's just that I don't need the extra thickness. This pic shows what I was working with just a few weeks after I did my chop:

I can barely handle that but I've got almost twice as much of that now...plus these dummies keep calling me simba :lol:

pbuckley

I have been off the happy hair journey since right about my 6 month of pregnancy. Now that I've had the baby I'd like to continue and see if I can get pass this 25.5 mark on down to 30 and reach waist length. Clue me in someone what is MTG?

Naijaqueen

I'm exactly 2 weeks post relaxer why on earth is there a bush on my head, like unless i do a CW or wet my hair aint no way in heck will i be able to comb my hair today! MTG is off the hook!!!!!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Naijaqueen said:
I'm exactly 2 weeks post relaxer why on earth is there a bush on my head, like unless i do a CW or wet my hair aint no way in heck will i be able to comb my hair today! MTG is off the hook!!!!!!

NaijaQ, the same thing happened to me. When I was texturized, with MTG use, the "effects" of a texturizer and relaxer only lasted for 2-3 weeks tops. I am now natural, but it seemed to me that MTG changed my hair from wavy to curly. My hair was always thick and never fully straitened w/ a relaxer. My ng was never curly until I used MTG. You may be my hair twin! :lol:

Naijaqueen

Natrlchallenge said:
NaijaQ, the same thing happened to me. When I was texturized, with MTG use, the "effects" of a texturizer and relaxer only lasted for 2-3 weeks tops. I am now natural, but it seemed to me that MTG changed my hair from wavy to curly. My hair was always thick and never fully straitened w/ a relaxer. My ng was never curly until I used MTG. You may be my hair twin! :lol:

:plol: like i know my mom is looking at me like chile u need a touchup :D and i'm like i had one 2 weeks ago!! my hair looks longer now when wet, i cant wait to get a blowout next week!!!!

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
i just got my hair relaxled today and my beautician said that my hair is growing really fast. i am sorry i dont have the b4 pictures but for now this will be my b4 picture until i get my hair done again

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mitcy33167

Attachments

• new hair.bmp
    22 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

CynamonKis

After reading the posts on this subject, I may try this stuff. But there are a couple of things that I was wondering. For the Ladies that mix the MTG with other oils to masks the smell, do you think this dilutes the effectiveness of the product? Also, after reading the directions (for horses I know), the directions suggest that it be used once per week and that it be left in for that entire week, protected by a bag (in my case I'd use a plastic bag)--is using it more often over-kill, or perhaps necessary for us humans? Please let me know. I re-post the directions from the Shapley.com website:

AS A MANE/TAIL CONDITIONER & LENGTHENER:*

Minimum effort results in up to 3" of growth a month as a leave in conditioner!

1. Apply M-T-G liberally and massage into hair and skin.
Do not wash out.
2. Braid and bag tail in Shapley's Super Tail Bag.
3. On a weekly basis, check on tail and re-apply M-T-G.
4. To remove M-T-G, shampoo with Shapley's Hi-Shine.

*As a normal precaution, wash out prior treatments and pretest for sensitivity before first application.

kandyland

High Priestess said:
So you are not a dedicated user yet. You have 3 DAYS...lol :lol:
Hurry it up will ya :lol:

:lol:...I tried it for the first time last night...mind you I bought it over 2 months ago. anywho...I tried it and so far so good...BUTTT...it looks like I can't wear my puff if I want to use it...It makes my hair oily to the touch...guess that'll force me to wear more protective styles twist/braids....will report back....

Brinasia

I have finally gotten used to the MTG. I added an essential oil combination which included pepperment oil , orange,lemon and some other stuff. The smell is better now. My hair isnt a puffy mess now. I decided the use th Surge 14 with it and wrap it. It came out staight and flat like I like it. My hair is very moist now. But..............i just got back from Walgreens because it left a terrble rash on my neck...My skin is very sensitive . I cant even wear perfume on my skin!!! So Im going to be a bit more careful whe I use it.

jshor09

two thumbs up !!! MTG is working wonders. Now if I could just keep my hands out of my head.

Blossssom

Jkelly0204 said:
two thumbs up !!! MTG is working wonders. Now if I could just keep my hands out of my head.

PICTURES!

Heehee... just kidding... ;)

I MTG'd last night. My hair should feel like silk today :lol:

TwistNMx

:wave:Hi Gurl,
You're so cute. :kiss: And I'll let you know when I get my Surge to mix.

Natrlchallenge said:
I hope this answers the Surge/MTG mix question. First, I add the MTG like I normally do. After I spray Surge and massage the scalp a bit . This mixture made my hair so incredibly thick, that relaxers/ texturizers work only temporarily on my hair. If any of u ladies use MTG, I think it is the sulfur in the MTG that makes the hair act and look a hot mess. :lol: I am so loving this mix.Remember, Surge and MTG are to be used separately for optimum success.