Did she break-up with me?

*fabulosity*

I have had that happen before. I just didn't like the particular stylist trimming my hair because it was always a "hair cut".. not a trim.. She told me the same thing... (like you're so picky about your hair...these raggedy a$$ ends don't allow it to hold a curl.. I'm not gonna be fighting with you...) So I let another stylist trim it.. and went back..hoping she didn't notice.. she had a gazillion clients...doubt she would remember... but she did. :sekret: I told her my cousin trimmed it for me...

If I had to do it over again, I would've just been upfront like.. no you cut too much. If you really like her just continue to get it TU'ed up there..and get your girl to do the trims. I think the bottom line is that the ends were raggedy...not that she just wanted to get your $..well could be but.. I'll assume the best in folks..today. So now that that is remedied... I would continue business as usual. I don't do at home perms because I am not a professional and I don't handle chemicals.. and prolly would be suicidal if I messed up my own hair..lmao. Kudos to those that do though! If I had the skills and patience..it would definitely be something to look into.

ETA: $15 for a trim IN ADDITION to what the normal service charge is highway...

spencd

Am I the only one that think perhaps your ends are bad and need some trim? I do not know what your ends look like but we are concerned with length and not the maintenance. I, too have the concern about wanting a trim and end up getting a cut. That is my problem now, I need a trim, but want to go to someone that understand when I say trim. Let's face it, no matter how much we take care of our hair we still need a little trim to cut off those split ends before it get worse then we are on here complaining about what went wrong. I think since you have been going to her a while she should have said (since she was the one with the concerns) okay I will trim it for free. I used to go get my hair done at a beauty school and they teach them if a person hair is damaged (not saying yours is) you are not to put any chemicals in the clients hair. I would rather the beautician tell me then try to make money off of me before my hair really gets ruined.

DarkHair

Am I the only one that think perhaps your ends are bad and need some trim? I do not know what your ends look like but we are concerned with length and not the maintenance. I, too have the concern about wanting a trim and end up getting a cut. That is my problem now, I need a trim, but want to go to someone that understand when I say trim. Let's face it, no matter how much we take care of our hair we still need a little trim to cut off those split ends before it get worse then we are on here complaining about what went wrong. I think since you have been going to her a while she should have said (since she was the one with the concerns) okay I will trim it for free. I used to go get my hair done at a beauty school and they teach them if a person hair is damaged (not saying yours is) you are not to put any chemicals in the clients hair. I would rather the beautician tell me then try to make money off of me before my hair really gets ruined.

I get what you are saying. The last time she trimmed, she never asked and started cutting. Therefore I was obligated to pay that $75. I even lost length. If I'm trusting you to do a trim of my split/bad ends, then do that. Don't cut inches off claiming my ends are damaged. I took her advice and used heat once a week. Since joining here I do it every other week. I used to only wash my hair every three weeks when she would do it. I now wash every week. Who knows. I know that I have to make sacrifices for my wallet.