Do You Remember Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer?????

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
What ingredient is contributing to the growth spurt?
The key ingredient was the mucopolysaccharides (or glycosaminoglycans):

Glycosaminoglycans have shown promising ability to stimulate hair growth in clinical tests. They lengthen the anagen or growing stage of a hair’s strand’s life cycle, thereby giving hair an extended period of time to grow longer. Another benefit of this substance is that it has the potential to reduce hair loss, so if excessive shedding is a concern, you might want to look for conditioners that have this all important ingredient in the mix.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Megatek had me in the fetal position when I was applying to my scalp. At the time I had cut it with leave in conditioner and water and sprayed it on my scalp. Started on a Sunday. Tuesday, my head hurt so I went to bed thinking I was just tired. By Wednesday had the headache from he.ll. Thursday left work early and layed in bed. Friday night, left work again and was just in the fetal position laying in the dark on my bed. Saturday I did not move. Sunday I washed and never used it again.
OMG...

Per the above, think I'd rather apply aloe vera juice to my scalp. I won't risk injuring myself for hair growth.

Last edited:

VinDieselsWifey

My wig came yesterday. I'm gonna wash, deep condition, & braid my hair this weekend. Then I'll take a starting pic & document my growth.

Can't wait to start using it.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I wonder if i could spray it on my fingers and massage my scalp with it to avoid getting too much in my hair?
i'm wanting to try this product so bad :lol:

i just don't like that it contains parabens.

Last edited:

stacy

So far, I have not found it in the bss in my area. I will keep hunting over the weekend. If I can't find it, I will order online like most everyone else. I do hope no one has a bad reaction, but honestly, like anything else, some people may. If you do, stop using it. Simple. They didn't stop making Jiff or Peter Pan or Skippy because some people have peanut allergies. Let's keep it real.

GeorginaSparks

Wow i missed this thread! yes i remember surge but back then i was relaxed and i think i was using so many growth aids or doing one of those MLMs schemes like 12 daily. just doing wayyy too much :lachen: yes i remember people that also got burned. the closest store is a good hour away i might just order online or drive down tomorrow.

nevermind i ordered 3 bottles.

SheWalks

Guess I'm going to hop on this bandwagon, I've been reviewing the ingredients and tbh they seem to be quite good for me (hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein) so I'd use this on my hair length as well as my scalp.

Anyone in Brooklyn/NYC find this on the ground?

MACGlossChick

I tried finding this otg with no luck. I went to a few of the places they listed in NJ (Teaneck and Paterson), but no one had it, although some places did have old surge products.

Is everyone just buying the spray, or did anyone get the shampoo or cream? I'm going to buy 2 bottles of the spray and 1 jar of the cream and give 1 spray to my sister.

bellatiamarie

I need to come over to this side of the board again! I used Surge 14 back in the day and I loved it!! I still have an old bottle as well.... I've been scared to use it because it's old. I bought it in like 2007. Glad to hear it's back.

ETA :look: I lied. I don't need to start coming over to this side of the board. Yall have me buying all this stuff! I just ordered 3 bottles.

SheWalks

Found it on the ground and bought two bottles. I'm going to find an applicator top for 1 of the bottles.. Spraying my scalp seems weird. Glad to find a growth aid with no nasty scent. I'm planning on using it on a small patch of hair in the back for a week to make sure no burning happens.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Guess I'm going to hop on this bandwagon, I've been reviewing the ingredients and tbh they seem to be quite good for me (hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein) so I'd use this on my hair length as well as my scalp.

Anyone in Brooklyn/NYC find this on the ground?

No.

I had to order from House of Beauty. I went looking, but no success. Bronx and Harlem. By the time I ordered online, most websites were OOS so I ordered from the above. They are based in Philly, so my stuff was priority for 2 days but it came in 1 day.

Eta: where did you find

SheWalks

No.

I had to order from House of Beauty. I went looking, but no success. Bronx and Harlem. By the time I ordered online, most websites were OOS so I ordered from the above. They are based in Philly, so my stuff was priority for 2 days but it came in 1 day.

Eta: where did you find
Feel beauty supply in downtown brooklyn has a bunch of bottles. So does the beauty35 a couple blocks down.