Do You Use Hair Grease?

Is hair grease bad for the hair and scalp?

• Yes, it's bad

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • No, it's not bad

Votes: 82 67.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

candy626

I hate grease for my own personal purposes. But I could see using it sparingly on the length of the hair and not scalp and only if you wash regularly. Otherwise grease seems to leave hair...well, greasy.

It doesn't even seem to do men's hair any good. I hate when a guys hair smells like hair grease or has a greasy feel to it. I'd rather my hair just feel dry

lamaria211

kinkycurlygurl said:
I think grease is fine as a sealant.

Thats what I was going to use it as but I used it on my dry hair and it made mg hair feel just as good soft and moisturized . Im using BB super gro it also smells like candy:)

LexiDior

I was always taught that the only thing grease is good for is frying chicken so no i dont use it. it tends to weigh my hair down so i use oils and creme.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
lamaria211

I don't use it on my scalp. I only use it on my ends and the way it leaves them moisturized and protected is out of control!

I just use plain ole Vaseline because a.) it's super cheap; b.) it's odorless and c.) I wanted to cut out the middle man and go straight to the source!

I love me some grease! I just wish I hopped on this band wagon sooner!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Personally I don't like hair grease. For my hair texture it does nothing for me but cause breakage; however, my mom used to use it in my hair growing up.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
jprayze said:
I grew up on blue magic and royal crown :) and I keep a large jar of blue magic around.

Dang. My grandmother used Royal Crown and she also used it on our hair to grease the scalp and pressing.

That name takes me waaaaay back! :)

fatimablush

yep..me too

royal crown
dax
natures blessings

when i was really sick earlier this year my cornrowed my hair and used royal crown..she tried using the shea butter but it did nothing..she only used a little bit. she washed my hair and and used the royal crown...and i had a nice braidouts.

i am about to big chop again...too many splits and this will be part of my regimen.

delitefulmane

It's a common misconception that we should oil our scalp when really we should try best to keep our scalp free from any type of product. Oils should be used to seal moisture in our hair after putting some kind of moisturizing aid on it.

In the past, I suffered from an excessively itchy, dry scalp, so I used to grease my scalp, which never cured it. I cured my itchy, dry scalp by shampooing and conditioning with tea tree based products. Shampoo is the only product I put directly on my scalp to clarify. And if I do put oil in my hair, it's after putting some kind of moisturizing aid on it first (like a butter or cream).

curlycrown85, Thank you! I have been wondering about how to combat an itchy scalp without "greasing" it. My mom is old school so when I complain she says it because "I don't grease my scalp."

Ruby True

Yes I do cuz sometimes oils don't seal well for me . Right now I'm using GroHealthy olive oil creme for kids it has great ingredients and sealing with Organics horsetail & Rosemary hair revitalizer to seal.

longinghair

@Ruby True, thumbs up to organics horsetail and rosemary. I looove that product. It doesn't contain mineral oil or petrolatum and smells wonderful. It does contain lanolin and hydrogenated vegetable oil but it works!!! I have very thick hair so oils do nothing for me as per sealing. They just seem to evaporate along with my leave in.:ohwell:

Last edited: