Doesn't OCT/MT qualify as a protein treatment

pinkchocolatedaisy

Or do I need to buy something else like Apoghee, etc? Right now I only use MT on my scalp daily if I remember. But since I am contemplating coloring my hair I know I would have to get up on the protein treatments... :spinning::look: so it MT/OCT ok?

I don't know enough about this to give you a good answer. However, when I joined the OCT/Mega-Tek challenge, the information posted by DontSpeakDefeat said to discontinue all other protein treatments. Maybe you could PM her to get a good answer if she does not see this thread?

I use MT as my protein DC treatment, then follow it up with a moisturizing DC.

ETA: Keratin is the 2nd listed ingredient, following water. MT is a much better protein treatment than Aphogee, which is the one that I used to use...but i rarely used one at all. I notice that my shedding and breakage has decreased with MT as my conditioner.

Last edited:
When I do use MT on the length of my hair, I definitely consider it a protein treatment - without a doubt. I think it's an excellent replacement/substitute for Apoghee.... :yep:

You're right... I am part of that challenge but I haven't been following the thread lately. :look: I do recall reading that now though! :grin:

I don't know enough about this to give you a good answer. However, when I joined the OCT/Mega-Tek challenge, the information posted by DontSpeakDefeat said to discontinue all other protein treatments. Maybe you could PM her to get a good answer if she does not see this thread?

Back