Elucence Products...Review Please

ms_kenesha

I think I'm going to buy a lot of Elucence products after the new year...I'm almost out of my shampoo& I'm all out of the conditioner. I wanted to get a review on some of the products I haven't used yet.

Silk Hydrating Elixir:
hydrating moisturizers and silk proteins combine to soften and strengthen your hair in all new Silk Hydrating Elixir. This high gloss elixir with hydrolized natural silk fibers smooths ends while imparting extraodinary shine. It is very lite so it will not weigh your hair down. This Elixer or S.H.E. as we call it can be used on wet or dry hair. On wet hair, it conditions and aids in adding shine while blow drying or before roller setting. On dry hair it works excellent before curling, giving your hair brilliant shine. It can also be used for daily maintenance to add moisture and shine. If your hair is dry, dull or lifeless this product is a must.
:up: or :down:

Protective Barrier Balm:
is a unique moisturizing balm that replenishes the natural lipid barrier in the hair lost through chemical processing or hair that has become extremely dry. To sheild delicate skin/scalp from chemical contact, use prior to relaxer service. This dual purpose product can also be used as a hot oil treatment on extremely dry or course hair. For the benefits of a hot oil treatment on extremely dry or coarse hair, lightly apply with a plastic cap under a medium warm dryer for ten minutes (pre-heat dryer). Instant softness and shine will be noticed. Excellent as a daily hairdress and to moisturize dry skin.

Moisture Acidifying Shampoo:
is a post-chemical services shampoo that returns hair to the normal PH range (4.5 - 5.5). This product moisturizes, softens and detangles, when used following any alkaline chemical service. Our advanced fruit acid complex including Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) from grapefruit quickly and gently lowers PH balance. In addition, this AHA complex chelates mineral deposits. This unique function is particularly important when using a relaxer other than one which is sodium based (calcium or lithium). This shampoo is up to four times as concentrated as other normalizing shampoos. This results in less product use per application. Great for texture requires extra softening, detangling, and moisturizing. Perfect for use after Color or bleach to replace lost moisture. Grapefruit extracts enhances color when used after color or bleach.

Volume Clarifying Shampoo:
is a unique dual-purpose shampoo designed to volumize hair that needs body, and clarify hair to remove buildup while exfoliating the scalp. Lift and body at the roots are achieved through exfoliation and purification. White Willow Bark extract and other purifying agents help remove dulling residues. These important benefits provide healthy scalp and helps promote the healthy growth of new hair. Normalizes hair following chemical services. Excellent for fine hair, thinning hair, hard water areas, medicinal deposits, or to remove chlorine water.

The shampoos should last me a good while since I don't use them much and don't use a lot when I do esp. since I plan on getting the 33 oz. of each.

stacy

I've only used a few Elucence products. Thumbs way up on the Moisture Benefits shampoo. Thumbs up on the Silk Hydrating Elixir. Thumbs in the middle on the Moisture Balancing Conditioner and the All Day Hold Spritz. HTH.

Victorian

old head
I've only used the Silk Hydrating Elixir. I use it for blowdrying and also I occasionally put a tiny bit on dry hair for shine/slip. It gives a TON of slip and it smells nice :) Best serum I've tried.
Two thumbs up!

ETA: I forgot to mention that it really does seem to moisturize, as it claims (most serums I've used don't really impart much moisture, just sort of gloss the surface)

stacy

I mix the Silk Hydrating Elixir with the ORS Carrot OIl Creme for a bit extra moisture.

InsertCleverNameHere

I have an Elucence shampoo that smells like grapefruit. I really like it! It's not overly drying or so moisturizing that your hair doesn't feel clean. It's a nice happy medium :)

angelbaby

I am an Elucence lover. I swear by this stuff. I have the Silk Hydrating Elixer and it has replaced my Salerm 21 and Lacio Lacio for applying to my hair right after shampooing. My hair actually feels like silk!!!!! It is so soft and there is so much slip in my dry combing. This stuff is AMAZING!!! It doesn't make my hair shine alot, but that's what I use the Moisture Barrier Balm for. If you apply it after washing, the shine on your hair is off the scale. I have never used such a product that gave my hair so much shine without making it sticky and stiff. The Moisture Barrier Balm washes out easily and doesn't leave a heavy build-up. The Moisture Acidifying shampoo isn't drying AT ALL! I use it after relaxing and I use it for product buildup every so often. My hair stays soft even after drying.

The Elucence products have been wonderful for my hair. They have slowly replaced
every other hair product in my closet. I love them so much that I order the large sizes in bulk. I never want to run out of them.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
BlackCardinal said:
I've only used the Silk Hydrating Elixir. I use it for blowdrying and also I occasionally put a tiny bit on dry hair for shine/slip. It gives a TON of slip and it smells nice :) Best serum I've tried.
Two thumbs up!

ETA: I forgot to mention that it really does seem to moisturize, as it claims (most serums I've used don't really impart much moisture, just sort of gloss the surface)
I second this! A little goes a long way.

Ronda123

I must go out and purchase Elucence products. :driver: I have heard a lot of good things about Elucence...:scratchch

ms_kenesha

Thanks y'all...I'm going to nip my PJ-ism in the bud and get these products to add to my list of staples...though I will always sample some things off of my staple list...can't just go cold turkey!:grin: